Replies

• oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thank you. I needed this post. you have helped calm me and put things in perspective.
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Awesome post. :drinker:
    Ditto ekoth09!
    I speak for myself only- my fear (yes, it's a FEAR not a concern) is that once I start going over 400 a day, I will do it two days in a row, then three, then it will spiral downwards from there. I will go back to my 'What the hell!' and 'Why not?!' attitude.

This where MFP has helped me the most, reading the Community Boards posts, like yours, reading the NSV of different people, seeing other people's success stories has helped me incorporate your healthy attitude, great recipes (thank you PB2!), inspiring stories and life style changes.
  • daltondaylon
    daltondaylon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this!!!
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Every Saturday I eat a Gotta Have It sized Mud Pie Mojo from Cold Stone Creamery, all 1,300 calories worth. I do this without an ounce of guilt. I do it with glee, because I really love it. I also do it because it is one of the few sweet treats my system can tolerate without triggering a fibro flare. The rest of the week, I am really, really careful about what I eat. My food plan is a prescription.

So here is to looking at the big picture, and enjoying once in a while :)
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    Thanks for your perspective. I am currently recovering from bulimia and I know that your statements are right and I need to keep those ideas at the forefront of my mind as I plan my days' meals.
  • sdwight
    sdwight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your point well taken, we are too critical of ourselves. Point well taken.
  • lorrainewright66
    Options
    this made me laugh and you are so right!!!! :laugh:
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,
    I think I just fell in love with you. No, seriously. THAT was an awesomely EPIC post!!

:flowerforyou:

Ditto! :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • PepePants
    PepePants Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks. I feel good about my chocolate breakfast...
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Excellent perspective and so glad you are posting this. Part of the task for us who are losing weight having been obese is fostering a healthy use of food. Your post reminds us of this: WE are in charge of what we put in our mouths. Every day can't be 3000 calories, but if we do eat it on a rare occasion, its not the end of the world. Thanks!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    So next time you find yourself with your hand in the box of oreos after a perfectly healthy week, just enjoy the darn oreos. Seriously. Life is too short, people.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to curl up in bed with my half gallon of Edy's Butterfinger ice cream.

I'll bring the oreos if you share the ice cream ;)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Gotta bump this!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great way of looking at it! That's an inspiration because most of the time I feel like if I have a cheat day, I've screwed up and may as well make it a cheat week, or why not a cheat month? One day doesn't make or break us, does it? Thanks for posting this. I think that's a fantastic way of putting things in perspective.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've successfully justified your binge eating ... in your own mind. LOL.

I have to agree.......its nice to work out and create a deficit but then to go and have a half gallon of ice cream "Just because?" I cant relate ....but if that works for you and others ....I'm more than happy for you OP....and wish you all the best....nice post and Im sure it will help others that can relate to this way of thinking.
  • nmfsc
    nmfsc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to put this whole thing in perspective! Thanks for the reality check:)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I think we have to enjoy ourselves as we go along for the long haul. i mean take for instance salad. i carefully measured out an exact amount to eat. then when i got toward the end of my lettuce, i didn't want it because the dressing ran out.. so was i going to enjoy that last bit of salad without the dressing? no. so i decided to measure out an other TB of dressing and it made the last bit of salad delish. and it didn't hurt me.

so i think we have to think of the big picture and enjoy our food and find ways to eat healthier, but sometimes we are tackling 10 things at once.. so if once we screw up on one point, we can focus on the other 9 points we are doing right, and I think once in a while eating a fun food is worth it becuase it makes the whole weight loss process that much more enjoyable.

now that does not mean go nuts all the time, but sometimes i think we need a little food pleasure to get us thru this for the big picture. I am not advocating bingeing, or overeating, but i think we need to find what will make our weight loss a pleasure and not a drudge or else we will just go back to those things that got us here in the first place. i think "controlled guilty pleasures" might be what im saying. This is just my opinion, not a scientific factoid.
  • LifeIsAClimb1993
    LifeIsAClimb1993 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to go eat some ice-cream...