Stupid Skinny, be careful what you wish with for!

Options

Replies

• Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, what you're going through or how tough what you're going to go through will be but I wish you all the luck in the world and however hard it gets, don't stop fighting because many have beaten it and you hopefully can too.

Good luck, and keep your head up. xx
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am sorry. We're meant to fully live our lives and some of us get stuck in these weight or body battles that take so much of our energy away from the good and beautiful around us. I appreciate your giving me a little awareness today.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Please take care of yourself and be strong.
  • 302cupcake
    302cupcake Posts: 34
    Options
    Ovarian Cancer is not staged on ultrasound results alone - before accepting a Stage 4 diagnosis (which means cancer has spread to the liver and other organs) please see a Reproductive Oncologist to discuss CT scans, PET scans and tumor debulking surgery. Any doc who would give you this news by phone without thorough testing may not be interpreting the ultrasound results correctly. My Stage 2 cancer was not seen on ultrasound but was found during routine abdominal surgery.
  • xMuscles
    xMuscles Posts: 24
    Options
    brave to share :)
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I will be thinking of you and sending get better vibes your way
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you all for all well wishes:-) My diagnosis came after two pelvic exams, a biopsy and tons of blood work. Upon the trans vag ultrasound, they confirmed tumors on both left and right ovaries and found masses in my bladder and on my cervix. Nothing is set other than it has spread and if I do no not act now I may not have a chance. I have an mri scheduled for Tuesday and surgery scheduled on Friday morning. It is what it is, cheers!

Edited to say, this "journey" didn't happen overnight, it took well over a month to get two straight answers. Friday was my bad day, tomorrow might be a better one.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an awesome attitude ! Prayers for you :flowerforyou:
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Praying for you
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Prayers go out to you and your family
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    sorry hun, all the best. god bless xx
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you, April. Now go out there and FIGHT!! Fight like you have never fought before!! :heart:
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    KICK. CANCER'S. *kitten*!!!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    God bless you and yours. You are in my prayers. The power of your message will help many struggling with their own issues and I thank you for the reality check given to us all.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry about your diagnose. I admire your good attitude! Best of luck to you!!
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about that diagnosis. It sounds extremely serious. I hope you rise above it and live long and happily.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    http://www.cancercenter.com/

I know several people who have been successfully treated at Cancer Center of America. Some that I know we're in stage 4 and were given no hope by their diagnosing doctor. They use a complete approach, with medications, diet, etc. worth a call for sure!

Hugs and prayers for you and your loved ones. I have seen MANY miracles in my over 20 years of nursing and you, my dear, have the right attitude to whip cancers butt!!!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to read this. I am recovering from an ED and reading this truly helps me and makes me see the importance of treating my body healthfully even when my brain says no. Best wishes. :heart:
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sending you strength to get through all you have ahead of you.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you are oing once your surgery is done. Sending you hopes and prayers and hugs.