30 Day Shred verus Insanity

Options
I just looking for someone that has done both 30 Day Shred and Insanity. I currently do a modified 30 day Shred. I actually ripped the DVD onto my computer and edited the videos so that I created a new workout that puts Level 3, 2, and 1 back to back. I left the warm up at the beginning and the cool-down at the end, but I do levels 3-2-1 back to back in one workout. I am getting a little bored with it and I am wondering if anyone has done insanity after doing 30 day shred and what they thought about it. I am also thinking about it since my schedule has dramatically changed lately such that I can't fit in the full 3-2-1 workout into my day. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies

• michelle29714
    Options
    Is that the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? If so I have heard alot of people including my sister who has complained that it was getting boring....I did the Biggest Loswer cardio and Sculpting dvd's and got bored as well. I am doing P90X now and I am never bored, never easy, and always challenging. P90X is changing my life, one play button at a time!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Insanity is way more intense and high impact then 30 Day Shred, IMO. Something more comparable to Shred but still a step up in intensity would be P90X. I did a mix of P90X and Insanity a couple months ago and loved it. Either way, you would be getting a more intense workout, which is a good thing for some people but not so good if you aren't ready for that intensity.
  • jjhartley
    Options
    I was only thinking of Insanity over P90X because I would rather not have to do the all the weights and pull up bar. I like the intensity of my modified back to back 30 Day Shred 3-2-1, I was just getting bored of it.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Insanity is way more intense and high impact then 30 Day Shred, IMO. Something more comparable to Shred but still a step up in intensity would be P90X. I did a mix of P90X and Insanity a couple months ago and loved it. Either way, you would be getting a more intense workout, which is a good thing for some people but not so good if you aren't ready for that intensity.
    @TrainingwithTony... I totally agree... I personally find the 30 Day Shred too easy (don't get me wrong, its a good workout, but it's much more "beginner" and very low intensity), but I usually only do it when I need a quick workout and I'm really pressed for time (such as today, we have it burned here at work and I do it on my lunch hour). Insanity is just that... INSANE... and my heartrate gets really cranking when I do these videos and I sweat like a piglet. And I still can't do a lot of the exercises from Insanity, I probably never will, but it's the best to challenge you.

I would definitely try Insanity though, most P90 videos are close to an hour, plus you have to do Ab Ripper (that I love!) but if you're pressed for time, Insanity should be great for you. :)
  • jjhartley
    Options
    That's pretty much why I was thinking of doing it, I need something that is hard and fast. With the Shred, I am doing most all of the "harder" versions of the moves on all levels and then when I do the back to back workouts, I add in weights when she doesn't have any. Mainly looking for something to shake things up. I have also tried "interval x" from the P90x Plus series which I like. It sounds like the Insanity is very similar to that.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred, and moved on to Turbo Jam, and now I'm doing Turbo Fire... AND LOVE IT!!
  • jjhartley
    Options
    I got lucky and it turns out my gym has a set of Insanity DVDs that they let you check out. I am now on day 1. I will see how it goes from here.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity would be great! There are some people who think P90X is harder than Insanity and vice versa. Hope you like it. It is intense!