CRUNCH-N-PLANK!

Options

Replies

• MOM4CHRIST
    Options
    I am on a roll today! 100 crunches and 3 30 sec planks. That takes me to 190 crunches and 3 min planks. I plan to fit in a few more planks to catch up to the 9 min I should be at.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I did 66 crunches (3 sets of 11 per side) and 3 mins of planks (1 min straight; 30 sec/side; 1 min straight)
    Totals so far = 133 crunches & 6 mins planks.....and I can totally feely it in my abs!!

I'd love to get a tip on how to add the ticker factory tickers to my signature...I tried a couple of times, but none of the descriptions came through, only the ticker tape....can anyone help? Thanks!!

After you create your ticker you want to cut and paste both lines and place it in your signature block. I believe you have 3 choicces of codes, chose the one that says blogs.

After boxing afternoon, I completed 2 mins planks. 1min straight, 15secs on each side, then another 30 straight. I will do crunches later this afternoon. I think I might try to get some more time in for planks also.

Planks: 4 mins: 86 mins remaining
  • jesse14472
    Options
    8 sets of 20 various crunches = 160. So 180+160 = 340 crunches
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    9-1-10 OK, so 100 crunches and one 1-minute plank. And what made the plank suck even more was that my Lhasa Apso was hopping on top of my back with her front paws. Thanks, puppy love. :indifferent:

Tonight, did 100 crunches and thee 1-minute plans. Oohhh those planks are the devil!
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did 66 crunches (3 sets of 11 per side) and 3 mins of planks (1 min straight; 30 sec/side; 1 min straight)
    Totals so far = 133 crunches & 6 mins planks.....and I can totally feely it in my abs!!

I'd love to get a tip on how to add the ticker factory tickers to my signature...I tried a couple of times, but none of the descriptions came through, only the ticker tape....can anyone help? Thanks!!

After you create your ticker you want to cut and paste both lines and place it in your signature block. I believe you have 3 choicces of codes, chose the one that says blogs.

After boxing afternoon, I completed 2 mins planks. 1min straight, 15secs on each side, then another 30 straight. I will do crunches later this afternoon. I think I might try to get some more time in for planks also.

Planks: 4 mins: 86 mins remaining

Thanks for the tickerfactory tip....I think I've got it now :o)
  • teetee1281
    Options
    30 reg crunches
    25*2 side crunches
    15 reg
    50 bicycle crunches

Planks:
    30*2 straight
    30*2 side

Planks
    6 mins done: 84 remaining
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    250 crunches and 7min of planks so far :)

I'm out of town for the weekend so I'm doing what I can while we're not busy running everywhere, I'll be home Mon or Tues and will be back on track then :) Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Posting so I can easily find this! I'm in! :D

Updated: 50 crunches, 25 v-ups right side, 25 v-ups left side. 1 minute plank on forearms, 1 minute plank with dips on right and 1 minute plank with dips on left side. Woot!!
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Only added 60 crunches today. Hiked for 2 1/2 hrs today, with lots of it uphill. Couldn't convince myself to do more.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I realized I am a little behind in my planks, so I completed some early today and plan to do more later this evening. Also, I want to make sure I have enough in to make up for the days that I will be traveling. My flight back home is 16 hours. I don't think I will get much of anything in on my 2 traveling days.
    So far for today I did:
    50 reg crunches
    25*2 side obliques
    25*2 reg crunches
    10*2 obliques
    5*2 obliques

Then planks:
    30 *2 straight
    30 *2 sides

8 mins completed: 82 remaining
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've been up dating my planks and crunches in my signature. Need to do more crunches....just dont feel like it!
  • ThatGirl_1968
    Options
    Those planks are KILLERS! I can get my crunches in, but I hate those planks!! I always seem to put them off and am now falling behind. My new strategy is to do 1:30 straight planks in the morning and another 1:30 at night.....we'll see how it goes.....
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps! I haven't posted here in a while, sorry for being so lame! Sounds like everyone is doing great - SO proud of you all! I know it's tough, ESPECIALLY the planks (you can thanks Sarah for that BTW - just sayin' :wink: ) Just do what you can do. Your endurance will build up fast.

I worked up schedules for myself to get more than enough of all the moves in for the month - I'd be happy to share if you need ideas. Just shoot me your email in a message.

I love seeing everyone's progress - thanks again for joining in!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm officially at 500/2000 situps/crunches and 12/90 planks :) Woot Woot!!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I thought I'd tell everyone that so far, nada! Not a dang thing! I am a loser and I know it, but, I plan to go home and kick it in the *kitten* today! I don't know if I'll reach the total goal of 2000 situps/crunches and 90 min of plank, but I will get as close to that as I possibly can! I don't know what was wrong with me last week weather it was stress or depression, but everyday I'd look at my schedule for my workout as I crossed off my completed workout for the day and think "I need to get my Sep Challenge going" but nothing would come of it. I started today thinking I just need to do it and not complain! So once I'm home from work and in my workout clothes my goal is to have at least done 50 crunches and 2 min of plank, doesn't have to all be before my workout, just so long as I do it! I need some help with motivation though, k? I'm just really down in the dumbs today.... Hope you all understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for any help I can get.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    so i have been doing the plank challenge since day 2 - did 9/1 and 9/2 on my first day and i have to say i thought it would be getting easier by day 7 (6 for me) but seriously, lol i am still shaking when i do the dble days BUTTTTTTTTTT i'm doing them....

yesterday i set the timer for 45 then 30 then 15 twice and it kept beeping and my kids were like Mommmyyyyy why does the timer keep going off???? i was like, i'm doingggggggggggggg my exercisesssssssssssssssssss, grunt, grunt, pant, pant, leave me aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, grunt, grunt, pant, pant. LOL....

friday night i did them on the playroom floor and my NAKED 3yr old daughter (she was heading to the tub) joined me...it was easy peasy for her little 30lb *kitten* to hold herself up there....i called my husband in to see and we were laughing our *kitten* off at her doing her exercises....she tried to do pushups do with some coaching LOL...it was very sweet....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    think it is tooo late for me to get the 2000 crunches done in the next 24 days???? it would only be 84ish crunches a day from now until the end of the month....i could totally do that couldnt i??????

i am doing the plank portion and am current thru yesterday on that one but i didn't see this thread with the crunches part until today???

tell me i can do it and i'll add it to my fitness "repertoire" lol
  • ThatGirl_1968
    Options
    think it is tooo late for me to get the 2000 crunches done in the next 24 days???? it would only be 84ish crunches a day from now until the end of the month....i could totally do that couldnt i??????

i am doing the plank portion and am current thru yesterday on that one but i didn't see this thread with the crunches part until today???

tell me i can do it and i'll add it to my fitness "repertoire" lol

YOU CAN DO IT!!.....you don't have to do them all at once. Last year I was part of a 100 crunch per day challenge and found that I could do it easier if I broke it up.....I got to the point of doing 50 in the morning and 50 at night.
    That being said that was last year! lol....These planks are freaking killing me!! I think a big part of it is because I'm just there holding a pose trying not to look at the clock....at least with the crunches I'm moving and counting....not just holding still (except for the shaking of my core!!) lol
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I totally slacked off this past weekend. I owe 2 minutes of plank from Saturday, and 3 minutes each from Sunday, Monday and today! That's 11 minutes of plank I need to do tonight! Going to be brutal! And I owe 70 crunches each from Sunday, Monday and today, for a total of 210 crunches to do today. It's not going to be fun, but I can't get anymore behind! Congrats to everyone elses accomplishments and good luck!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    anyone get a "ringing" or plugged up feeling in their ears after doing the plank or alot of crunches???? i noticed it a few days ago after i started the planks and just now when i did the plank and then the crunches in my office (yes i know i'm supposed to be working) my ears feel plugged??????

my husband said something about fluid in my ears being disrupted by the pressure/strain of me holding the pose????

anyone else with similar issue???