I just want this to work !!

Options
Okay so I've asked a few times but, now that I'm eating better and watching calories and sugar and carbs I'm lucky if I hit 1200 a day. MFP says to eat 1680 daily. With exercise and eating healthier I can never get my 1680. Unless I eat a bunch of crap. Currently my report for the week says my net calories was under by like 4400. I want to do whatever I can so any help appreciated !!

Replies

• minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Look for more calorically dense food - olive/coconut oil. avocado, nut butter, red meat, full fat dairy, to get you to your goal.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    2 things come to mind. I'm guessing your definition of "crap" is skewed since you seem focused on calories and carbs. As well as the question, how did you end up at 276 lbs if you can't eat 1680 daily?
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so it's a bit trickier to help. But in general with low-carb diets if your calorie count is going too low:

Are you eating nuts and seeds as part of your snacks for the healthy fats and minerals?

Are you getting whole grains with your meals? Not all carbs are bad. Small amounts (1/2 cup of quinoa/brown rice/buckwheat/barley etc) will help, especially to make sure you don't become carb-resistant in the future, and they're packed with B vitamins and fibre, which can be a bit of an issue if you're low-carbing.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2 things come to mind. I'm guessing your definition of "crap" is skewed since you seem focused on calories and carbs. As well as the question, how did you end up at 276 lbs if you can't eat 1680 daily?

First I don't really appreciate your ignorant way of replying. Obviously I got to the weight I did because I didn't eat healthy and I would snack here and there through the day then eat crap for dinner I.e pizza and subs and things like that.
    Second like I stated NOW that I'm eating errrr and healthier I'm not reaching my 1680 calorie goal.
    This is why I asked. Good enough?
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so it's a bit trickier to help. But in general with low-carb diets if your calorie count is going too low:

Are you eating nuts and seeds as part of your snacks for the healthy fats and minerals?

Are you getting whole grains with your meals? Not all carbs are bad. Small amounts (1/2 cup of quinoa/brown rice/buckwheat/barley etc) will help, especially to make sure you don't become carb-resistant in the future, and they're packed with B vitamins and fibre, which can be a bit of an issue if you're low-carbing.

No I hadn't been eating these items but I will add them in thank you =]
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

First I don't really appreciate your ignorant way of replying. Obviously I got to the weight I did because I didn't eat healthy and I would snack here and there through the day then eat crap for dinner I.e pizza and subs and things like that.
    Second like I stated NOW that I'm eating errrr and healthier I'm not reaching my 1680 calorie goal.

There's the problem. Pizza or subs are not "crap" by any means. Unless you have a medical reason to avoid those things don't. This will be much easier for you. Hit your calorie and nutritional goals by incorporating foods you like. Avoiding them is more likely to hamper your long term goals.

ETA: i wouldn't call my reply ignorant. I have successfully lost over 150 pounds and hit all my weight goals for over two years, eating what I want. What do I know. Good luck with your goals.
  • amy_1987
    amy_1987 Posts: 45
    Options
    Bananas, cheese, eggs (boiled, pancakes, omlettes) are my go tos for nutritional calories! Porridge is delicious and comforting too! I try to keep my carbs low from snacking as I typically consume so many with my meals that I'm not willing to give up - banana pancakes (no flour) and boiled eggs are great for this! Also greek yogurt.

Restriction habits have kept me away from the calorie dense foods I always see recommended like nuts etc.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Sensitive much? Don't bash people that know what they are doing. It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's hard to advise without seeing what your diary looks like at present.

At a guess I'd say perhaps you're trying to eat only low cal foods.

Go for full fat dairy, avocado, nuts, coconut oil, olive oil, oily fish, eggs (whole, not just whites), wholegrain pasta, brown rice, sweet potatoes etc. it shouldn't be difficult to get up to 1600 odd cals.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options

Sensitive much? Don't bash people that know what they are doing. It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.

No but everyone is ere to better themselves not to be judged. And I do exercise which brings my calories up another 500 or so a day on those days. Which is why I asked the question. I didn't ask it for people to be rude.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options

There's the problem. Pizza or subs are not "crap" by any means. Unless you have a medical reason to avoid those things don't. This will be much easier for you. Hit your calorie and nutritional goals by incorporating foods you like. Avoiding them is more likely to hamper your long term goals.

ETA: i wouldn't call my reply ignorant. I have successfully lost over 150 pounds and hit all my weight goals for over two years, eating what I want. What do I know. Good luck with your goals.

I'm not saying you don't know anything and you seem to have done great. But what I was trying to say is I needed some healthier foods to fit into my diet because I didn't want to eat the way I did before, nothing all day at work then a big crazy dinner or just really unhealthy. I still eat foods that I did in moderation but I'm not hitting my calorie goal. Which concerns me because I don't want it to stall my weightloss. On the days I go to the gym that's around 500 additional calories that ill never be able to reach.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    There is no one particular food that is 'crap'. Anything is bad if you have too much of it. Change that outlook and you will have more success at hitting your calorie goal.

Try cutting out all 'diet' versions of things; have full fat yogurts and milk, sugar rather than sweetener, and eat calorie dense food, like peanut butter, avocado, nuts, fattier meats, etc. A tablespoon of oil is around 100 cal. Hell, treat yourself to a chocolate bar every now and then. You should hit your calorie intake no problem.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.

noooooooooooooo

you will gain weight if you eat more calories than your body needs... you can lose weight without exercise if you are in a calorie deficit
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    I do eat things that aren't "great" for me.. I just don't want to eat these everyday to reach my goal.. i was just looking for tips on things high in calories without going back to eating the greasy things all the time.. Subs, pizza, frozen foods.. Im not saying never to eat these im just looking for tips for substitutes to get my calories up what im so far below what i should be at..

Thanks everyone for the different ideas !!! =)
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat you will still gain weight if you don't exercise.

noooooooooooooo

you will gain weight if you eat more calories than your body needs... you can lose weight without exercise if you are in a calorie deficit

I don't know where she got the not exercising things from, I do and that adds to my problem of not hitting my calorie goals. =)
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    There is no one particular food that is 'crap'. Anything is bad if you have too much of it. Change that outlook and you will have more success at hitting your calorie goal.

Try cutting out all 'diet' versions of things; have full fat yogurts and milk, sugar rather than sweetener, and eat calorie dense food, like peanut butter, avocado, nuts, fattier meats, etc. A tablespoon of oil is around 100 cal. Hell, treat yourself to a chocolate bar every now and then. You should hit your calorie intake no problem.

I just meant i broke the bad habit of ordering out a lot and eating too much of things that weren't great for me.. so im just looking for some healthier ideas instead of the take out items all the time to get my calories up.. Thanks for your tips.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole

This would do it lol =)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

No but everyone is ere to better themselves not to be judged. And I do exercise which brings my calories up another 500 or so a day on those days. Which is why I asked the question. I didn't ask it for people to be rude.

I'd rather have someone be rude and give me great advice, than to coddle me and tell me nothing worthy. That said, his reply wasn't rude. Take the advice for what it is... good advice. There's a lot of it to be had on the forums here. Great advice and good people that give it out. He's one of 'em.
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Options

I'd rather have someone be rude and give me great advice, than to coddle me and tell me nothing worthy. That said, his reply wasn't rude. Take the advice for what it is... good advice. There's a lot of it to be had on the forums here. Great advice and good people that give it out. He's one of 'em.

I took his comment as being rude. obviously before i was trying to take better care of myself i did eat extreme amounts of calories and i did get up to 276. i don't need to be told that obviously i can eat and get fat. I said im
    NOW having issues with hitting my calorie goal. Obviously i'm here trying to better myself and looking for motivation and advice. I replied to his last post and was i rude or ignorant.. no.

If your not here to help then why comment ?