SO HAPPY, I CRIED

Options

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Congrats, this really is excellent news!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job - and to working towards a healthier you.

As for the no food this month - do you have a food bank near you? They might be able to help you out with some basics until payday. Food banks aren't as well advertised in the UK - but they do exist.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Congrats on things looking up :)
    Also I read this whole thread in a British accent. :laugh:
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    great job!! happy for you, keep up the awesome work
  • vampchicx6x
    Options
    Excellent well done you, you should be very proud of yourself!
    As for not eating properly until you get paid, try to go to the supermarket after 5pm because a lot of food is reduced so you might get a cracking meal for only half the price or less.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great news!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm always excited to hear happy news, even from strangers. You have a great attitude and I hope you carry it with you through your career. Congratulations and have fun! :drinker:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    heres the thing.....

first off congrats on getting to where you are. but there is no way youd appreciate it without having been where you were. it makes it that much sweeter.

just dont be content.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Good for you, it's so nice to see someone determined to overcome a bad start! One thing to remember (and I speak from personal experience) when you've been at the bottom, you need never fear going there again as you know you can climb out whatever happens. Congratulations on achieving all the things you have fought for and good luck with your better life from now on! I found your post inspiring so thank you for making my day :bigsmile:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! I love when good things happen to good people who work their @$$es off. Like someone else said, don't ever be content. Always reach higher! You are amazing. Congrats <3
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Congrats!

I wish I could use the word "dodgey". However without a British type of accent it just sounds idiotic :(

:laugh: This right here...:laugh:
  • H1L5
    H1L5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Very glad for you. Nice to get a good luck story. I'll look out for you posting that you've lost your first pound next month after pay day. :-))))))))) Very big smile.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!!!!!
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful news :) I know how it feels to have amazing things like this happen that you just know are going to change your life.

It sounds like you really deserve this sweetheart, and I hope you take this opportunity with both hands and enjoy the hell out of it!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It is just great to hear of someone your age getting on with their life and being truly grateful for the opportunity to support yourself - well done you and I wish you every success with your new job and future prospects :flowerforyou:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That is so great. Well done. Your boss obviously noticed how hard you were working, what a great attitude you have and what a huge asset you will be in your job.
    Enjoy your future, you deserve it :drinker:

PS you have a lovely smile
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, apprenticeships like that are a great way to start, I started off on one similar.

Also, ring the debt companies explain the situation, they'll normally try and come to some arrangement, don't bury your head in the sand (I've done that as well).
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That's wonderful!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My parents were in your position and for awhile so were my hubby and I, so I know what it means to you. You should be very proud of yourself for achieving this. a great big Congratulations.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl! Congrats!