Unconditional Support Group

Options

Replies

• buggaboo73
    Options
    Cool!

OK So now we have a little group.......what the heck do we do now?

Should we have weigh ins and goals or whatever......or should we just hang out and BS?

:wink:
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    I can appreciate this kind of group! Count me in - especially if there 2 buck chuck at the potluck :drinker:

Yes! Lots of wine.....wine by the botte -- er I mean the box-full LOL
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Have you ever heard of intuitive eating? It's all about learning to listen to your body, it's based on the premise that we are all hardwired to intuitively know what our bodies need. It didn't work out for me, but maybe it would for you.

Intuitive eating happens for me once a month when I can't keep my hands off of chocolate. ;)

OMG Me too, first my body tells me I need chocolate.....then cheetos.....LOL.

I have this big marketing idea, I swear one day I'm going to pitch it to the tampon people.....I really think they should package M&M's and "feminine products" together. And they can do it up with a nice variety......tampax with peanut m&m's.......always with dove bars.....and the salty and sweet packs too.......OB packaged with cheetos and a butterfinger.....

:laugh:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    LOL! When I worked at a drug store and women would come up to the register I would ask them if they needed the M&M's too! If they declined I would tell them that they were "more woman than I" .

Pssst.... Better Oats makes an oatmeal in a chocolate flavor... 160 cals.

Are we having white boxed, pink boxed wine, or red boxed wine?..... you get more in the white or pink boxes..... just tryin to help!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Well now......THAT is a tough question! I like the Franzia chillable red but since we are an unconditional support group I suppose we can all still be friends even if you guys like white or pink!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i am delighted to find this group and wish everyone here the best of luck!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well after a few days of camping/riding my horse I"m happy to say I did NOT gain weight even though I had beer every single day!
    I will not be drinking beer again until my next camping trip. I love beer and cannot lose wt if I drink it as often as I"d like. Anyway just saying its time to get back on track of eating healthier. My goal for right now is to follow the eat clean diet, cooler 1 plan (by Tosca Reno). Its only for 2 weeks, Its very strict but it works getting me back on the healthier eating journey. Even though I didn't gain wt I have that blah, puffy feeling!~ Gotta hit the grocery when I get off work today. Life is good!
  • profjan6
    Options
    Would love to be part of this group! Sometimes (most times) the judging and the "my diet is better than your diet" attitude is difficult to take. It is good to be able to just discuss things, post comments, and get some ideas from online pals! Count me in!
  • Chikorita
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I like this idea too. I'm new here (day 3) and not sure what a 'group' on MFP means. Is it when you all become 'friends' and encourage each other through status updates and comments?
    BTW, I welcome any friend requests but I'm not sure what the protocol is. Any advice re friending appreciated.
  • stephlewis
    Options
    Cool!

Should we have weigh ins and goals or whatever......or should we just hang out and BS?

ummm... all of the above? lol. I don't have a set weigh-in day. In fact, I haven't weighed myself in over a month. I can just tell my pants fit better and looser. Guess I can hop on over to my friends & weigh myself tomorrow! Wednesday weigh-ins?? Easy to remember that day... cuz we want to lose our humps---and it starts w/ a W. Though really, I'm up for anything.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options

The thing that got me interested in starting this group was the suspicion that there are a lot of lurkers out there like us, who don't post a lot because it's something like walking through mine field.....but who still need support.

I was a lurker! I want to be in a positive group! I want to be supportive and supported!

Hi everyone :happy:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    So did everyone in the US survive the long weekend? Do anything special?

I know I messed up on Saturday. Took the bf out to dinner to celebrate his promotion and he chose to go to Olive Garden. We never go to Olive Garden! They were out of the salmon.... I over did it on cals and I didn't even eat half my dinner or drink half my glass of wine. Felt like poo the next day.

His friends hijacked us on Sunday and took us out, but I did ok since I had gone walking earlier in the day, and did more walking on the boardwalk that night. We ended up going to 2 different places for dinner. We all wanted clams so we went to the place on the boardwalk that does seafood....they were out of clams. Ok, how bout oysters?.... out of those too. Well damn. We went off to the steak house for prime rib.... damn it! All they had was well done. They ended up having NY Strip steaks, I had the fish n chips, but I took the breading off the fish and let the guys have the fries. They so kindley let me have all the salads! lol

Monday was just a laid back slug day. Gotta have them once in a while.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Well now......THAT is a tough question! I like the Franzia chillable red but since we are an unconditional support group I suppose we can all still be friends even if you guys like white or pink!

Cheap and tasty is all I care about! LOL

And Connie, you and I are like this <fingers to eyes> on the beer. I <3 beer.

How's all the sexy supporters out there doing? And no, I'm not talking about our lingerie. Everyone feeling good and happy?
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, USGers! Just have a min to say hi - hope you all are doing well!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Well after a few days of camping/riding my horse I"m happy to say I did NOT gain weight even though I had beer every single day!
    I will not be drinking beer again until my next camping trip. I love beer and cannot lose wt if I drink it as often as I"d like. Anyway just saying its time to get back on track of eating healthier. My goal for right now is to follow the eat clean diet, cooler 1 plan (by Tosca Reno). Its only for 2 weeks, Its very strict but it works getting me back on the healthier eating journey. Even though I didn't gain wt I have that blah, puffy feeling!~ Gotta hit the grocery when I get off work today. Life is good!

Cool.....I love camping! Our season is ending, kids back in school etc. but we had a good run.

I'll have to check out the Tosca Reno thing, my husband and I have been seperated for the past year and are kind of toying with the idea of entering counselling and doing some rekindling to see if we can make it work again. We've been together over 20 years and have 2 kids together so it would be nice if we could get our.....er.....poop in a group as they say. Anyway as a result of that we're going to spend a long weekend in Maine on the ocean in a few weeks and I'd really like to drop 10 by then.....maybe this would help!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Would love to be part of this group! Sometimes (most times) the judging and the "my diet is better than your diet" attitude is difficult to take. It is good to be able to just discuss things, post comments, and get some ideas from online pals! Count me in!

Welcome! Beer, wine or sparking juice? :drinker:
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I like this idea too. I'm new here (day 3) and not sure what a 'group' on MFP means. Is it when you all become 'friends' and encourage each other through status updates and comments?
    BTW, I welcome any friend requests but I'm not sure what the protocol is. Any advice re friending appreciated.

Hmmm, well since we seem to be the official "type B...anything goes" group I would say our protocol is pretty easy. :wink: Some groups on here just support and hang out, others are more organized and do weight ins etc.. We're still forming so you can grow with us. As for friend requests I normally friend someone if I like something they wrote in a forum, etc. and just take it from there.

Welcome!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Cool!

ummm... all of the above? lol. I don't have a set weigh-in day. In fact, I haven't weighed myself in over a month. I can just tell my pants fit better and looser. Guess I can hop on over to my friends & weigh myself tomorrow! Wednesday weigh-ins?? Easy to remember that day... cuz we want to lose our humps---and it starts w/ a W. Though really, I'm up for anything.

Hump Day Weigh Ins sound good to me! It's TOM here and my weigh in this morning reflected that.....not down anything!
  • buggaboo73
    Options

The thing that got me interested in starting this group was the suspicion that there are a lot of lurkers out there like us, who don't post a lot because it's something like walking through mine field.....but who still need support.

I was a lurker! I want to be in a positive group! I want to be supportive and supported!

Hi everyone :happy:

Well you're not a lurker anymore! You are in a positive group! You are supporive and supported! LOL.....Welcome!