So, you think you've failed? The 3000 calorie days.

PUBLIC SHAME: Yesterday, I lay around all day eating rubbish food and watching bad television. I've left my diary, all 3,000 calories of it, wide open to the public.

BECAUSE: I know I'm not the only one - and I don't want anyone else to think they are either.

THE (HOPEFULLY) HELPFUL PART: I'm at my goal weight, fit and happy, and have been maintaining for years - not because I don't screw up, but because I don't give up.

BETTER SAID: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Replies

• operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    i want what you ate... nom nom nom
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    :) I LOVE the honesty!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Thank you for being honest and letting us know we aren't the only ones out there :)
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    The honesty is refreshing, but hey, if you aren't honest, youre only cheating yourself. One look at my food diaries tells you why I gained 50 pounds....started work at a place with donuts! If I can cut those out, I can stop ballooning...I hope.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    I had 3000 calories on sat and gained 3lbs (water weight) not that I care or anything since its just water.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    *slow applause*

Those waffle cookies sound freakin' amazing, by the way. This also makes me feel WORLDS better about my weekend. <3 Thank you.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Thanks!! I needed that.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Love this post! :)
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    I just got back from having lunch at Arby's - was crying and beating myself up when I read your post. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Love the Michael Jordan quote! I try and think that it's one step at a time - one meal, one day at a time. I have the rest of day to fix what I did for lunch - or not (it was quite yummy) if that's what I choose. Anyway, it's nice to see "real" people eating "real" things vs. a lot of people who only eat things like tofu and sprouts and judge you for eating icecream for dinner. :-)
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    No, you're right, you're not the only one - I did it as well :D
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    I want Twizzlers now even though I am more of a red vines type. I had a horrible Saturday. I didn't even log it. First time in 75 days where I was so bad I didn't even log it. Lets just say cupcakes were involved. 3. Plus some other crap. I spent Sunday paying for it. My stomach still hurts. Good for you for logging it! You go girl!
  • junkinmatrunk
    junkinmatrunk Posts: 2 Member
    The only way to stay accountable is to log everything even the bad food decisions! I had 2 weeks of bad eating about 4 weeks ago but within a week and half of getting back on track, i lost another 4 lbs. This is a life journey not a sprint. Forgive yourself and move on!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    How much did it say you would weigh in 5 weeks if ate like that everyday.? It is nice to take a binge day every once in a while and sounded yummy!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Great post! Thanks!
    I averaged 2000/day this week end, but i just logged in and moved on. Today is a new day!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    I just got back from having lunch at Arby's - was crying and beating myself up when I read your post. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

And now I want Arby's. Haha totally my weakness. But I agree. It is nice to know that I can screw up and still keep going, as for the last several years I thought screwing up meant being a screw up forever.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Wow, there must be something in the air. I just wrote a blog post similar to this and what I've recently went through....even used the same quote. I guess the Universe really wanted this to be said. Awesome, thank you for posting this.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    We ALL have screw up days. NO ONE is immune. Some of us just need to work harder on not throwing our hands up in the air and saying I'm just not logging this. ( <-- ) Well done, OP.
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Im on my third day of eating over 3000 cals.

I always get back on track and i find logging it helps me to move forward and make healthy choices the next day. Tomorrow will be better haha!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    We are not failures, yay! You only fail when you stop trying and working for what you want.
  • drliso
    drliso Posts: 7
    I want Twizzlers now even though I am more of a red vines type. I had a horrible Saturday. I didn't even log it. First time in 75 days where I was so bad I didn't even log it. Lets just say cupcakes were involved. 3. Plus some other crap. I spent Sunday paying for it. My stomach still hurts. Good for you for logging it! You go girl!

I had three cupcakes yesterday too! :tongue: