What song(s) do you absolutely hate?

Options
saschka7
saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
I invariably find that amongst other peoples' most hated song lists, there are songs that I love but had forgotten all about.

Personally, I absolutely hate "Mr. Bojangles" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung.

What's yours?

Replies

• saschka7
    Options
    ...and anything by Katy Perry, just on principle.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Every song I hate eventually makes it on to my playlist because I just end up hearing it so much I learn to love it
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I hate all of today's mainstream hits that are being played on the radio. I also hate "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A Lot.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    heart attack by demi lovato. ridiculous.

you're so vain by carly simon. duh.
  • saschka7
    Options
    "Beast of Burden" by The Rolling Stones
    "Oh Daddy" - Adrian Belew
    "Kung Fu Fighting" by whoever did it
    "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    There are a few but the one that seems to get me the most disbelief is I heard it on the grapevine.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my humps - black eyed peas. damn that song to the depths of hell...
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I invariably find that amongst other peoples' most hated song lists, there are songs that I love but had forgotten all about.

Personally, I absolutely hate "Mr. Bojangles" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung.

What's yours?

Haha, very true, usually. It has to be popular and get played a lot before anyone can hate it. Your hateds are coming up on my hateds so far, though! How about:

Crazy frog Beverley Hills Cop thing.
    Fly on the Wall Hannah Montana girl

My son just made me listen to a song called "Song of a German Mother" for his English homework. Most depressing thing ever, thanks for the nightmares, English teacher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVHXqdqlis

And a favourite courtesy of my daughter's music class: Florence Jenkins!!!!! I bow to da awesomeness. An da kittehs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtf2Q4yyuJ0
  • saschka7
    Options
    my humps - black eyed peas. damn that song to the depths of hell...

Oh, God...I had forgotten about that one! Wretched song! :noway:
  • saschka7
    Options
    heart attack by demi lovato. ridiculous.

you're so vain by carly simon. duh.

I don' think I've actually heard "Heart Attack" but I know it sure gets represented on my satellite radio...I'm always skipping over it! :laugh:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    someone left my cake out in the rain.

I mean seriously! it's a $#@% cake. stop whining!
  • 1pinkpistol
    Options
    anything rascal flatts and that STUPID wagon wheel song
  • saschka7
    Options
    I hate all of today's mainstream hits that are being played on the radio. I also hate "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A Lot.

Awww...I actually like "Baby Got Back" for some stupid reason...except for the one time when it was played at my cousin's wedding reception and I was standing with my VERY straight-laced conservative parents. I was horribly uncomfortable because of the lyrics then realized they probably couldn't make out any of the words anyway. :laugh:
  • saschka7
    Options
    anything rascal flatts and that STUPID wagon wheel song

I'm not familiar with the wagon wheel song--wait is it by Darius Rucker? Haven't actually heard it though. And that guy's voice from Rascal Flatts makes me want to throw something, no matter what the song is.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    So sick of love songs

srs
  • saschka7
    Options
    someone left my cake out in the rain.

I mean seriously! it's a $#@% cake. stop whining!

Arrgghh! MacArthur Park! I love that song just because it is the stupidest song ever written or performed. Although I like the original version by Richard Harris (Go Professor Dumbledore!) over the Donna Summer version. I always thought that song had lovely music and would have been loads better if it had been sung in another language so all us English speakers could have been spared the dumb lyrics.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Don't really like trance/dance music or music mainly made by computer, i prefer the REAL DEAL!

Try Vocal Trance
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Islands In The Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
    Almost Paradise - Ann Wilson & Mike Reno
    (You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka
    anything by Barry Manilow or Air Supply
    My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
    there are many others but I just woke up and the brain isn't at 100% yet. I don't think it ever is but that's another story.

edit: I forgot about MacArthur Park. what a turd.
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't really like trance/dance music or music mainly made by computer, i prefer the REAL DEAL!

all music is computer driven. its recorded and edited on computers. and all dance music is arranged by a human. just because someone can hit play on a mcabook doesnt mean the macbook makes it up right then and there. it takes days to put together one song. let alone and hour or two worth of live show.
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm an assistant English teacher in Japan, so the songs I hate are children's songs. Especially "I am a music man". Damn that song to the deepest abyss of hell. It gets stuck in my head for weeks. I wake up singing it, I sing it on my bike to work. ARGGG!