5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump because I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall and a half. I have more of a goal body fat rather than a specific weight. my current body fat is around 25 and a half percent and I'd like to lose 3 to 4 percent of that. you can see recent pic of me and my profile pics.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". My goal weight is 155. I am about 5 pounds from that now.

At my heaviest I was 230 pounds.
  • whisperdoll
    Options
  • fatgetgetfit
    Options
    I am 5"6.5 and weight 180 currently, my goal is 150 because I have been there before and was relatively happy. However, this time I want to weigh 150 with a lot more muscle than I had previously.
    If anyone with similar stats would like to add me, please do.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and have maintained 129-130 over a year now. I started out in the mid 180's. I am 50.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my.goal weigh is 200... at that weight I'm not too big or small... it's actually perfect for me... it sits well with my frame...
  • treeman1010
    Options
    I weight in at 303 today I want to get to 195:noway:
  • ironjenn
    ironjenn Posts: 25
    Options
    5'5" / 140
  • LCD_80
    LCD_80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'5" and started out at 143lb, I set my goal to 129lb, which looks odd, but we work in stones (14lb) in the UK, so that was an aim of losing a stone.
    I used to be a track sprinter, so still have pretty heavily muscled thighs, so never going to skinny. In my fastest days, 6-days a week heavy training days I weighed about 126-130lb, so to get back there after 2 kids and a lot of cake would be great!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'5". I put my goal weight in as 147 because that's how much I weighed the last time I was the size I like and wore my goal jeans. But I never met that weight. I am the same measurements and wearing those jeans, but I weigh almost 10 lbs more. I still have 147 as my goal, but I don't know if I'll ever get there.

As long as I'm healthy and fit, and fit in those jeans, the scale number would just be icing on the cake.
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I suppose it always depends.... I am 5'10" and I always have felt my best/healthiest at 145lbs.
    I am now in my 160s and am not happy. Cloths not fitting right, getting tired way to easily. I am sort of lucky because due to my more square / athletic frame and long legs I can "hide" things pretty well.
    At 145lbs I still had some bodyfat, curves and love handles and generally wore a 7 size jeans comfortably.
    Also, I am not of a petite frame and always have done lots of sports (tennis, weights, martial arts). I am not just a "no muscle" kind of girl (leg press max was around 380lbs......) this is just to give you an idea.
    I don't like being super skinny. I like some curves and I like to feel strong and healthy. I hate dieting and hate being hungry (and so does my husband... he sais I am no fun to be around when I am hungry). At 145lbs I never had to "worry" or constantly police myself. At 140lbs.... it would be a constant fight to stay there so I figured that's where I need to draw the line for day-to-day life.
    So I am not sure what to tell you about what might be good for you. So many factor determine that. Body frame/build, muscles, bone density etc. Thinking of 150lbs for your height however I feel is quite high. At least would be for me. Get to it and see how comfortabe you are, how your body feels and how it supports activities you want to engage in. Also how difficult it is to stay there. Sometimes it helps to get to a weight, stay there to have your body "normalize" for a couple months then work on it some more if you like. That should allow you to listen to your body and gage what is right for you.

Generally, I am not too much a fan of "official numbers" unless you are talking about total extremes to give people wake up calls (i.e. you want to be 90lbs..... aeeehhhhhe prob not within healthy range)

I hope that helps...
  • depresseddancer
    depresseddancer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently weighing in at about 154 - 158lb. Most people my height would look ok at my weight, but my background (part Indian, very thinly boned) means I look really chubby.

My ideal would be 140, but realistically I know that 147lb is where my body is stable, my clothes fit, and I can maintain the weight, as long as I quit the everyday cakes/sweeties/chocolate/crisps obsession, and have them as occasional treats.

The other thing I'm finding is that muscle really does change things. When I lose inches my weight sometimes goes up. Weird, but it seems muscle really does weigh more than fat, especially as someone going from a disability that kept her sofa bound for a decade, to finally being able to exercise.

Hope that ramble helps a bit, everyone is different!
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dang girl! Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!
  • healthy_momof3
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 125 currently. I'd like to get down to 120 but I'm not sure if that is realistic. I think recomposition is what I need to focus on.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 6 and I've set my goal as 130 lbs (currently 142.8 lbs) but I think that I'll probably ultimately go down to 125-120 lbs because I have a small frame. Just going to see how I feel when I get there. :)
  • SynthStars
    SynthStars Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and at my heaviest I was 261lb, I started my weightloss journey at 255.6lb - I am current 196.6 (as of this morning) and I hope to get down to between 140 and 147lb (between 10st and 10st7lb). I don't remember being at that weight however, so it's just a figure I like the sound of, and that I think is achievable.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 154, down from 220 after baby no. 2. I was 147 ten years ago so I'd like to get back to that, although all my old clothes from then fit me now. I didn't do any weight/strength training back then.
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am somewhere between 5'5 and 5'6. 145 is my goal weight, but I am 148 now and I feel great and think I look athletic. A few years ago, I got down to 144(but I wasn't as fit) and people were telling me to stop losing weight, so realistically I shoot for between145 and 150.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I never know. I set my goal at 125lbs (I'm 5'4") but my husband thinks that is too thin. IDK. The smallest I ever was was 150lbs but I was so screwed up about how I looked I didn't realize how small I was.
  • gawx
    gawx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    im aiming for 140 x