30 Day Shred starting 18th of July

Options

Replies

• whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    Just did day 1 now im onto day 2 tommorow :)
  • colleensmommy1
    Options
    I'm on day 7, I struggle with the first set of cardio, the jumping jacks and jump rope combo gets me. I do the final cardio series ok. Thanks for the extra motivation
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I started it today, then I bailed. I CANNOT do jumping jacks, I had knee surgery in February and can't jump yet, the impact is too much and my knee buckles (I'm working on that at the gym...). Does anyone have a good replacement? I felt totally worthless just waving my arms and want to get the most out of this as possible. Thanks in advance!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7, I struggle with the first set of cardio, the jumping jacks and jump rope combo gets me. I do the final cardio series ok. Thanks for the extra motivation

Same here! I usually have to take a small break between those sets. They are killer on my thighs.

Today I started adding my 3lb weights to the 3rd circuit part of the punching.
  • Heath_Bar
    Heath_Bar Posts: 38
    Options
    I did L1D2 tonight. Back to back nights with weights so a big improvement for me! Feeling good about this.

So I started it today, then I bailed. I CANNOT do jumping jacks, I had knee surgery in February and can't jump yet, the impact is too much and my knee buckles (I'm working on that at the gym...). Does anyone have a good replacement? I felt totally worthless just waving my arms and want to get the most out of this as possible. Thanks in advance!
    Honestly I think there is a lot of jumping in level 1. Jacks, jump rope, butt kicks.... She mentions doing punches if you have a lower body injury. Make sure you have a very supportive brace and ice afterward.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For anyone considering NOT taking a rest day. My brother is a bodybuilder. He says you need a day rest so your body repairs itself. This is when the muscles get stronger. He also uses his rest day as his "cheat day". He's going to nationals for all natural bodybuilding, so I trust his word.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today. I failed :( I will be doing it again tomorrow and the next day and the next until I go through the whole thing!
  • Heath_Bar
    Heath_Bar Posts: 38
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today. I failed :( I will be doing it again tomorrow and the next day and the next until I go through the whole thing!
    If you at least got yourself moving then it wasn't a fail. :) Try again and see if you can go a little longer. You can do it!
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    I am going to start this again today. I did do it previously and really thought it worked. I have been going to exercise classes in the evenings but my partner is now working night shift so have no time to fit the gym in after work and looking after the kids.

This should hopefully fit into my evening after I get my youngest to bed. Good luck everyone and I will post tomorrow with how I got on.
  • amanda0jane
    Options
    Started this yesterday, must have worked some muscles because my stomach is a bit tender today. Hve to say it's a killer when you have been a bit lazy for quite some time.... The jumping jacks and skipping just about finished me off but I stuck with it. My exercise before this consisted of walking, which I enjoy and shifted a few pounds but it's not enough.
    Anyway enough chit chat, time to get busy with Jillian again.... :sad:
  • JennyJo23
    JennyJo23 Posts: 33
    Options
    i bought that DVD just haven't started yet..
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options

At least you tried! The very first time I did it about 6 years ago, I had to stop multiple times and then just gave up. I kept trying, though, and I can do level 1 without stopping now.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I did day 5 last night and almost got everything right. I still substituted some butt kicks for some of the jump rope section and had to stand up twice during the punches, but I can tell I AM getting stronger! Stick with it, take breaks when you need to, and push yourself to do a bit more today than you did yesterday.
  • filionj1
    filionj1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Will start tonight. Do I need weights to start?
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You can enter it as general circuit training - 20 min.

I had a sinus infection hit me over the weekend so I didn't start until yesterday. But for the first time with weights (3lbs) I made it all the way through. We'll see how tonight goes.

You are exactly where I am! I just got over a cold and am about to start with 3 lb. weights! Glad to know you made it through, my arms are so weak and I'm nervous!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I'm in. Will start tonight. Do I need weights to start?

yes but in the beginning I just grabbed some can from the pantry till I bought some
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Well I started my first day with 3lb weights and wow! Ouch all over...but in a good way. I'm excited to get back to it tonight and the next day and the next day. My whole body is slightly sore and I've gotten up to the end of level one, 9 days, and never been sore. The weights make a huge difference!

Good luck every one and keep going!
  • seearainbow
    seearainbow Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 today! So sore!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did day 6 today. I started transitioning from 3lb weights to 5lb weights for some of the exercises cause 3lbs were getting easy. Man were my arms and shoulders sore later,mbut it's worth it.

I'm also slowly working to get off of my knees during push-ups. I have little to no upper body strength, so push-ups are hard for me. It's getting better though.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Did L1D2 last night, second say with my new 3lb weights, and man am I feeling it. I was pouring sweat and felt it everywhere. I think that these weights are really going to give me some great results with this program. I'm excited but man oh man am I sore. Those side lunge arm raises at the end there are so hard to do, but I will do them and only get better :)

Hope you all are still going!!