NUTRISYSTEM FOODS FOR 400 POUNDERS

Options
2»

Replies

• wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It seems that you eat at buffets quite frequently. One thing I have found helpful is only allowing myself veggies on my first plate. I make a big garden salad. Most buffets usually have a pretty extensive salad bar so you can make some really yummy, health salads (as long as you don't load on the croutons, cheese, and heavy dressings - try to stick to the vinegrettes if possible, or I like to use salsa if they have it).. Salad has a lot of fiber for a low calorie count which will help fill you up. By the time I'm ready for more, I am not very hungry, so I just take very small amounts of other things that look good to me, that way I still get to try the things I want.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Another possibility is to make some pots of healthy chili, vegetable soup, shredded bbq chicken, chicken tortilla soup, etc. that are freezable. freeze them in freezer bags, and then get one of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/19699713?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227014739389&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=30063270190&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34458215830&veh=sem

Take one out to thaw as you're driving, then put it in here for a few hours. It will either be a good way to supplement a healthier non-buffet meal (ex. chili and get a big salad somewhere to eat with it) or maybe a way to have a smaller meal in between 2 other bigger ones. If you have dry ice in there, they will stay frozen for days. A bajillion times cheaper than any of the prepackaged food things, and not hard for you to deal with, I don't think.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you have your truck set up but my son works for a transportation company and most of the rigs have a small frig and a microwave in the bunk of the trucks. One guy goes long haul for up to 3 weeks and never goes into a truck stop. He stocks his frig at home and then shops along the way as he can. You don't have to eat truck stop buffets 3 meals a day!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wonder how Patrick is doing.. I hope he didn't discourage himself.

I do think if someone wants the convenience of those Nutrisystem entrees, why not get some healthier ones at the grocery store? it would be cheaper and maybe better than nothing, or maybe better than hitting the buffets along the road. He could buy some and keep it in his fridge in the truck.