Options
    I eat mine totally nude!! :)
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Oatmeal in the nude is best, it's how I enjoy mine too! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's also good w/ canned pumpkin and cinnamon at this time of year!!

That sounds AWESOME! How much do you add & what part of cooking?

I usually cook the oats for a minute in the micro, then add 1/4- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin and cook another minute. Sprinkle w/ cinnamon and nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice. It's awesome!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like mine cooked with milk, with 2 tsp brown sugar (one in the bottom of the bowl and one on top) and a ton of cinnamon. Tastes like a cinnamon roll.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I like mine in cookies! :tongue:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    ~smarty pants~
  • Dispathio
    Dispathio Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cook raisins in the oatmeal, then add milk, sugar, butter and salt.--Delicious!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I like mine pretty simple. Mostly because it takes so long. I make it with water and add a full Tbsp of Brown sugar or raw sugar depending on if I have it.

I avoid instants altogether and use John McCann's Steel cut Irish Whole Oat meal Its very nutty and full. Its an entirely different oatmeal experience and it really sticks with you through the morning. The only instant I use is Quaker Old fashion Oatmeal.

It takes about 30 min to make so I generally I bring water to a boil shut it off add the oatmeal and let it soak overnight and reheat in the morning its ready.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It's also good w/ canned pumpkin and cinnamon at this time of year!!

That sounds AWESOME! How much do you add & what part of cooking?

That sounds alot like pie. Oatmeal Pumpkin Pie
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Scotchies!!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I cook mine with water and then add milk with my toppings. I also prefer the old fashioned oats vs. instant. I'll make a whole pan of them for the week and just add milk and toppings in the microwave to reheat. I also usually add a TBL of ground flaxseed before I heat it up. I tried the steel cut oats once, but the texture was just too weird, more like rice to me.

Some toppings I like:

Peanut butter (with or without vanilla protein powder... and sometimes a little honey also)
    Raisins, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, honey
    1/4 cup of pumpkin, honey, cinnamon/nutmeg (with or without vanilla protein powder.. WITH it tastes like pie :love: )
    Bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon
    Chocolate protein powder and peanut butter
    sometimes I like to also throw a little bit of nuts or shredded coconut into whatever I have for variety
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This morning I had my oatmeal with some chopped apple, a tablespoon of slivered almonds, a tablespoon of brown sugar and some cinnamon. I kinda made it up as I went along and it was pretty good. I also like the Caledon Baked Oatmeal from the Clean Eating Cookbook. I usually half the serving size so then I have my breakfast made for the whole week.
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    fresh peaches, slivered almonds, a tiny sprinkling of unsweetened coconut flakes.....mmmmmm :love:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I really like the thought of pumpkin in it. Are we talking premade pumpkin pie filling, or just the canned pumpkin?? >..<
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

LOL you beat me to it!!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I really like the thought of pumpkin in it. Are we talking premade pumpkin pie filling, or just the canned pumpkin?? >..<

I used canned pumpkin, that way I can add my own sweetener and spices.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My favorite oatmeal recipe - 2 tbs raisins, 1tbs natural creamy peanut butter, splash of 1% milk
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Soy milk b/c my body doesn't like a lot of dairy and after culinary classes I can't cook with water if there is another sub.

Then depending on mood, add honey or chopped fresh fruit, craisins, dates or dried apricots.