I did it! C25K completed! (PIC)

Options
Jme2209
Jme2209 Posts: 24 Member
This is where my story started, 22 years old and morbidly obese. I ate terribly and I put on weight, no need to say more than that regarding why I put on the weight, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I determined that I wasn't going to let the weight stay. On January 1st of this year I decided to change my life. After losing 20 lbs, I decided that I should really try C25K. Life-changing decision right there.

103e637.jpg

I finished the 9 week program (I used the timed version not the distance version). 1 week after finishing the program I ran my first 5K! Here is a picture of me after I finished. It was an exhilarating experience!

1z3ov0j.jpg

I have only ran a 5K twice and my best time was 35:35. I really want to run a sub 30 race, and I hope to get there eventually. This wasn't easy, I won't lie and say it was. I still use sheer will power to plow through that last half mile, but I do it and it makes me realize how strong I truly am. I didn't stop. I won't say I love to run, not yet, I still struggle to complete 3 miles, but I'm hoping that I will learn to love it.

Replies

• WhateverYouDoDontBlink
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration! Way to go!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You inspire me!
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job! And great story! I am about 3/4 though a modified (16 wk) C25K program. I will be finished with it about 2 weeks before my first 5K i on August 30th so this is very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing :)
  • flfelice
    flfelice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So happy for you. Keep it up!
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! You look so happy and healthy...keep up the good work!!! :happy:
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! I'm just starting now and hope to have similar results and run some 5k's this fall!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome success!

35:XX is a great first 5k time!

Whats next? more 5ks or up it to 10k? That means either interval work or more endurance work.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Good for you!

Congrats!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Wow! I want to be like this!
  • Stampyou67
    Options
    Wow that is awsome WTG
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, very inspiring. Way to go.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, fantastic change and oh my goodness doesn't it feel good to run over that finish line :)
    Still chasing the sub 30 min 5k myself, so I know where you are coming from - You will do it and the love of running will one day hit you! All of a sudden, mid run, you will realise that you are loving where you are and what you are doing, your feet just fall into the right rhythm and it all comes together :)
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration.... You look amazing!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation - and amazing time!
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow... wow...WOW!! What a transformation! You look great! (More importantly you FEEL great!) Well done, really!! :D xx
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done C25K is a great programme and you look great! Do your 5k a few times a week and your stamina and pace will improve, but 35 mins is pretty good - I've been running for a while, but have recently done C25K with my neighbour to get her going and the best she has managed is 36. Keep jogging :flowerforyou:
  • kirsteenmabon
    kirsteenmabon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!! you look amazing xxxxx
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    excellent job! Well done, you look great!
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    This is where my story started, 22 years old and morbidly obese. I ate terribly and I put on weight, no need to say more than that regarding why I put on the weight, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I determined that I wasn't going to let the weight stay. On January 1st of this year I decided to change my life. After losing 20 lbs, I decided that I should really try C25K. Life-changing decision right there.

103e637.jpg

I finished the 9 week program (I used the timed version not the distance version). 1 week after finishing the program I ran my first 5K! Here is a picture of me after I finished. It was an exhilarating experience!

1z3ov0j.jpg

I have only ran a 5K twice and my best time was 35:35. I really want to run a sub 30 race, and I hope to get there eventually. This wasn't easy, I won't lie and say it was. I still use sheer will power to plow through that last half mile, but I do it and it makes me realize how strong I truly am. I didn't stop. I won't say I love to run, not yet, I still struggle to complete 3 miles, but I'm hoping that I will learn to love it.

Congratulations you look amazing...how much did you do in total?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!