Coffee?

Options

Replies

• GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Heck no!! I gave up diet mt dew in Feb. that and coffee is all I drank. I still drink numerous cups of coffee!! lol. I have totally given up artificial sweetner. just do it little by little and soon you wont be able to tell. I do however use creamer flavored.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee... 2 cups a day. BLACK.
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER give up my coffee. Instead I've eliminated mixed coffee beverages (read: Starbucks) and treat myself once and awhile to a Skinny Latte. I drink 2 cups in the morning black, although sometimes I'll add Stevia or Truvia and measure out soy/almond milk for a change up. Too much of a coffee addict to give it up. :)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy your coffee? That's the question we really need to be asking, I think. I understand the want to lose weight right-goddamn-now, but cutting the foods/drinks you love out of your life completely is a recipe for unpleasantness.
    The more enjoyable your weight loss journey is, the easier it will be for you. One other thing to consider about giving up your coffee: are you prepared to give it up permanently? I'm not saying that a couple cups of coffee (even lightly whitened and sweetened) are going to cause you to balloon out to epic proportions, but if you only avoid it while you're trying to lose weight then it stands to reason that you're likely to gain weight when you reintroduce it to your diet.

Personally, I love coffee. I love it black. I love it mixed with hot water. I love it with a little cream or sugar or both. My only real requirement is that it's hot! I would say most of the time I drink it black, but I have decadent weeks where I'll mix a little heavy cream and honey in it. And guess what! There's nothing wrong with that because I've made room for it in my diet. You can, too! ::drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No way is this awesomely tanned man giving up coffee!!! Start the day with coffee and end it with wine!!!!!! hell l yeah!!!:bigsmile:
    With that said............I drink it BLACK! or with maybe a little bit of creamer. thats it!
    plus the Liver loves the stuff!
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Hey everyone!

This might sound like a really crap thing to ask, but i wondered where you all stood on drinking coffee during your diet? I have a significant amount to loose and i drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day (semi skimmed milk, 2 artificial sweetners) should i cut this out and try peppermint tea?

Thanks everyone!

xxx

Really, it's up to you. If you want it, have it. If you like peppermint tea, you could have that too (or instead). For myself, no one is taking my morning coffee! :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out my cup of coffee in the morning (with flavored creamer) and it hasn't affected me. I can't function without it and it is the only thing I refuse to cut out of my diet.

Sometimes I'll have one in the evening as a treat.

As long as you drink lots of water you'll be fine.
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

This might sound like a really crap thing to ask, but i wondered where you all stood on drinking coffee during your diet? I have a significant amount to loose and i drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day (semi skimmed milk, 2 artificial sweetners) should i cut this out and try peppermint tea?

Thanks everyone!

xxx

NEVER!!! I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY COFFEE. NEVER!!!! I've lost 107 lbs and I've never logged any of the coffee I drink. I drink 2-3 cups a day (somtimes more) with a little 2% milk and sweet & low. :drinker: I'm not giving advice, just telling my experience...
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 120lbs and I havent given up my coffee!! =)

I did however changed from sugar to sweetener and use mainly milk/almond milk, which I mesasure out!

You dont have to give it up! =)

Amen!:drinker:
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups a day. 1 Equal and half/half--sometimes fat free half/half.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my coffee! I no longer get coffee from outside of my house. Ex) Starbucks, gas station, etc. I make it at home using skim milk, sometimes creamer, and natural sweetners. This has also allowed me to start cold brewking my coffee which I think tastes AMAZING!
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I be drinking coffee all morning…no ill effects! Although, I drink it like I like my licorice…black.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I put coffee in my protein shakes. It tastes almost better than my addiction, Starbucks.

ooohhhhh this sounds amazing!!!

I refuse to give up my coffee.... drink 2 cups a day then the rest of the day water water water....
    coffee is the nectar of the Gods!!!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with two cups of coffee. I use full on half and half too. No sugar though - can't stand the way that tastes.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 cups per day...real sugar and half & half. In my opinion, you should not give up anything you like. Moderation is the key. For me, I need something that is sustainable and cutting out foods ( there are no bad foods ) is a non starter for me.

Agree 100% with this, especially about not giving up foods you like and being able to sustain long term. I drink at least 2 cups a day and a couple shots of espresso after a good meal. Tried the low-fat half & half but didn't like it and switched back to regular. I did cut back to a tsp of sugar per serving, but sometimes the espresso needs 2 tsp (I do log it).
  • PhiloPray
    PhiloPray Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    15 cups a day. about.

im GREAT!!T!!RH
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oh I would never give up my coffee :)

The only thing I changed is I stopped putting milk and Splenda in it, I now drink it black and it's delicious!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    5JPct2r.jpg

They can have my coffee when they pry it from my cold, dead, shaking hands.
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP COFFEE

I drink black iced coffee every morning for 7 calories. It suppresses my appetite nicely.

I will never ever give up my coffee

ever
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I put coffee in my protein shakes. It tastes almost better than my addiction, Starbucks.

THIS or add a 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey to my coffee. Tasty **** :love: