This Momma Needs Some Support Friends

Options
Terra145
Terra145 Posts: 42 Member
Hi- My name is Terra. I am married and a momma of three great boys (15, 12, & 6)! I have a very busy life. I would love to have additional support of people in a similar lifestyle. It would be great to share ideas on what works well for other. I am working on being more active and watching my calorie intake. My goal is to create healthy eating for my family. I currently have about 75lbs I would like lose. Any and all friends are welcome =)

Replies

• angelabrn
    angelabrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Terra! I'm Angie! I have 2 boys, ages 4 & 2, and a 7 week old little girl! Would love to help encourage you on your. Journey!
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me, if you'd like
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I raised two boys, now 21 and 22...so just became an empty nester - well sorta, cause they are still learning...but yes, would be happy to be friends!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have an almost 3 year old......send me a request!
  • buckeyegirl51
    buckeyegirl51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I myself have two young boys 6 and 1. Not only am I trying to eat heathy but I want them to also.
  • Nireedk
    Nireedk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Momma ... looks like we are in a similar boat! My name is Kay, married, and mom of three - 16 girl, 14 girl, 12 boy! Very very busy with kids and working! I have about 30lbs to lose. I've been tracking for about 2 wks and have lost 5-6 lbs so far with dedicated calorie counting. I've been trying to limit myself to roughly 1,000 cals per day but certainly no more than 1200. Its been an okay two weeks so far, but I don't know how I can be so disciplined for another 2-3 months.
  • lfilip33
    lfilip33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two kids.... a daughter 6 and a son 2. I really need to lose 40 pounds! Please add me!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    sending friend request. I'm another busy Mama, my diary is open and I log daily. Anybody, feel free to add me! :smile:
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I am a busy Momma too! I have a 14, 12, and a 10 year old kids. I understand busy!! LOL I'm adding you!
  • Credence1971
    Options
    Hi, Terra:

Although I wish I was a bit MORE busy (I'm a bit underemployed at the moment), I have 5 children and can certainly relate!

The best thing I can think of to do to fit in exercise when you have a pack of kids is to find something you all can do. Given that your boys range from 6-15, could you bike ride, rollerblade, or walk/hike together? Two of my boys are 6 and 7, so not very fast bike riders -- when they want to bike ride, I will rollerblade with them, or just walk (they really can be pokey) and let them go ahead a reasonable distance on the bike path.

As far as diet goes, what seems to work for us is to make "healthy" meals, but to have something fun to go along with it that the kids will eat but that I won't. (Individual chocolate yogurts are what they picked this week, but this could be side dishes or other things as well. Here in France, it definitely includes the cheese course! They love it, but I am sadly off of it for the time being.)

Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • rc2paris
    rc2paris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I could use some support friends, too
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me I'm here I think for the rest of my life...MFP help me find a healthy way to lose weight and now maintain...

Nadine...
  • Odysseytome
    Options
    Hello to ALL!, There is strength in numbers! I am a mother of a six year old with 40lbs of fat to loose.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of an almost 13 year old boy and a 10.5 yr old girl. Feel free to send a FR if you can handle my funny sarcastic side
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have 14, 11 year old boys and a 7 year old daughter- they keep me on the go as well! You are welcome to add me if you like. My diary is open. I've found that using the time I am already somewhere with them (ie soccer practice) to walk, etc works very well for me. And we do bike rides, etc.
  • Mishinmite
    Mishinmite Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    43, 4 kids, stay at home mom. I'm trying to lose 50lbs. I'm 5'3-5'4 and weigh 184lbs. OMG, that was painful to admit. :wipes sweat from brow:
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 with an undetermined amount of weight to lose. I added you and others, feel free to add me as well! :)
  • kimkim2014
    kimkim2014 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm a mom to one and have around the same amount of weight to lose as well. Sending you a friend request
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i have a son thats 18 , a daughter 15 and another son that is 10 and i ready to lose this extra 50 pounds i still have on me
  • colbtrist
    colbtrist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I'm 39, married and a mom to 6. I have about 90 pounds to lose and I am slowly getting there. I have lost 13 so far. If you would like to be friends I would love it.