Replies

• caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    nooooooooooo, dont do it bro, a normal human foot only weight 2.5 lbs
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm going to resist the urge to tease you about how many pounds you could possibly lose by cutting off a foot...

Do what works for you! If you're tempted to binge when you eat later or eat junk, then I think cutting the late night eating would be a good idea.
    As a night shift worker, I eat all hours of the night, even when I'm home. For me, staying within my calorie and macro goals and making healthier choices is not more of a challenge at one time of a day over another. I try to spread six small meals out evenly over the day, but I typically eat lighter when I'm less hungry (earlier) and my more filling meals when I'm more hungry (later).
    (I also plan my meals out and pre-log.)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    putting your foot in your mouth rather than food before and after 7 will result in weight loss.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all of the previous responses, but here's my take: I think that some people have this trigger, and others have that one. For some it is chocolate or crunchy things or whatever. Eating late is another. If it is working for you and isn't overly restrictive in other ways, then great! I think that it can help some people sleep better if they have some stomach issues, in particular, like reflux or heartburn, etc. I suspect that if other people cut off that early, they wouldn't do as well bc they would feel deprived or hungry going to bed. I sometimes like a little something sweet before bed. I usually have the calories for it, and it doesn't cause any further cravings as of yet. I have also found that a sweet fruit (peaches, strawberries, etc) and a squirt of whipped cream are enough. Maybe they won't be next week or next month, but for NOW it is working. Good luck to you, as you find out what works for you, and stick with it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 8 p.m. myself and it works for me. I don't like going to bed feeling full and bloated.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I like eating a little later - it's usually about 7:30 to 8pm. I do have a snack with about 10 grams of protein late in the afternoon and that keeps me from feeling really hungry by the time I'm eating dinner. Like you, I've found that eating later keeps me from wanting something to munch on late in the evening. If I get the munchies it's usually going to be something that's fairly calorie-dense and not particularly good for me, so anything I can do to avoid those late snacks is a good thing.

I try not to eat after about 9pm, but the only reason is because sometimes it will keep me awake.

PS - I know you have another one, but please don't cut off your foot. It will really affect the lifestyle change you're trying to make! :wink:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I find that I tend to be hungry every 3hrs and STARVING by the 4th. As long as I sleep before I hit that 4th hr, I can get to sleep without snacking. If I don't, then I eat and unfortunately those are always the crazy binge craving times :( But I am getting better at it, and try to keep low cal snacks around so that I can just have that if I am hungry.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Best topic title today.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    nooooooooooo, dont do it bro, a normal human foot only weight 2.5 lbs

he should definitely wait until he has only 5 pounds left to lose. It'll really make a difference then.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My sister-in law is a trainer. She has a degree in nutrition as well. She has been helping make changes to get my health back on tract. He advice to me was do not eat after 7pm. Also she suggested no carbs past 3pm. Now all of this is easier said than done !! I am battling sugar addiction, and that is what I want to concur first !! Keep me posted as to your success !!

My cousin is a RDN (Registered Dietitian Nutritionist)...as well as a LD, CHWC (Certified Health and Wellness Coach), LWMC/HC (Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach/Health Coach) along with other letters after her name that really matter here...and while she is an obvious over achiever...she would say your sister-in-law was wrong.
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hacksaw.gif

LMBO!

Love the typo!
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I do know that we have circadian rhythms and our bodies are meant to work within a specific and certain timing (it's all in our genes). It all has to do with hormones and other metabolic means of communication within the body. So, if it works, then why not?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My calorie budget usually runs out around 7, so i try to quit eating after that :-p
  • glheureux56
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie in my opinion. 3500 calories = 1 pound. over time if you consume 3500 less or burn 3500 more or a combination then all things being equal you should lose a pound. In my case, if I eat after 7 is is usually something yummy anyway like cookies or cake and I probably shouldnt have it anyway.

Personally, I dont really worry about the calories, I count carbs.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Personally, I dont really worry about the calories, I count carbs.

dude, that's awesome. I didnt think low carbs was a sustainable lifestyle
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I eat till 11:30pm basically every night. Obviously hampering my physique. Maybe I should get my foot cut off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    In theory I agree but in practice sometimes dinner isn't ready to eat until after 7 or even 8 PM.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I usually stop eating 4 or 5 hours before bed. A calorie's a calorie regardless of when you eat it, but I sleep better on an empty stomach.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still reading, there actually is a valid reason to restrict foods after a certain time.

A new study shows that the later someone stays up, the more calories they generally eat in a day. People make poorer food choices late at night. Staying up past 10 PM led to an average increase in calorie consumption of about 300 to 400 calories.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/later-you-stay-more-you-eat-study-shows-6C10488450

The problem in some of your responses is to assume that the only factor here is "calories in, calories out." You have assumed that it doesn't matter what time of the day you consume calories. That in itself is correct. But there is a confounding factor you have not considered: people, on average, make poorer food choices late at night. They are more likely to eat comfort foods and more likely to eat more calories late at night than they actually need.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This tactic can only last one day. Two, tops.

^Awesome. I know I opened myself up to this with the typo. . .

sorry for the doublepost.