30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Set yourself a goal... say on day 30 you would like to have lost 3lbs.... or you want a shirt that you currently have to fit a little better... reward yourself for even just completing the 30 day shred... that is a big accomplishment!!! I am going to buy another workout DVD and possibly go buy a new shirt after I finish this!
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You're all amazing. I tried to start 30 Day Shred today, I did 9 minutes and I just couldn't carry on. I don't know if it was because of the excessive heat or maybe because my fitness level is Much lower than I thought. It made me sad :( Well done to all of you who are doing it.
  • rozettad
    rozettad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD, but haven't opened it yet. Count me in!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :smile:
  • ProdigiousPanda
    ProdigiousPanda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! Adding you! Together I'm sure we will get through it and to the results we want. Anyone else is free to add me too! We can motivate each other!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    You're all amazing. I tried to start 30 Day Shred today, I did 9 minutes and I just couldn't carry on. I don't know if it was because of the excessive heat or maybe because my fitness level is Much lower than I thought. It made me sad :( Well done to all of you who are doing it.

Try to never stop moving... if you can't do all of what they do modify it for yourself and just try doing a little bit more of what they do every day.... I have a hard time also... but you can do it!!!! I know you can!
  • BMoxie2013
    BMoxie2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually started Ripped in 30 today. Would it be okay to join in? Holding other people accountable, keeps me in check!
  • busymoma
    busymoma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started the shred today, then came on here and found this link. I am determined. I started mfp and eating well on July 1st. In 3 weeks I have lost 13 lbs. BUT I know that I need to add exercise. I went all over my town looking for this shred video and no one had it. Turns out a friend had it sitting in a stack at her house :)

I am 243 lbs and I am far from active. Today I used a blanket and canned beans for weights! I am looking forward to this challenge!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    I actually started Ripped in 30 today. Would it be okay to join in? Holding other people accountable, keeps me in check!

Of course!! Is that a Jillian Michaels workout??? I am looking for more challenges to do after I am done this one... couch to 5k looks appealing but I really like Jillian Michaels!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    Hi
    I started the shred today, then came on here and found this link. I am determined. I started mfp and eating well on July 1st. In 3 weeks I have lost 13 lbs. BUT I know that I need to add exercise. I went all over my town looking for this shred video and no one had it. Turns out a friend had it sitting in a stack at her house :)

I am 243 lbs and I am far from active. Today I used a blanket and canned beans for weights! I am looking forward to this challenge!

Good for you!!!
  • Razzle_Red
    Razzle_Red Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi!

I'd love to. I bought it last week and it's been staring at me...judging v_v

It's time to get started.
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Shredders !

I started Ripped in 30 (another J. Michaels' DVD).
    Week 2 Day 4

I find it very difficult but I do the modifier version to make it bearable :tongue:

I did the 30 day shred a few months back but stopped in the middle of it :sad:

Now I hope I'll be more commited

xxx
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    nurseangelamomof5boys Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you I think the more people that work together the better results. I've been stuck at a stand still so this might help.
    I hope so anyway

for those that don't have the 30 day shred you can find it on you tube for free.
    anyone who would like to add me feel free
    good luck everyone
  • Dmsci
    Dmsci Posts: 3
    Options
    Tonight will be day 3. My abs hurt when I coughed today and my legs hurt when I climbed stairs. I keep telling myself it's all a good hurt.
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    Tonight will be day 3. My abs hurt when I coughed today and my legs hurt when I climbed stairs. I keep telling myself it's all a good hurt.

Mee too!! Day 3 for me tomorrow! Excited! Took some before photos today.... looking forward to seeing some results... however seeing the photos that my hubby took of me really disgusted me... I can't believe I have let myself go like this. Feeling slightly discouraged and wondering if I will even see any results with being so big... fingers crossed... going to work extra hard tomorrow!
  • muldoony
    muldoony Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oooh I feel your pain! I'm now mid way through week 2 and luckily it seems to be getting easier... I hesitate to use that word as I am still absolutely knackered at the end of the work out but at least I don't feel as though I've been run over by a steam roller like I did on day 3 & 4. I've lost 2lbs and 1/2 an inch off my waist so far which I think is pretty good! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up although I'm absolutely dreading level 2!

Good luck everyone, let's make sure we keep going!
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi,

today will be day 2, and I " feel" my legs :)
  • BMoxie2013
    BMoxie2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Of course!! Is that a Jillian Michaels workout??? I am looking for more challenges to do after I am done this one... couch to 5k looks appealing but I really like Jillian Michaels!

It is Jillian Michaels. It's a 3-2-1 system. 3 min of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 min of abs. Each of the strength training moves are done twice, as is true for cardio (ie. 30 sec. of butt kicks, 30 second hops, 30 second butt kicks, 30 sec. hops with no rest in between) It changes every week. (4 weeks total) I always like her in Biggest Loser. Her video workouts are very challenging. Her commentary, however, is not so good. But I suffer through because I feel so accomplished after, haha! I did this in March and had great success, so feeling good, I bought her Extreme Shred and Shed. It starts with burpees that jump up in between. I got through it a few times but I like how RI 30 changes up every week. Maybe once I feel strong again, I'll give it a go. I'm using 5 and 8lb weights. I need to take measurement and pics today! The time is going to pass before we know it! :) Good Luck today!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options

It is Jillian Michaels. It's a 3-2-1 system. 3 min of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 min of abs. Each of the strength training moves are done twice, as is true for cardio (ie. 30 sec. of butt kicks, 30 second hops, 30 second butt kicks, 30 sec. hops with no rest in between) It changes every week. (4 weeks total) I always like her in Biggest Loser. Her video workouts are very challenging. Her commentary, however, is not so good. But I suffer through because I feel so accomplished after, haha! I did this in March and had great success, so feeling good, I bought her Extreme Shred and Shed. It starts with burpees that jump up in between. I got through it a few times but I like how RI 30 changes up every week. Maybe once I feel strong again, I'll give it a go. I'm using 5 and 8lb weights. I need to take measurement and pics today! The time is going to pass before we know it! :) Good Luck today!

Thanks! I will have to try that one after I am done this 30DS... day three for me... better get started!
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    Good for all of you starting 30DS or Ripped in 30!!! I just started Level 2 yesterday and I'm sore today!

Days 3-5 on Level 1 were the HARDEST for me. I was soooooo sore and just wanted to take a day off. But I pushed through and Days 6-7 were so much easier for some reason!!! Within the first week I lost 5 inches (combined waist/hips/thigh) but the scale only moved .6 lbs for me. I am 283 lbs with a past leg injury so I did have to modify some of the cardio (butt kicks mainly) and I still saw amazing results!

All I can say is DON'T GIVE UP! It does get easier and once you finish Level 1 you will feel so accomplished!!!

*high fives all around*
  • seearainbow
    seearainbow Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am doing day 3 today. Quads are the most sore, but I can feel it in my abs too!