How stressful is your job? Or not?

Options
124»

Replies

• SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Mine's not on either list, but anyway, I work in Human Resources and my job is not stressful at all. I'd say 2 on a scale of 1-10. :smile:
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Haha... I top the least stressful job :laugh: (Yet an Asst Proff... another 10-15 years before I become Proff) :smile:

But trust me that is not the case. Handling postgraduate students is worse :grumble:
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    seriously? nurses should absolutly be in the top 10...I'm a nurse on an acute lockdown psych ward...it's like Jerry Springer every day in here!!!!!! Stress level through the roof most days!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think this is kind of silly. I've held administrative/office jobs that were totally easy, and others that were difficult and high stress. I've worked retail jobs that were super stressful and some with seriously ZERO stress. I worked one on one with adults with autism and one day might involve watching a movie and taking a walk, the next day was taking someone to the emergency room and helping them calm down in a weighted vest for six hours...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I think this is kind of silly. I've held administrative/office jobs that were totally easy, and others that were difficult and high stress. I've worked retail jobs that were super stressful and some with seriously ZERO stress. I worked one on one with adults with autism and one day might involve watching a movie and taking a walk, the next day was taking someone to the emergency room and helping them calm down in a weighted vest for six hours...

Yep, some days are nice for me too where I work my shift and go home.
    But then there's those other days where the shift works me... :grumble:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse in a locked psychiatric unit, wonder if they consider that stressful? LOL

I did my psych clinical at the VA and worked with Vietnam vets.
    What a trip...

• juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Tax Accountant didn't make the list which I agree with if you look at the year as a whole, but Mid January to April 15? Crazy stressful!
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    Ha! Apparently as a dietitian, my job officially makes the 'not stressful' list. Clearly the person writing the list has never had a patient's family screaming at them about how much weight their Mum has lost or a doctor blaming you for killing the patient that they have legal responsibility for. Actually, come to think of it, they seem to have completely missed what dietitians (most anyway) do... so no offense taken!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm a nurse in a locked psychiatric unit, wonder if they consider that stressful? LOL

I did my psych clinical at the VA and worked with Vietnam vets.
    What a trip...

Thank you for your service :flowerforyou:
    I actually really enjoyed that clinical and learned a lot.
    The day room was filled with a grey cloud of cigarette smoke, back when you could still smoke in hospitals...
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sales manager here. I don't know anyone in my profession that doesn't think it's stressful. And, I think that everyone's job is probaby stressful at one point or another.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Ha! Apparently as a dietitian, my job officially makes the 'not stressful' list. Clearly the person writing the list has never had a patient's family screaming at them about how much weight their Mum has lost or a doctor blaming you for killing the patient that they have legal responsibility for. Actually, come to think of it, they seem to have completely missed what dietitians (most anyway) do... so no offense taken!

Well, why can't you make them eat!?!
    And why can't you stop the family from bringing in candy bars for diabetic grandpa?
    And why, oh why, can't you make them drink the Ensure?? :wink: