Have you been CATFISHED?

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    fairly\h certain it's happened to me a few times. luckily, i didn't get TOO invested. just a tad. but enough for some serious disappointment. stupid people are stupid!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i havent been catfished, but i may have fish-hooked a couple of broads in my hayday...
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    I met my man online in 2007. We were both honest about who were were. We were friends first and then we realised we liked each other. I flew over to New Jersey from Wales to meet him. I was there for 5 days and we decided to give long distance a shot. We flew back and forth for over a year, he proposed, I said yes. We went through the visa process and I finally moved to NJ May 2012. We've recently celebrated out 1st anniversary :happy:
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I must admit. I thought the younger guy was going to be the older black guy who had the same number. It was 8 years before they met! I was saying to myself this is going to end bad, but it didn't. Great ending to a love story. But to answer your question, No I have never been catfished.

Haha, me too. I wanted it to be Levourne!

Lmao, I was hoping it was Levourne also lol. Terrible I know. She would have been CRUSHED :sad: Lol
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I met my husband online, we married 14 months later, and now our relationship is back where it started lol. I met him while he was deployed to Iraq and now he's in Afghanistan. Now we try to video chat everyday just like when we met lol. I did however get "catfished" in the process I guess you could say. I met two guys before I met my husband. The first guy is picture was about 10 yrs old and 70 lbs ago and the second guys photo was taken more when he was in "body builder mode" and when I met him it was more of "professional eater mode" I still hung out with him a couple times.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hell no. If someone sparks my interest online, then it's not going to be too long until we meet. I don't have time for a guy ducking and dodging. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that people will talk to someone online for years without meeting them, skyping, talking, or anything. It's sad that there are people who have such a low-self-esteem that they pose as someone else, or enhance their pictures so much that it barely resembles them in real life.

I've never been catfished, but a guy I met online a few years ago was surprised I actually looked like my pictures because he was fooled a few times by women who alter their pictures too much. In a way, I feel like that's catfishing. I also had a friend of mine who had a feeling her man was cheating on her, so she made a fake profile to catch him, and he fell for it.

Catfish is not the worst show on MTV. I'm glad it exposes people who do this
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Met my wife on AOL, 19 years ago, when AOL was about all the Internet ordinary people used.

We both represented ourselves as kind, reasonable, normal people...double catfish!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    dirty little secret - i really like this show......i think the guys running it are, for the most part, respectful of all the people involved...even if they are being stupid and/or naive.

BUT......this last episode they kinda seemed to be making fun of the older black guy who the phone was traced back to - - and i actually thought he was much sexier than the BOY it ended up being - - but to each his own.

I am getting "pretty good" at sniffing out liars on the interwebs....so no - it hasn't happened to me ....and i hope it doesn't.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    dirty little secret - i really like this show......i think the guys running it are, for the most part, respectful of all the people involved...even if they are being stupid and/or naive.

BUT......this last episode they kinda seemed to be making fun of the older black guy who the phone was traced back to - - and i actually thought he was much sexier than the BOY it ended up being - - but to each his own.

I am getting "pretty good" at sniffing out liars on the interwebs....so no - it hasn't happened to me ....and i hope it doesn't.

Bonjour Baby!

32813929_2873.jpg
  • stephisneat
    stephisneat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've met some weirdos online. I never went alone to meet any of them, some of them turned out ok just not a good match while others...oh man looney toons. My fiance I actually met on myspace, we've been together for 5 1/2 years. Sometimes the risk of fibbers is well worth it!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've never been catfished, but I did talk to a guy online for months. We did meet & hooked up, but he was player -- and honestly he never really cared. I was also 18 and he was 28. Yikes. Lol
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Found out a guy I was friends with online was actually a chick with a gender confusion issue. No romantic feelings on my side though.

The "Amanda" girl that ended up being a gay black kid took place like a town away from me though.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    No, thankfully.

I met my boyfriend here, on MFP, a little over a year ago. I think we knew each other a couple weeks when we first Skyped. These people that have years long relationships with someone that refuses to meet them or even Skype with them are ridiculous.

I've met several other people here that have become very good friends and were exactly who they seemed to be when I've met them in person. But I'm a picky b!tch and don't let just anyone on my FL.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a french model

Ooh la la....C'est si bon!!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in middle school I joined a website called Bolt. It was mainly chat rooms and diaries and polls and crap. I used to pretend to be 17-20 years old and would go back and forth between being a girl or boy depending on who I was talking to.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Once, but it was LONG before Skype or video chat. I met a woman online and we talked off and on for about a month before we decided to meet in real life. When I met her she was 8 years older and 50 lbs heavier than she described herself online. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and went ahead with the rest of the date.

Then, 3 days later, I met another woman the old fashioned way (in a club), and she and I have been together over 18 years.

Never did talk to the original woman again after our one and only date.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I must admit. I thought the younger guy was going to be the older black guy who had the same number. It was 8 years before they met! I was saying to myself this is going to end bad, but it didn't. Great ending to a love story. But to answer your question, No I have never been catfished.

Haha, me too. I wanted it to be Levourne!

I had my fingers crossed hoping it was the older Botha! Curses!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hell no. If someone sparks my interest online, then it's not going to be too long until we meet. I don't have time for a guy ducking and dodging. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that people will talk to someone online for years without meeting them, skyping, talking, or anything. It's sad that there are people who have such a low-self-esteem that they pose as someone else, or enhance their pictures so much that it barely resembles them in real life.

I've never been catfished, but a guy I met online a few years ago was surprised I actually looked like my pictures because he was fooled a few times by women who alter their pictures too much. In a way, I feel like that's catfishing. I also had a friend of mine who had a feeling her man was cheating on her, so she made a fake profile to catch him, and he fell for it.

Catfish is not the worst show on MTV. I'm glad it exposes people who do this

I'm not sure if it's the worst show on MTV but I love it. It's a train wreck and there I am staring at the mess!
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Ive been catfished....as in someone stole my photos and catfished the hell out of 54 friends on their list :/

ALSO i loved a girl name Nikki who turned out to probably be some creeper :/ since she "died" in a fake car accident :/ fudgeing internet.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of CATFISH on MFP...weight loss wise.

They CATFISH their food diaries, they CATFISH their weight loss...

They appear to be eating healthy but they tend to omit the bad foods from their diary.
    They appear to be losing weight but they are heavier than they display
    OR they lock their diary so you can't see
    They appear to work out, put insane numbers up... like 1000+ cals burned doing elliptical. CMON now. MFP's exercise numbers are crap! Get a HRM!
    They log cooking, standing, food prep as exercise...
    They appear to do a lot of things...

:ohwell: