TastyKakes

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Nobody bakes a cake as tasty as a tastykake...tasteeeekake.

Philly!
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    never had, looks processed

Um, yeah. If it's a cake, it's been processed. Even if it's homemade.

Oh, and pass the Butterscotch Krimpet on the right, please. I used to eat these when I was a kid, but they've not been available where I am now ... until just recently ;P

being a cook/gourmet I do venture into baking and know some bakers however I have yet to meet one using..

Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets (3 oz)
    Ingredients (37):
    Sugar, Flour Bleached Enriched (Flour, Niacin, Iron Reduced, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid (Vitamin aB)) , Water, Egg(s), Corn Syrup, Vegetable(s) Shortening Partially Hydrogenated (Canola, Cottonseed Oil) , Corn Syrup High Fructose, Corn Starch, Butter, Milk Skim, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Sulphate (Sulfate)) , Tapioca Flour, Salt, Whey, Mono and Diglycerides, Food Starch Modified, Soy Protein Isolate, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Pectin, Flavor(s) Natural & Artificial, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, Citric Acid, Nutmeg

now as you can see most of this junk is used for color and as a stablizer/binders with a lot of forms of sugar/fat ontop of sugar/fat.

look how much corn is used in this 1 product that has been chemically formulated and stripped down into a pure form there is not a single redeeming quality, in anything from this company.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Oh, and pass the Butterscotch Krimpet on the right, please. I used to eat these when I was a kid, but they've not been available where I am now ... until just recently ;P

being a cook/gourmet I do venture into baking and know some bakers however I have yet to meet one using..

Ingredients (37):
    Sugar, Flour Bleached Enriched (Flour, Niacin, Iron Reduced, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid (Vitamin aB)) , Water, Egg(s), Corn Syrup, Vegetable(s) Shortening Partially Hydrogenated (Canola, Cottonseed Oil) , Corn Syrup High Fructose, Corn Starch, Butter, Milk Skim, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Sulphate (Sulfate)) , Tapioca Flour, Salt, Whey, Mono and Diglycerides, Food Starch Modified, Soy Protein Isolate, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Pectin, Flavor(s) Natural & Artificial, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, Citric Acid, Nutmeg

now as you can see most of this junk is used for color and as a stablizer/binders with a lot of forms of sugar/fat ontop of sugar/fat.

look how much corn is used in this 1 product that has been chemically formulated and stripped down into a pure form there is not a single redeeming quality, in anything from this company.

Ok Gordon Ramsay, chill. We get your point. However, no one has claimed that TastyKakes were gourmet cuisine; nor did anyone say they're even remotely healthy.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Butterscotch Krimpets - YUM!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Ingredients (37):

Gee, a non-frozen cake containing butter, egg, sugar, and flour that is going to be shipped all over the country and exposed to temperature fluctuations. Wonder why they'd add preservatives and stabilizers - that have all passed safety regulations, mind you, and have no scientific evidence of causing a problem for anyone not intolerant or allergic. And who cares how much corn is used in this product. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Is popcorn not redeemable either?

Oh, and before you go into how high fructose corn syrup is evil, yada, yada, it's pretty clear if you read the literature that there is no straight answer on whether there is a problem with it or not, since the research both ways is being funded by special interest groups. And, huge shock, research from the pro-hfcs group directly contradicts the research from the anti-hfcs group. Plus, rat and mouse studies mean next to nothing. They're not similar enough to humans in the ways that matter for disease, which is why they've been cobbling together a mouse with a human immune system for a decade. Oh, and that one STILL doesn't respond like a human would, so the tinkering goes on.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Loves me some TastyKake!
  • RobTheGourmet
    Options

Ingredients (37):

Ok Gordon Ramsay, chill. We get your point. However, no one has claimed that TastyKakes were gourmet cuisine; nor did anyone say they're even remotely healthy.

way to insult me directly gordon ramsay... pfft

this is a fitness/health website / forum posting high praises for a chemically lab made junk food expect it to get hated on... and I stated the info I did as point of ref based on what someone else said on its ingredients.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Ingredients (37):

this is a fitness/health website / forum posting high praises for a chemically lab made junk food expect it to get hated on... and I stated the info I did as point of ref based on what someone else said on its ingredients.

I would love it if you would shut your gourmet pie hole.
  • RobTheGourmet
    Options
    Pretty mature of you. Thank you.
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm a Little Debbies girl.

Tastykakes are SOOOO much better than Little Debbies...there is no comparison!
    I must admit, however, that I'm originally from Philly...mom used to pack them in my school lunch and I was still a skinny kid. :smile:
  • StaycJulia
    StaycJulia Posts: 32
    Options
    Being from the Philly area, Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes are my once in awhile dirty indulgence. :heart: them!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Ingredients (37):

e5c17f3f84words.jpg.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    They're from Pennsylvania, just like me! We have them EVERYWHERE here. My daughter even sells them for her dance class fundraiser.

right in the navy yards in Philly.

I helped build the Revzilla warehouse literally RIGHT NEXT to the TastyKake factory. God damn it smelled amazaballs EVERY day. sigh.

I don't eat them- but they do smell delicious while being made- I can promise you that.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    these are tasty
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Even Little Debbie and Hostess (now that Twinkies and Cupcakes are back) don't tempt me!! Now give me a Mindy Lou Fried Pie and that's a different story!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    One does not simply walk into WaWa for a twinkie.

Gosh I miss wawa..there's nothing like it anywhere.. and nothing beats it.,.
    and I found pork roll out here, but it's not the same somehow..
    and bustterscotch krimpets.. mmmmmm how I love thee.. let me count the ways.. So glad they are not out here..

oh someone said scrapple.. most disgusting yumminess out there.. lol

philly cheese steaks.. mmm.. gosh it's a good thing i'm not going home anytime soon. LOL
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    blah....i would rather eat a piece of cheesecake (my favorite)....LOL
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Ingredients (37):

Sounds tasty. Would eat.
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    scrapple trumps pork roll
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I saw them here in Georgia and decided to try a peanut butter chocolate thingy.

I didn't like it too much. Like, yeah, it was cake and therefore tasty. I just feel like I coulda gotten a better snack cake.

I was raised on Little Debbie and Hostess though. Give me Starcrunch or give me death!