Day 5 Without Diet Soda

Options

Replies

• LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was a diet soda junkie. I quit in January and I've never looked back. I have to say it was WAY easier than I thought. I drink water, white tea, lemonade or ice tea maybe a couple times a week and a very occasional beer or wine with dinner. I've started losing again and I feel great. My skin and hair look better. It's amazing what a HUGE difference a small change can make.

Congrats to you, OP!!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Huge accomplishment! It is funny but I just realized I haven't had a diet soda in weeks. I just don't like them anymore....funny how that works! I like my water (and coffee, lots of coffee) :drinker:
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Stay with it! I have been Coke 0 free for seven months. It was hard to break; but, I am so happy I did. Now, I binge on unsweetened tea with lemon. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Water, iced tea, coffee and unsweetened seltzer waters have totally replaced my Diet Coke. The last time I tried it, I ended up dumping it down the sink because it tasted vile to me.

Avoiding the diet coke and artificial sweeteners in general is really helping with appetite control. And it's a lot cheaper to throw some teabags in a jug of water than buying the soda!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Good job! I like fizzy drinks, my preference being kombucha, or mineral water with citrus juice squeezed in.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 6 weeks without having any. I was typically having 1 or 2 diet cokes a day. Nothing too serious but I figured it wouldnt be too hard to give up. The only thing I really crave diet coke with is pepperoni pizza. Well... last couple of times I've had pizza--I just had a veggie pizza (peppers,onions,mushrooms,blk olives) or cheese pizza. When I do finally have pepperoni pizza again which I am sure I will--I might make an exception and have a DC--else its soda free all the way. Good luck. Its not that hard to stop. I really enjoy my green iced tea with a touch of lemonade on top or a soda water with lemon instead. Or even a can of Miller lite :)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Diet Coke addict. I think I'm going to try and kick the habit to see if I notice any changes.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've cut back A LOT on my fave...Diet Pepsi. I'll have a diet soda once in a while now, as a treat. The aspartame is so bad for you.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Were you expecting to feel bad? I don't think I get the point. It's just diet soda.
  • lbanse1975
    Options
    Congratulations, and good luck on continuing this. As a diabetic, I only drink diet soda (Diet Coke) and if I'm around it, then that is all I will drink. I currently work in a convenience store. It's just right there.

I cut it out completely for about 5 months. Once, I even cut soda completely for about 5 years. (No McDonald's in that same 5 year period, either). But, I was sedentary so I actually gained weight :(

It's time to get serious about my weight loss and cut it out again, I believe.
  • Revkenny1973
    Revkenny1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like some of the previous points that were made...it caused me to crave food and more than anything else, it made me feel BLOATED. It may not be much to anyone else, but it sure makes me feel better.
  • Revkenny1973
    Revkenny1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Were you expecting to feel bad? I don't think I get the point. It's just diet soda.

Sorry - forgot to include the quote....

Like some of the previous points that were made...it caused me to crave food and more than anything else, it made me feel BLOATED. It may not be much to anyone else, but it sure makes me feel better.
  • Basia_and4345
    Basia_and4345 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feeling great! Coffee to help kick the day off then nothing but water the rest of the day.

EXCELLENT!!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a diet soda about once a day. Since the first of the year it's only been black coffee (morning only) then nothing but plain refreshing (cold of course) water the rest of the day.
  • Basia_and4345
    Basia_and4345 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Sorry - forgot to include the quote....

Most "DIET" foods will cause you to crave the junk. It took a little doing but I gave up soda all together. Every once in a while I will sneak a sip from one of my kids drinks and realize how much I DON'T miss that junk.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    To the OP: I know how you feel. I have been cutting back on caffeine over the past year and I feel demonstrably better. Fewer sleepless nights, for one. Some people can handle it, but I can feel a difference when I limit my intake. If cutting diet soda works for you, then keep it up.

P.S. I still love diet soda. I just try to drink more of the caffeine-free varieties these days.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up. It only gets better then longer you go. You need that garbage anyway. I am sure others(Mr Shill) will chime in and argue the point, but it's not good for you so why drink it. Artificial sugars are horrible.

I have plenty of coworkers who have not had ANY food changes in their diet and only gave up diet soda's. Pretty good weight loss after a few weeks and kept if off after some months passing.

What or whom am I shilling for again? Oh that's right, you can't answer that. The only thing I rail against is bad information, not personal preference.

I'd love to know the science behind this. Answers on a postcard please...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up. It only gets better then longer you go. You need that garbage anyway. I am sure others(Mr Shill) will chime in and argue the point, but it's not good for you so why drink it. Artificial sugars are horrible.

I have plenty of coworkers who have not had ANY food changes in their diet and only gave up diet soda's. Pretty good weight loss after a few weeks and kept if off after some months passing.

What or whom am I shilling for again? Oh that's right, you can't answer that. The only thing I rail against is bad information, not personal preference.

I thought it said Shiv and pictured this going an entirely different direction.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Feeling great! Coffee to help kick the day off then nothing but water the rest of the day.

Are you going to eat food too or are you just drinking water and coffee now? I don't think you can make your calorie goal on coffee unless you add a lot of sugar to it.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Caloric deficit is required for weight loss. It's science, I'm sorry. So I highly doubt there was no change/difference in caloric intake.

Btw, your little subtle and constant attacks on another user only serve to discredit you, not him.

this.