Friend Envy

Options
Is anybody else dealing with serious friend envy?
A friend that looks exactly how you wish you could look,
but does nothing even remotely healthy to maintain their weight..

My best friend is tiny and eats nothing but fast food and doesn't exercise
in the least. The intense jealousy I feel is really starting to take a toll on our friendship.

Anyone else like me out there?

Replies

• LukiesMommy
    Options
    Same here!! My BFF is also tiny. All I have to do is look at some fries and I gain 5lbs. It's so frustrating that she can eat whatever she wants and gains no weight. I feel your pain!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Just remember you don't see everything they eat, or everything they do.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    my best friend is also tiny & can eat whatever she wants...i don't envy her, though. she supports my healthy habits & weight loss 100% and is always there to cheer me on! Personally....even if i "could" eat fast food & junk and not gain weight..i wouldn't do it all the time because being healthy is whats important to me.. losing the weight is just the perk of changing my lifestyle!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I used to. But then I took a big girl pill and realized the grass is not always greener. Things aren't always the way they seem.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Both of you are fairly young, believe me it will catch up with your friends. Especially if they haven't had kids yet, and then they will come looking to you for advise.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Nope

Agreed.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    *looks down*

Yup, I have my big girl panties on.

I'm good

*leaves*
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I used to. But then I took a big girl pill and realized the grass is not always greener. Things aren't always the way they seem.

thank you for making this song pop in my head...

"So why, oh why
    Do I look to the other side
    'Cause I know the grass is greener but
    Just as hard to mow"
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've heard people say that about me with an "it's not fair" comment attached. It's not true at all. I can gain twenty pounds in a minute if I don't watch what I eat. (When I say a minute, I really mean a few months.)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

"So why, oh why
    Just as hard to mow"
    yeah never heard it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nah. I usually just skin them and wear their skin as a body suit and it makes me feel much better.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Nah. I usually just skin them and wear their skin as a body suit and it makes me feel much better.

:love: :laugh:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

"So why, oh why
    Just as hard to mow"
    yeah never heard it.

haha I didn't expect you too. Just glad it popped into my head from what you said
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    no im not jealous because im the one losing the weight not them luckily i have fitnesspal friends for support as the smaller i get the less support i seem to be getting oh well i still will talk about it :) im proud of myself few months ago i was the big one now im a size smaller
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nope...I just enjoy my friends' varied beauty...:)

I had a 20" waist and a 6-pack until I hit 22 years old. Puberty suddenly hit it seems as I grew 3/4" on top of gaining 40lbs in 6 months or so. My hips chest and shoulders also curved out and I went from straight to curvy.

Strangely enough I prefer my curves and I'm on my journey because I need to be healthier.

Slim does not equal beautiful nor does it equal healthy. Concentrate on your friend's personality and you'll see that what she puts in her mouth just doesn't matter.

Good luck to you both!
  • maycontainjane
    maycontainjane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    200% feel you.

I love love love my best friend but I'm often jealous of her. She has a close-to-perfect body that, if she ate just a little healthier and worked out on the level that I do, would be model-esque.

On the other hand, I'm all wide and thunder-thigh-y despite (mostly) watching what I eat and working out hard 6-7 times a week.

But you gotta look at the positives. I can run four miles, I can do 20 push-ups, I do hundreds of squats. And my friend, god love her, can't do any of that. It doesn't matter to her, so more power to her, but it matters to me and I'm proud of where I am.

Chin up, you're still beautiful and strong! There's more to life than eating junk food and sitting on your booty c:
  • rockinabs3479
    Options
    most my friends envy me, sorry can't help ya.:happy:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just remember you don't see everything they eat, or everything they do.

This.