• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I just log it as "zumba".

"Horizontal Zumba"...my wife came up with that one.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Guys would be making up stuff for the number of minutes they "exercised" for...lol Would never be accurate...

Maybe not. Maybe they're either cheating on their girlfriend/wife, or cheating on their workout.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    I'm waiting for someone to make a joke about eating back exercise calories...
    Well....I read on a thread a few months ago that there is in fact a diary entry for...no delicate way to phrase this, but for semen...
    ZOMG !!! THAT IS HILARIOUS !!! HOW DO U LOG BUSTING A GUT ?!?!?! HILARIOUS !!! LOLZ !!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • rolokong
    rolokong Posts: 4
    Options
    If I remember correctly Sex is supposed to be 144 calories per half hour................lol. I just don't remember where I found it. :blushing:
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I googled it recently. Found an article that said there are too many variables to calculate the calories burned. They also said that generally people don't work hard enough for long enough to amount to many calories. :blushing:

There's a listing on another calorie website and my boyfriend thought it was funny to log it without telling me."
    More or less this. I think 45 minutes of sex burns less than 45 minutes in the mall, sadly.
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i have previously added it myself but for 5 minutes is it worth it lol
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    I once read that The Big O burns one whole calorie. If you're counting on sex for weight loss, you better get busy! :D

(And, for the record, I looked for sex on the exercise list too.)

I looked also, can't find it by it's other name either. "horizontal monkey dance" = No results found.
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    If I remember correctly Sex is supposed to be 144 calories per half hour................lol. I just don't remember where I found it. :blushing:

144 X 7 = 1,008 minutes. OK thanks
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I once read in a fitness magazine that a person who is 150 pounds burns about 140 calories for 30 mins of sex. Obviously, the number will be a little different depending on the person's weight and how much of the work they're actually doing. Personally, I don't count it. I don't count daily activities such as working or housework, so I don't count sex either. =) Hope this info helps.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that would be awesome.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just log it as "zumba".

Interesting..I was seeing a lot of typos out there with other MFP's...now I'll wonder about all those 6 minute Zumba classes or other sessions....if we're not talking typo(s) anymore...... LOL
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel sorry for some of you ladies! 1 minute? 5 minutes? :noway: A quickie every now and then is awesome but I hope they aren't all quickies.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks sex should be listed, lol.
    Especially as vigorous as mine can be!
    I think anything that gets your heart racing and your lungs gasping for breath for 1 to 4 hours should count for something!
    :)

we should talk...soon...
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    I googled it recently. Found an article that said there are too many variables to calculate the calories burned. They also said that generally people don't work hard enough for long enough to amount to many calories. :blushing:

Then they somebody is not doing something right it is a full body workout lol...I have searched for it myself.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I list it as wrestling.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for someone to make a joke about eating back exercise calories...

That's part of the whole activity, no need to double dip...
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel sorry for some of you ladies! 1 minute? 5 minutes? :noway: A quickie every now and then is awesome but I hope they aren't all quickies.

That's too quick even for a quickie!