What music do you exercise to?

Options

Replies

• ChaseMeier
    ChaseMeier Posts: 52
    Options
    I go with whatever gets my blood pumping. Techno, Rock, Metal, and anything else fast and loud.
  • leannmcclain
    Options
    I excerise to music of the Japanese Rock, Japanese Pop genre. I've been into that genre for years. Although, I have no idea what they are saying the music and voices and general get me pumped up. TM Revolution is an artist that I really have started to listen to when I excerise. I just gets me pumped up and it makes my workouts more successful!
    I am also a fan of 80's,90's and early 2000 music!!:smile:
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    In the gym I listen to a mix, but usually one genre at a time.

When running outside(or on treadmill) I crank Foo Fighters- the beat(s) help me keep my pace perfectly!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Everything from Coheed & Cambria to Calvin Harris to Metallica to Tiger Army to Eminem

If its got a beat, it goes on my shuffle
    Bless your heart. I totally forgot about tiger army. Annabel lee was one of my favorite songs when I was younger. That will be great for my playlist

Yeah that is a great song, that album is in my cd player in my car right now, on my work out mix i have quite a few from the "Music From Regions Beyond" album. I have a major crush on Nick 13
  • xbar16
    xbar16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The typical stuff a 49 year old metal head would listen to: Iron maiden; Judas Priest; Metallica; Rush.

Here is the fun part, I am now listening to the rap music. It is filthy. F**king Problems; Like Whaat; Candy Shop.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Has to be d & b with a heavy bass line. The baseline me going
  • Kankalamalini
    Options
    Traditional oriental instrumental music, Indian ragas for yoga & psychedelic rock, doom, sludge, stoner when I go for a run.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Lee Hooker and of course Buddy Guy
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I listen to music that I would listen to in other places (i.e., the car, my home, etc). If I like the music, I like the music. The tempo of a song doesn't determine whether it's good exercise music. I have completed workouts just listening to the same slow ballad on a repeat loop.
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Daft Punk radio, Journey radio
  • Princesamaya
    Options
    House music, Dub step, alternative, and metal.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    thank you for reminding me that i should download some cyndi lauper
  • defen38
    defen38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Metallica or Muse to drown background noise. Baroque/classical when it's quiet.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Operation Ivy
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options
    Today I put my head phones on and began walking on my treadmill as I was singing along with the spice girls! Ok so I admit it, I rock out to spice girls! I even have Cindy Lauper on there. I don't descriminate at all! I even have eminem and creedence clearwater revival on the same playlist. So I propose this question to you. What music gets your blood pumping and makes you want to lace up those shoes? Don't be shy people! I would love some good ideas for my playlists.
    I find that listening to Christian rock while I run is THE most rewarding. I listen to everything else when im in zumba and "sculpting" classes so i take that while i can
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Metal, some rap, some drum & Bass/dubstep, hardcore. Lately HATEBREED has given me the best pumps!
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    linkin park
  • lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My favourite ones when running:

"wild ones" Sia and Flo Rider
    "can't hold us" Macklemore
    "higher ground" Chili Peppers
    "don't you worry child" Sweedish House Mafia
    "feel this moment" Pitbull

I get in to the zone with these ones
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use Fitradio and alternate between the Top 40 and Hip Hop Mixes. It's a great app for keeping my workout music fresh.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Mostly metal and dubstep in the gym lifting heavy weights, for running also, the tempo is up there and it is energetic.