30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ,

Week 2 day 4 yesterday , I ended up so sweaty and on the verge of vomiting :grumble:

Yuck yuck yuck !

I hope it 'll be easier tonight. I am quite surprised I don't feel sore the next morning . May be I am not pushing myself strong enough ?

We can do it guys :flowerforyou:
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 Level 1... it didn't feel as impossible as it did on day 1!
  • Can I join? I did day 1 yesterday because while I run, I need to build up some muscle tone and I haven't done much of anything in months :) Sad part? I only used 2lb weights because I have weak shoulders and need to build up to heavier and my arms and legs are ridiculously sore today!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    Can I join? I did day 1 yesterday because while I run, I need to build up some muscle tone and I haven't done much of anything in months :) Sad part? I only used 2lb weights because I have weak shoulders and need to build up to heavier and my arms and legs are ridiculously sore today!

Definitely ! I can't even use weights of the squats and arm raises in the beginning... and then the one where you squat to the side and raise your arms to eye level and the one where you do lunges and bicep curls I use 2lb weights and it is just enough weight to make it hard but doable... for the one laying on the floor and you bring your arms up I am using 2lb weights also but I feel like I could use more weight. No shame for what you can do... so long as you don't "phone" it and give it your all!!!
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday. Really excited for the results. I'm doing it in the morning (so far) and keeping up with my usual twice weekly spinnning classes, and twice weekly body pump.

Not sure if that's a bit overkill, but we'll see how I get on.

I'm using 1.1kg for the lunges with bicep curls, and the squats and shoulder presses, and the side lunges and shoulder raises. I use 2.3kg for the chest fly.

So day 3 reported of level 1

Work hard!
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I have done level 1 before (ended up going away and never finished level 2). I am currently doing level 1 & 2 daily (have done about 7 days so far and will continue this until I come home from my holiday (next week) then will go onto level 2 and 3 daily until my next holiday in aug. I love it!!

You can get it free on YouTube :)
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    So I met with my Doctor and dietitian today... they both advised me that doing the 30 day shred workouts without any breaks is not a good idea.... they suggested that I do the following:

Level 1: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 2: Monday - Friday for two weeks
    Level 3: Monday - Friday for two weeks

That would give me every Sat/Sunday off... also puts me finishing the program on August 30th... What are your thoughts??
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's really good that you went and spoke with your doctor and your dietician, especially with a workout like 30DS, it's not easy! If your doctor suggested you take a day or two off than I would heed the advice. The most important thing is to listen to your body, you don't want to end up injuring yourself or tweaking a muscle without realizing it. You're getting advice from experts who know you and that is excellent! I usually take at least one rest day a week when I'm working out a lot, just to give my body a break and to heal. Two days is also not a bad idea, but I never do them back to back, usually space out the rest days. Just my thoughts but it's certainly good that you're asking the right questions. :)

I did Level 1 - Day 3 today and admit I was not wanting to do it at all. Glad I did it but I ended up doing half the exercises with the modified version, and I really felt like muting Jillian. For some reason her commentary now annoys me more. LOL
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    It's really good that you went and spoke with your doctor and your dietician, especially with a workout like 30DS, it's not easy! If your doctor suggested you take a day or two off than I would heed the advice. The most important thing is to listen to your body, you don't want to end up injuring yourself or tweaking a muscle without realizing it. You're getting advice from experts who know you and that is excellent! I usually take at least one rest day a week when I'm working out a lot, just to give my body a break and to heal. Two days is also not a bad idea, but I never do them back to back, usually space out the rest days. Just my thoughts but it's certainly good that you're asking the right questions. :)

I did Level 1 - Day 3 today and admit I was not wanting to do it at all. Glad I did it but I ended up doing half the exercises with the modified version, and I really felt like muting Jillian. For some reason her commentary now annoys me more. LOL

Thanks for the advice! It is greatly appreciated :) and I agree with muting her... she drives me crazy... I am pretty sure near the end she has a spot on her crotch that makes her look like she pissed herself... and just before she tells us that he girls don't cheat when she isn't looking she starts to tell us why we work the small muscles in with the big ones and doesn't finish... annoys me hahahahahaha .... tomorrow I am going to pound my beats and mute her... I know the exercises now so I am just going to use her as the timer :)
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options

Thanks for the advice! It is greatly appreciated :) and I agree with muting her... she drives me crazy... I am pretty sure near the end she has a spot on her crotch that makes her look like she pissed herself... and just before she tells us that he girls don't cheat when she isn't looking she starts to tell us why we work the small muscles in with the big ones and doesn't finish... annoys me hahahahahaha .... tomorrow I am going to pound my beats and mute her... I know the exercises now so I am just going to use her as the timer :)

and the music.... don't get me started on their choice of music!! hahahaha looking forward to Day 4 with better music :)
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wish this site had alike button :)
  • victoriatstephens
    Options
    I would like to join if it is not too late.
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    I would like to join as well, have done this previously and had great results so thought I'd do it again - got six weeks til I go on holiday!!

Level 1 day 2 done yesterday and am a bit sore and still, especially my arms. Gonna do it again tonight.

Well done everyone.
  • angtimms
    angtimms Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm up for it, I only managed 4 days before but go on holidays in one month so perfect timing! Will start this afternoon! I have about 30lbs to lose in total, but think this will help me get toned for hols! Please add me guys - looking for like minded friends! :) Good luck all!
  • cjd1029
    cjd1029 Posts: 20
    Options
    Can I join too. I am doing my Day 3 level 3 today. after the first day at level 2 i was aching but worked through it. The plank things are a killer.

I also do a mixture of other work outs like JM's kickboxing cardio which i love, but for some reason i find 30DS so much harder
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have just done day 2 so I will join you xx
  • leaaahxo
    leaaahxo Posts: 4
    Options
    I started on the 22nd, four days in! Add me for support guys, we can do it! :)
  • henry515
    henry515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am at Level 2, Day 10 of the Shred, and will probably stay at this level for a while. It is more intense than Level l, so I am just now able to do some of the moves correctly. By the end of the 20 minutes I am literally crawling on the floor, but it is well worth it! i can definitely see some changes in my body, and I am physically stronger than I was previously. If a 70 year old Grandma can survive the challenge, hey....go for it!! Good luck!! I will be sweating along with you!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7. Anybody shredding can add me.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Always looking for new challenges :)