Walking around the office barefoot

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
I work in a medium size "corporate" office. In the summer months there seems to be an epidemic of people walking around the office without shoes. Not only around the office, but also to the bathroom and back. I can't stand it !! I hate feet. I have gone to my supservisor but she is one of the offending people.

What would you do? Am I overreacting? Do people in your office do the same thing?

Replies

• sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think that is disgusting. I work in an office where a lady does this as well. It is beyond unprofessional!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    People in my office, myself included, do it all the time. But our office is tiny and only has 4 people in it. And to the bathroom? EEEWWWW! No, shoes go on for that.
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Gross and unprofessional IMHO belhhhhh
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I slip my shoes off under the desk, my feet tend to swell when I walk to work in the heat. I always put them back on before I go walking around though.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a rep to maintain here! I'm originally from West Virginia!

But to go into a public restroom? Ewwwwww, that is beyond nasty.
  • gwenette
    gwenette Posts: 39
    Options
    I sit at my desk with my shoes off but as soon as i stand up the shoes go on!! U never know what kind of germs on lurking on the floor!!
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's unprofessional. I can see doing it if it's a small, laid-back company. Or, your the old guy from Mad Man who makes you take off your shoes in his office.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've done it... guilty. Mind you, I have a pair of slippers now under my desk so I can put them on whenever I get up and go anywhere other then to the printer (20 feet away).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Jason+Bateman+no.gif
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    This IS strange. It becomes Not Okay, if everyone is not okay with it.
  • EllenKay63
    Options
    To the lady who posted that she only does it at her desk. I can see that. But the GERMS! No telling what has been dragged in.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    They're feet... 99.99% of humans are born with two of them.

Get over it.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Luckily it is against the rules at my office to be barefoot.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    GROSS!. Take an extra pair of flip flops to work.
  • suzy1003
    suzy1003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    People in my office do it, too!! Several of them...and yes, to the bathroom, too!! I guess they don't realize what is on the bottoms of shoes when we walk outside then inside. The nasty-ness that is probably in the carpets...I NEVER walk barefoot!!! Ugh...the bathroom is what gets me the most, though. Seriously...put shoes on for that, if nothing else!!!
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    no... just no. I don't like feet... that's why I disguise mine with fancy shoes all the time, lol
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I ususally take mine off at my desk, and work around my cubicle with them off, I put them on if someone comes to my desk or I need to get up
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you are not overreacting. It is not only kind of gross but could result in some owies! What if someone stepped on a staple or someone wearing shoes stepped on a toe? Plus if you have that cheap carpet they have in offices it's going to smell like stinky feet really quickly. I remember having to vacuum that kind of carpet at my old job and it just held onto that smell like you wouldn't believe! Plus it doesn't seem like a professional environment if people are walking around barefoot. I mean, unless it's normal in your job, which it doesn't sound like.
  • EllenKay63
    Options
    When did it every become OKAY to be unprofessional?! This is work. Put on your shoes and be a grownup. It is not your home.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wait until its people walking around the office with no pants....