Cayenne pepper diet? Any stories?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is you aren't interested in sustainable results or being healthy.

SOUNDS LEGIT.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    youve-got-to-be-kidding-me-we-are-going-to-revisit-that-topic-again.jpg

^^^ THIS

and I'm currently doing the lamb vindaloo diet. That has cayenne pepper in it.

it's very simple, you lift heavy weights, and eat as much lamb vindaloo and other curried meat and vegetable dishes as you feel your body needs, and you get really strong. I eat other dishes as well, not just vindaloo. But I do love a good curry and can make them with a very high protein content.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the cayenne pepper diet? I have heard a lot about it and want to try it rather than a plain fast...but I am curious if anyone on here has had any success with it or knows somebody who has tried it? I need a fast weight loss program...

I hear it's good if you mix the peppers in with your water during a water fast. The weight just drops right off.

Sure...in a VERY unhealthy metabolism damaging way. Like what I did to myself.

The cayenne pepper lemonade diet fast is not supposed to be a DIET. It is supposed to be a cleanse.

Either way, it is BAD for you.

It just made me HANGRY.

sarcasm_detector.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If ceyenne pepper was a magic secret for weight loss my husband would be as skinny as a runway model. He's not.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Has anyone tried the cayenne pepper diet? I have heard a lot about it and want to try it rather than a plain fast...but I am curious if anyone on here has had any success with it or knows somebody who has tried it? I need a fast weight loss program...

yes, akshully...i do have one.
    once upon a time, there was this girl who struggled with yo-yo dieting. one day, she stumbled upon the "water-fast diet" and miraculously neglected to see it as a yo-yo diet itself. the thought of avoiding calories seemed like the solution! she thought to herself, perhaps i should ask the community filled with success stories of healthy sustainable weight loss.

she did. the responses she received were NOT what she wanted to hear. rather than take the practical advice of calorie deficit and exercise, she sought out to find the next most ridiculous yo-yo diet. she did. once again, she figured she would ask this same community what they thought of her new discovery..."the cayenne pepper diet", and much like the last time, the responses she got were against it.

instead of finally realizing that these diets are silly, she went on to try the cayenne pepper diet.
    it wasnt long before she authored a new thread titled "i've tried everything and cant seem to lose the weight". the first response asked if she had tried a caloric deficit and exercise.

she promptly realized that perhaps she had NOT tried everything. after 2 months of patience and will power, she came back to report that it had worked! the weight was gone!

she lived happily ever after.

the end.

tumblr_m2o22n2IOG1r7b0ono1_400.gif

39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmWp.gif

and this.

Seriously OP, these fads don't work, they're not good for you. Just exercise and eat at a sensible calorie deficit, i.e. less than you burn off, but not too much less, so you get a decent calorie allowance so you can enjoy eating, not feel hungry, not feel deprived, and still lose weight. The weight loss is slower but you stand a much better chance of keeping it off for good, i.e. staying at your goal weight, and you have the added bonus of not having to torture or deprive yourself in the process.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I see no possible downside
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options

once upon a time, there was this girl who struggled with yo-yo dieting. one day, she stumbled upon the "water-fast diet" and miraculously neglected to see it as a yo-yo diet itself. the thought of avoiding calories seemed like the solution! she thought to herself, perhaps i should ask the community filled with success stories of healthy sustainable weight loss.

she did. the responses she received were NOT what she wanted to hear. rather than take the practical advice of calorie deficit and exercise, she sought out to find the next most ridiculous yo-yo diet. she did. once again, she figured she would ask this same community what they thought of her new discovery..."the cayenne pepper diet", and much like the last time, the responses she got were against it.

instead of finally realizing that these diets are silly, she went on to try the cayenne pepper diet.
    it wasnt long before she authored a new thread titled "i've tried everything and cant seem to lose the weight". the first response asked if she had tried a caloric deficit and exercise.

she promptly realized that perhaps she had NOT tried everything. after 2 months of patience and will power, she came back to report that it had worked! the weight was gone!

the end.

39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmWp.gif

Totally lol'd.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Took cayenne pepper pills-- once. And by once I mean one time. The digestive distress was ugly. If you want to feel like your insides are burning...

not something I enjoyed at all. But to each their own.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    If ceyenne pepper was a magic secret for weight loss my husband would be as skinny as a runway model. He's not.

yeah lol.... I'm just thinking of the all the people I've known who regularly consume hot curries and are not terribly thin. You can get really fat eating restaurant curry regularly if you're not meticulous about calorie counts (home made curry is a lot easier to fit in your macros).
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    OP, there's clearly no point in trying to convince you otherwise. Yesterday you got a lot of sensible, informative answers from many people on here that have successfully lost weight and kept it off, yet you've completely ignored them and come back to this,

Go ahead and do it and stop wasting our time.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    True Story- about 6 months ago legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen tried it and almost died from diverticulitis (hopefully spelled correctly.) Please do NOT do this.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

the end.

There is so much right with this response. :drinker:
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Somehow the first half of your username seems somewhat apropos, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it was a water fast, today it's cayenne pepper.

Which redonkulous method will be the topic for tomorrow?

tapeworm-diet-300x202.jpg
    diet-old1.jpg
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options

In Mexico we eat a lot of spicy food, including but not inclusive cayenne pepper...

Mexico Obesity Rate Surpasses The United States', Making It Fattest Country In The Americas:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/mexico-obesity_n_3567772.html

I think something is not right in this picture... hmmmm Oh yeah...
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sure...in a VERY unhealthy metabolism damaging way. Like what I did to myself.

The cayenne pepper lemonade diet fast is not supposed to be a DIET. It is supposed to be a cleanse.

Either way, it is BAD for you.

It just made me HANGRY.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

*giggle snort* Yep!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    LOL you're funny spacey :wink:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OP, there's clearly no point in trying to convince you otherwise. Yesterday you got a lot of sensible, informative answers from many people on here that have successfully lost weight and kept it off, yet you've completely ignored them and come back to this,

Go ahead and do it and stop wasting our time.

^yep.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I say - do it. While you're at it, eat a tape worm. JEESH! Bad ideas all around.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cleanses and detoxing, which is what that is - and a bad one, are not about weight loss, they're about giving your body a break from processed foods and things. Whatever weight you lose, you will gain back.

If you actually care about your body and health, you need to gain knowledge on them, because the idea that you are doing it to lose weight shows that you aren't educated on them.

All you need to do IF you are into the detox thing, a very unpopular thing on these forums (I regurlarly indulge in a detox however)), is eat well, lots of good, healthy foods, loads of fresh vegetables and fruits, organic and fresh eggs and meat if you eat them, mind your salts, get healthy fats. Basically eat well and exercise, and if you feel bad, take a day off normal eating and eat only fruits and vegetables. That day off is generally all the detox you need to clear your mind and body.