Where do you want to be 3 months or a year from now?

Options

Replies

• LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    In 3 months I would like to have lost somewhere between 5 to 7kg. In a year's time I would like to have reached target weight of about 60kg by losing a total of 23kg.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    gracing the pages of a fitness or Maxim magazine....
  • paulethington
    paulethington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :laugh: If I lost any more weight, I'd become anorexic. I am about at my marathon weight from about 10 years ago. exercise and diet, i thought i was getting old and with a slowed metabolism destined to be old, fat and slow. I went to my doctor and and he said I had lost 30 lbs. 80 lbs total now. I am a big husky guy and since i am in the normal ranges in weight and BMI, I don't want to change but maintain. The only time I wore smaller pants was when I was playing 3 hrs of basketball in college (in the 60's). I have gone from 2X shirts to large. expensive to get a whole new wardrobe. Hope the best of luck to everyone else who is on the road.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I will hopefully be at my goal weight (I have 16 lbs to go), and from then on I plan to maintain my weight and tone by lifting heavy things.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it's a little scary (but exciting) to sneak a glimpse of what will be.... I've never been slim and healthy in my entire life and knowing that I can and will get there is a little overwhelming at times.

In 3 months, I'd love to have lost at least another 12 lbs, and at 1 lb a week, I can't see why this isn't achievable (as I'm averaging 2lb a week now). And would you believe I need exactly 12 lbs to reach ONEderland. :-D I also have a family wedding at end of October, so I want to be rocking whatever dress I end up in and surprising everyone who hasn't seen me in a year. I can't wait to shop for a dress that isn't plus size.

In a year, I'd love to be at maintenance and I know that there's nothing to stop me from being there. I don't even know what my end goal is yet. I've set it for now to sneak into a "normal" bmi and then I'll see where I am once I get there.

Isn't it exciting to see what's around the corner......... :flowerforyou:
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread!!

In three months I plan to be well under 200 (12.5 pounds til onderland)!!!

One year from now I will be at or under my Goal weight (135)!!!!
  • sharon75uk
    sharon75uk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I want to have almost lost another 14lbs. I started on 10th June and have lost 12lbs so far.
  • olasmiles
    olasmiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Instead of where do you WANT to be in 3 months, ask where do you SEE YOURSELF in 3 months??

I'm exactly the type of person who let's "can't" and "not" control me. I've been unsuccessfully trying to lose weight and keep weight off. I didn't want it bad enough then. Now, I have a picture of myself in my mind, the size I was in 10th grade, except super toned, with more confidence, better posture, and a bigger smile. I see myself turning heads and stopping hearts when I walk in a room. That's what I see 6 months or a year from now.

In 3 months, I CAN lose about 30 lbs. I can lose more if I work harder. In 3 months, I'll be able to see a real difference in my body, and be wearing at least one size smaller if not two. In 3 months, I see myself running. I want to be the type of person who can get up at 6 in the morning and go on a jog/run for half an hour. Right now, there's no way I can do that. In 3 months, I see it happening.

MFP is the best thing that ever happened to my body. It's because of you guys that I can see myself that way in 3-6-12 months!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    still pregnant and then nursing a healthy baby and trying to learn how to be a Mom and healthy
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    3 months:

I've been struggling ever since my son was born to get back on track, so I'd like for the next 3 months to be solid consistency as far as my eating habits and workouts go.

1 year: I'd like to be close to my goal weight (150ish).
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    3 months... I'd like to be exercising regularly and without excuses. I'd like to be well on track to eating properly and not resorting to junk food.

In a year... I am going to be at LEAST 60 pounds lighter and training for the September Tough Mudder with my boyfriend and his brother's team! I will be able to run at LEAST 5K.
  • nomadlady7
    nomadlady7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I hope to have reached goal weight (less than 10 pounds to go) before running my first marathon in over 15 years. I hope to get and keep my training on track after my recent knee surgery and stay injury free. (Keep getting hurt doing stupid things.) I would love to match my fastest time for a marathon, but that was 30 years ago, so that may not be realistic, but it race was on trails and I'll be running roads. I'm hoping that once I start clocking the longer runs again that I drop some weight and keep it off.

A year from now, I hope to be maintaining goal weight and running well. When my running has been going well, the rest of my life seems to fall into place. Would like other parts of my life to improve...
  • Anna7595
    Anna7595 Posts: 38
    Options
    In three months, I'd like to be 25 lbs smaller.
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great question - and Great pictures of before and after - and I haven't seen them - GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! In 3 months - I picture a different person - someone who has lost 25 lbs - Actually my picture is 4 months out - My birthday Nov 15 - The last time I weighed 25 lbs less than I do now - was at least 15 years ago - I can't wait - but the weight is SLOWLY coming off - VERY slowly - But I'm working at it - These next 3 months REQUIRE more exercise - moving form 30 min on the treadmill to 60 and 5 days a week -
    I'm right behind you - Watch for my before and after - on Nov 15 !!!
  • andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS TOTALLY GOT THIS!!!!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    3 months from now, I would like to fit COMFORTABLY into a size 16. It's been a rough journey, but I have not given up. You look awesome!
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I would like to be 30 pounds lighter and half way finished all the crap I need to do to move to New York. :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I want to reach my goal weight!!! Here's hoping :wink:
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    in three months i want to be close to or at the goal i set for halloween - 189 - so i can reward myself with a fun costume and festivities. :)

i a year, i hope to be at my goal weight, and running faster and farther than i ever have.
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    In the next three months i want to finally reach my GW and lose the last stubborn 5lbs. After that i will be burning the scale and really focusing on weight training and working on my endurance running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!