Replies

• soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart in the sports section
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I read about them in New Rules of Lifting Supercharged and finally grabbed one out of the corner of the stretch area in my gym. Makes a world of difference! I use one after every lifting session it almost totally eliminates soreness that night and the morning after. Although rolling out my quads after squat day does look like a scene from Skinamax... minus the bad musak
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've been stalling to get one because all the ones I see are $30+... but I need one so bad for my hip flexors
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a few times and got nothing from it. The one I have now just takes up space. But then again the fact that a professional masseuse has not been able to do anything for me either should probably have been an indicator that a foam roller definitely wouldn't.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I read about them in New Rules of Lifting Supercharged and finally grabbed one out of the corner of the stretch area in my gym. Makes a world of difference! I use one after every lifting session it almost totally eliminates soreness that night and the morning after. Although rolling out my quads after squat day does look like a scene from Skinamax... minus the bad musak

This. I just discovered foam rollers and I use it after every lift session and it is amazing. And completely agree with the rolling out quads. I was doing it at the gym last night and I'm pretty sure the guy next to me was scared to look over at me because he had no idea what I was doing.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me! My legs get a battering from running/HIIT/circuit training so it really helps to iron out the knots! Soooo painful sometimes though!
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really need to start doing this, one of my verts in my T-spine is out of place. I have been trying to find a good one to use any suggestions?
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Love my foam roller. I got mine from Amazon and it has a piece of PVC pipe in the middle surrounded by foam, it holds it shape really well.

I also use a tennis ball to get the knots out from under my scapula, works great.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Foam roller, lacrosse balls (it helps to have 2 available for some muscles), and voodoo bands. All amazing for tissue prehab/rehab.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There is no pain like foam rolling quads a day or two after high rep squats.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a few times and got nothing from it. The one I have now just takes up space. But then again the fact that a professional masseuse has not been able to do anything for me either should probably have been an indicator that a foam roller definitely wouldn't.

try a LAX ball or a tiger tail- rumbler roller would be your next best bet.

For those not familar with it- just youtube or google self myofascial release- that will get you the information you need.
  • thepiratemd
    Options
    I'm joining the foam roller group this afternoon

Target has one for $24. reviews say it's a good product, but mention it's a bit stiff and gets taking used to.

OK I admit there will be pain but I'll stick with it and I cant wait to roll out some of this lactic acid