looking for honest users

Options

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who once burned 9,999 calories by "flying." Her integrity in impeccable. Do not doubt her. #freeyoovie
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you use the website how it best suits you. If looking at other people's diaries upsets you... don't. I tend not to. The only person my diary is open to is my 13 year old daughter. This is so I can monitor her intake and make sure she is eating enough food and not starving herself. I have no desire to know what anyone else is doing. I just cheer them on when they succeed at meeting their goals. My daughter and I will just plod along eating mainly healthy, whole foods, doing moderate exercise and not worrying about whether others think we are over/under exercising, over/under eating, eating too much carbs/protien/fat/junk food, etc. Everyone has an opinion about everything but it is not always helpful for our journey. We will do it our way and celebrate with you as you do it your way. Don't worry about people who cheat, they are only cheating themselves. Do your own thing and do it well! :smile:
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    I wear a BodyMedia, which I consider to be pretty accurate, so I never need to worry about overestimating.

Even when I ran a marathon, my burn for the day was only 4,640. :laugh:

i love my body bugg and was amazed at how off MFP and the cardio machines at the gym were at calculating calories burned ....i figured this can't work if my numbers are off !!
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    I dont mind if people look at my diary thats why its open but i dont look at other most of the time because everyone is different and the choices they make are theres. If they choose to log 3500 cals burned during their bike ride then they hurt themselves, it has no impact on me
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I understand the ridiculousness, but when MFP users lie on their diaries, they only to themselves. It doesn't affect you really, does it?

BOOM!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I agree, some people are putting ridiculous numbers. I want to get an HRM to see the exact amount of calories I burn, but they're so pricey :/ Anyways, agreed! Only a couple of my friends exaggerate the amount of calories burned.

Walmart. $50. Love mine :)
  • Tamekia770
    Tamekia770 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of crazy post but for me I stay true to me, a lot of people are on here just for an applause so they post outlandish workouts or lie about what they have taken in for the day, but it is fine, the only one they are hurting is themselves, let it ride.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree, some people are putting ridiculous numbers. I want to get an HRM to see the exact amount of calories I burn, but they're so pricey :/ Anyways, agreed! Only a couple of my friends exaggerate the amount of calories burned.

I know, I have seen them about $650!!

My Polar FT4 HRM was $65.00 on Amazon and it definitely shows lower calories burned.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Cheapest price I've seen yet, Walmart it is. Thank you! :)

Also, I'm a college student (in other words, I'm kinda broke), but I'm really committed to losing weight. $50 would usually be too much for me, but should I get it anyways? Is it a wise investment into my weight loss journey?
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My hackles really don't get raised until cleaning the house gets logged. Then I raise my hackles.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If the calories burned on the MFP website are greatly exaggerated, I don't know how I managed to lose 40 pounds in a little over a year and have been maintaining since December. I'm a 57 year old woman without a fitbit or any other way to guage my burns other than this and other websites. It's worked for me.
  • getbackto12
    Options
    Totally with you on that!
    If I'm unsure, then I up the calories to be on the safe side - as at the end of the day you're only kidding yourself if you abuse the idea of the website. Which is to aid in the monitoring of your fitness goals!
  • OnShiplessOceans
    Options
    I am honest about the things I eat, and I just made a new account. I rarely exercise, though. I walk up and down my street about twice a week, sometimes three times a week. Mostly, I just watch my calories and that seems to work for me. It might not work for others, but it works for my body. I just think it is important not to criticize others and just support them. But I do see something wrong if you are taking diet pills and throwing up after you eat. I would not be able to support that.

Hello, everyone! I hope your diets are going well!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Since they are only truly accurate for steady state cardio, I would say it depends on how much steady state cardio you do. If your exercise consists of things like weight lifting and HIIT they still aren't especially accurate. They also aren't accurate for daily wear. But if you are doing long sessions of steady state cardio several times per week, it may be a good investment.

Cheapest price I've seen yet, Walmart it is. Thank you! :)

Also, I'm a college student (in other words, I'm kinda broke), but I'm really committed to losing weight. $50 would usually be too much for me, but should I get it anyways? Is it a wise investment into my weight loss journey?
  • LilithNoor
    LilithNoor Posts: 42
    Options
    My hackles really don't get raised until cleaning the house gets logged. Then I raise my hackles.

I don't log anything that I count as part of a standard day (so no logging cooking, walks to and from the water cooler, laundry, bleaching the loo etc).

However, I clean house about once in a blue moon, so when I do do it, I feel it deserves logging, because it's bloody hard work when you have that much dust to evict!
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh yep, i'm with you on this - i do an epic clean once in a blue moon too! Its definely getting logged!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    anyone, feel free to add me. i eat normal foods and exercise in spurts. when i start playing basketball in the fall i will have bigger burns but normally i don't log my exercise. good luck to you!
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    im honest in my logging :) and very active!! or I try to be
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hard to figure out if I'm doing something wrong if I'm not honest in my logging.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The numbers don't lie as long as you don't lie about your numbers.--KG