MAD, ANNOYED, DISCOURAGED! HELP!

Options
Ok... my cals are set at 1700. Today for breakfast I had ONE BOWL of rice krispies with 2% milk. For lunch I had 3 grilled chicken tenders, a baked potato, some salad and a slice of toast. For supper I had 2 more bowls of rice krispies with 2% milk and about 3 tablespoons of peanut butter. I know it probably sounds like a lot but it's NOT especially when you are on your feet working all day at the local pharmacy! I am over and I know it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hungry now!!!! ANY TIPS????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Quit eating processed cereals 2 meals a day?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Quit eating puffed rice cereal expecting to not be hungry?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

oh crap, beat me to it :laugh:
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Change cereals. Try Fiber One, or Kashi, or something else with higher fiber and less calories. You'll feel full longer with more fiber. Buy some fruit for snacks. Berries are in season right now. Instead of spoonfuls of peanut butter, eat ONE spoonful and substitute some reduced fat string cheese.
  • r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say without seeing your diary, but I would at the least recommend eating foods to keep you full, take a look at my diary if you want im eating a ton more than you and staying under 1700 easily
  • shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are really filling. May be a good idea to pack some sliced apples and bring a lil peanut butter to work. Works for me ;)
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Agree with others that you should STOP eating Rice Krispies twice a day. Replace it with some eggs, spinach, vegetables, carrots, apples, or something that will help you actually eat for a purpose. That purpose, to meet your goals and to stop taking you further away from them.
  • smokingbow
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and I truly understand. Patience and consistency will win the hunger fight. Wanting to eat the wallpaper is NOT an option. Get your mind BACK in the game and realize being a healthy weight tastes better than ICE CREAM.
  • Deejae2013
    Deejae2013 Posts: 14
    Options
    I doesn't seem like you had the 1700 calories today. I have found that cereal in general make you hungrier when you eat it alone. I have gotten the same information from other people. You also need to have more variety, 2 bowls of cereal for dinner is not a good balance...
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options

THIS.

Scramble a couple of eggs instead, or fry them in a non-stick pan with a tiny spritz of cooking spray. Have some grilled chicken, or tuna packed in water, or some fresh broiled fish, some steamed broccoli or green beans. There are a lot more satisfying foods, and some of them are cheaper than processed cereal. I think you'd be better off with instant oatmeal than rice crispies, especially from a hunger standpoint.

Also, ditch the 2%. If you think you don't like skim, buy the organic kind. It's more expensive but totally worth it.

You had 300 cals in peanut butter *alone*. There's nothing "wrong" with peanut butter. It's delicious and can be filling, but you could make quite a meal out of other, bulkier whole foods.

If time is a big concern, Steamfresh pouches are awesome for veggies and even rice. One of my favorite quick lunches is a Steamfresh brown & wild rice with broccoli and carrots (about half the bag) with some fully-cooked frozen chicken breast strips or a pouch of tuna. The chicken can run a little high in sodium, but if that's not a huge concern for one meal, I highly recommend it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Actually have a meal instead of rice crispies.

And ditto to the 300 cal of peanut butter - it is tasty and good for you, but if you are staying hungry you can spend those calories much more wisely.
  • Deejae2013
    Deejae2013 Posts: 14
    Options
    I also, want to say that if you would preplan a little for your meals, it would keep you balanced. Decide on a better breakfast, take a good lunch or plan to eat something good. Eat one of the frozen prepared meals, like weight watchers, smart ones, lean cuisine. Take fruit and find some 100 calorie snack for the craving...
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    522 calories of Rice Crispies and milk .....
    522 calories of good quality protein, fat and vegetables will get you a lot more satiated - and I guaranteed you will not be starving!!

Look at my diary here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Elleinnz?date=2013-06-19

200 gram protein (7oz), butter, olive oil and 3 portions of vegetables = 580 calories
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How about working out?
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* dont eat food thats processed to be full of air..... nutrient dense food. Multigrains/brown/linseed bread, lentils, quinoa, brown rice and let me make it clear VEGETABLES! 1 cup of some veges is like 50 cals...thats what will full you up.

Good luck....ditch the krispies.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    what everyone else said... I rarely eat cereal these days, it just doesn't fill me and isn't worth it... 29-31g of cereal isn't much. lol
    my go to breakfast is plain greek yogurt (fage usually) and a bit of granola for some crunch, i like natures path vanilla almond flaxseed and Kind granolas are yummy too, or I make my own.
  • chelc1105
    chelc1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Quit eating cereal, its full of crap :) I really like almond butter on toast for breakfast. But i would suggest eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and maybe spreading your meals out a bit (maybe eat 4-5 times a day) and making them smaller.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    This...
    Quit eating puffed rice cereal expecting to not be hungry?
    ....this....
    Fruits and veggies are really filling.........
    ...and this. Eat some freaking veggies for goodness sakes. Some fiber will help you stay full. Some protein would do the same as well... unprocessed, REAL protein.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    For some reason that doesn't actually seem like a lot of food to me. I am guilty of eating cereal any time of day but I don't necessarily find it problematic to eat by itself, unlike others mentioned.

I think maybe the spacing out of your protein is part of the problem? Maybe swap one of the chicken breasts in for b-fast or swap your breakfast out entirely. Oatmeal + berries, omelette with veggies, something maybe a tad more filling if you're super active throughout the day. And don't forget to bring a good snack with you to curb your hunger :) I would say load up on water but frankly, that doesn't trick my brain - my belly might be sloshing with water but my brain is still like "LOL that's not food, idiot, grab something else!". I still have to work on that bit ;)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like 1700 calories to me. I eat 1600-1700 & get a lot more than that, even with some of my "junk" calories