Why is beer so good?

Options
13»

Replies

• KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing people saying to fit your beer consumption into your daily calories...I've got my goal set to only lose 1 pound a week but unless I'm drinking the ****ty low cal beer, MFP explodes when I enter in my beer consumption! Beer to me is like chips..you cant' just have one. On a Friday or Saturday night having 12 beers is pretty normal for me... I am only 26. How the heck are people working this into their calorie count!?
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    First off, this:
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
    Second off, I am a low carb, high fat, primal/paleo eater and I still drink beer. But I choose to do it, I know I'm breaking my diet and I find ways to offset it later on. But look, when I go to the pub at the Redhook Brewery, I am not gonna have a vodka/soda.

So, about once every two weeks I have a couple pints of really good beer. And then in between if I want a drink I have a vodka and soda. But every couple weeks I indulge that love of beer and I refuse to drink something crappy like coors light.

That's my advice. And a side note, if you are using the 80/20 rule for your health & fitness ideal plan, you are gonna do pretty good and you are gonna have a way easier time sticking with it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing people saying to fit your beer consumption into your daily calories...I've got my goal set to only lose 1 pound a week but unless I'm drinking the ****ty low cal beer, MFP explodes when I enter in my beer consumption! Beer to me is like chips..you cant' just have one. On a Friday or Saturday night having 12 beers is pretty normal for me... I am only 26. How the heck are people working this into their calorie count!?

By not drinking 12 beers at a time? Stick to one or two good craft beers instead. Quality over quantity. If I'm gonna drink more, I adjust for it with my diet and exercise to limit the damage.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting married soon! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Another fan of miller 64! I like Samuel Adams black sometimes too! I think that is a seasonal one. :drinker:
  • BiancaMarie819
    BiancaMarie819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh god I can't wait for football season! Granted we're not drinking stella artois and michelob's but shotguning natty-lites at fraternity tailgates. this season is gonna be rough
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Quality over quantity! One does not drink 12 oatmeal stouts! :D That and 2 years of working on boats and not being able to drink much has killed my tolerance. And hangovers at 27 are way more horrible than hangovers from 21-26!
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You can have beer, just have less. I try to only drink one per day if necessary to have one at all. I know if I can do it, then you can. Because I love beer so much that I started making my own.
  • Lesleyann56
    Options
    I hate beer but LOVE white wine, which has just as many calories and it's very difficult to stop at just one glass. I have cut down a lot and probably only drinking one bottle over the week, compared to 3 or 4!
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Quality over quantity you say... I should give this a try. Although I find it difficult to limit myself to just a few once I've had a few and when I'm at a party or function where alcohol is being served. Guess that's my age showing...
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

am a huge football fan!!! huge. I always plan my Sundays with what kind of football food I want to eat - and its always Bloody Mary Sunday in my house!!! This will be the first football season that I am REALLY watching my intake - so I think I may have to add an extra workout or two to make up for my Sundays....
  • dtoms10
    dtoms10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know, me too! We go a little crazy for football season--and who wants to go to a bar and drink vodka soda and eat a salad?