What sucks about My Fitness Pal!

Options

Replies

• McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    Apparently, my work blocks ads. I don't see any. The only think I would like to see different is with logging your running. There is no choice for 10.5 or 11 minute mile. For some reason, you can choose a 10 minute mile and an 11.5 minute mile. I'm consistently a 10.5 or 11 minute miler, both of which I can't choose. Why MFP? WHY??????
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Can't "multi-select" on computer, but you can on your phone. :grumble:
    Can't read the Community Forums on your phone, but you can on your computer. :grumble:
    No history (other than the graph) of how much weight you lost within certain dates. :grumble:
    When making comments, the curser doesn't automatically go in the box. (Just being my lazy self..I want the curser in the box as soon as I click "Comment"..) :grumble:

1 If you mean food items then you can click the boxes down the side of items and choose add checked.
    2 Depends on your phone, I can on my Galaxy s4, I use the Opera app.
    3 Go to weigh in and edit previous entries, every weigh in is there
    4 Don't be lazy :wink:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    The labeling of food as clean/dirty sucks. That is all.

^ this.
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I tend to use my phone for most of my interaction with MFP but I can't access the forums or profiles from my iphone.

Also, if someone has customised their diary, I only get the first 4 groups of food entries under 'Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, no matter how they've listed them. So if they have food entries under further groups, I can't see them in their diary.

I also get annoyed at the constant syncing issues between fitbit and MFP.

But other than that I love it! I'm now on my 668th consecutive day :-)
  • cricketcricket
    Options
    I strongly suggest downloading an adblocker :) . If you're using Firefox, just get Adblock Plus. Works for me. I see people complaining about ads on Facebook, or OKCupid, or MFP or whatever, and it always surprises me because I literally never see those ads. I'm sure there are similar options for Chrome and IE, I'm just not sure what they are.

Check it out! :D
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    use an ad blocker?
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Apparently, my work blocks ads. I don't see any. The only think I would like to see different is with logging your running. There is no choice for 10.5 or 11 minute mile. For some reason, you can choose a 10 minute mile and an 11.5 minute mile. I'm consistently a 10.5 or 11 minute miler, both of which I can't choose. Why MFP? WHY??????

McGruber - you can add your own exercises! I have a whole list of running speeds added to my exercises. Go to the Exercise tab, select 'My Exercises' and then click 'Create Exercise'. Enter the data of your run from your HRM or whatever you use to log, and voila.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The labeling of food as clean/dirty sucks. That is all.

^^This! You're either eating nutritiously or not.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Three words ---> CHROME AD BLOCKER

/thread
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't get any ads, because I have an ad blocker. :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    No, just how I find it ironic that junk food ads are often on MFP.
    And second, clean eating is eating all good nutritous foods

Pizza is nutritious. And good.

Protein , carbs and fats . Throw some veggies on and WHOOP you even have a micro nutrient packed meal . No one said eat 10 slices
  • susiesweets
    Options
    This is so not true. I never look up weight watchers Brownies or Dominoes on my computer or the current ad for "Group Power- Auto Insurance from Met Life" and yet these ads are plastered all over my screen. I don't get HeartBurn and look up TUMS antacids but they are featured to my right. It's just companies buying advertisement space where they know the people who use their products will see them. People concerned about their fitness / weight are likely to be eating Pizza, Brownies, Cookies, want to buy into the "Exercise free weight loss programs" Dr. Oz approved weight loss pill, etc. That's all.
  • cschaub01
    cschaub01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate that MFP does not allow tracking of specific diets- like 80 10 10 pr Paleo...and it does not track micronutrients. They sgould look at Chronometer.com and emulate!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Maybe you guys should get ad block pro. It's a plugin for FireFox or Chrome.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that people don't realize that MFP can't control the ads. I find it ironic that people think they can never have pizza again for the rest of their lives. I find it ironic that people think ads are sabotage. Just stating random facts (or not facts because they are my opinion) without really considering if I am using the word ironic properly in a sentence. Carry on.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    pizza is delicious and i want some.

Me too! PIZZA! It's what's for dinner...and lunch...and sometimes breakfast.
  • alexandriapatton
    alexandriapatton Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What I don't like is that MFP counts all sugars the same. Whether I eat a bunch of fruit or a bunch of brownies, it counts it the same. Obviously fruit is better, but 2 cups of watermelon is over 40 sugars, and it puts me in the red. MFP makes me feel guilty about eating fruits. I'm to the point where I'm just not even going to log the fruits that I eat....
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer for everyone, hurrah! :drinker: :drinker:

What sucks is when people whinge about a FREE site. Just sayin'. :flowerforyou:
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Here's a recent one for me:

MFPer makes a post on their wall whining about how people send them hate mail when they get deleted.
    I delete this person.
    They send me hate mail.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Mine has a cell phone ad and tums...haha I'm a smooth talker :laugh:

A lot of times it still gives me Vegas Vaca deals even though I have been back for like 3 months. :)