1wk after my tummy-tuck after 257lbs lost...

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    You will never regret this surgery!! I'm sooooo happy for you! I had a full body tuck after losing 100lbs 12 years ago... best thing I EVER did for myself!
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Amazing! Holy wow! That is just so inspiring. Congratulations and I wish you the best!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Wow!!! Congrats!!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    So awesome. I have lost 205 pounds and maintained that loss (minus a pregnancy in the middle) for three years. I am sooooo wanting the tummy tuck but I think I would be pleased with just the paniculectomy at this point! Amazing job on your weight loss.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Congrats on a successful loss and the surgery. You truly are a whole new person.
  • ErinShannon
    ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
    Wow - absolutely outstanding! Congratulations!

And a "shout-out" from a fellow "Maineiac" LOL! :-)
  • greeneyedlinly
    greeneyedlinly Posts: 1 Member
    you have given me hope that I can get to my goal. When I started not on this program I was 349, now I weigh 288 witch is a huge difference. However I need to weigh 110-120 for my ultimate goal and since you did it I think I can make it as well. Way to go you are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Congratulations! I had a tummy tuck a few years back and I took the herb Arnica Montana sublingually to help reduce swelling. My doctor felt it made a huge difference and sped up my recovery. You might want to ask your doctor about it.

Unfortunately, I did gain weight after my surgery and I can tell you that this is NOT something you want to do. With the skin that was removed your body will not handle any gain the same and you'll blow up in heretofore unaffected areas. It's not pretty! So, keep up your good work and you'll be set for life. Congrats again!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Congrats on your awesome weight loss and recent plastic surgery. I am looking into plastic surgery now too due to loose skin. I have an informational appointment this Monday. The cost is the big thing since I will be self pay since my health insurance will not cover it. My upper arms bother me the most since I work out and do weights and have muscle definition but then there is that hanging loose upper arm skin! UGH! I like to have my upper arms done, tummy, butt, upper thighs and breast lift done but after adding up the costs for all that it would be close to $40,000! I guess instead of making a car payment I can be making plastic surgery payments! LOL!
    Congrats again. You are doing great!
    I worry most about the drains with the plastic surgery too! I heard they hurt when they remove them. Friend me if you like and let me know how you are doing !
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Holy! That is incredible!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    I'm glad to hear of your success, and that you are so happy with the results!!!

I'm looking forward to many years of enjoying my new, "Lite" body! :-)

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • Bootjockey
    Hey Erin!

Good to hear from a fellow Mainiac!!!

Thank-you, I really appreciate it!

"Friend" me, or message me, if you like, I'm curious to know where in Maine you are!

Best,

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Hi GreenEyedLinl!!!

That's so nice of you to say! You can reach your goal, I -KNOW- you can!!! All you have to do is stay focused, make your decision that every day you are going to do your best, not beat yourself up on those days you don't do so well, and then start again the next day.

Never give up!!!

Keep up the great work! Add me to your Friends list if you like! You can do that here, and if you do, I'll send you a link to my FB page so you can stay in touch there too.

Have a great day!

-David
    -257lbs
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Oh wow! Happy healing! I wish you the best!
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Wow!!! That is fu#@ing amazing!!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Truly an inspiration!! Congrats on your -257lbs loss!!
  • Bootjockey
    Hi there!

Thank-you! Is the herb Arnica Montana something you can buy just over the counter? I've never heard of it.

I'll certainly do my best to keep the weight off...I was over 450, and I can't imagine going back to that lifestyle, ever, again. I really do NOT want that, and I see this as a chance to keep my lifestyle on track. :_)

Thanks again!

Have a rockin' day!

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    That is such an awesome accomplishment!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Do you know how long it is before a person is able to swim after the surgery? I want to get it done when I am finished losing and have been in maintenance, but I am a swimmer and just wonder what the time frame is.

It would suck to come unstitched in the water.

By the way, great loss and a great FB page, I "liked" it.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    That is absolutely amazing! Well done! You are truly inspirational!