When do you log?

Options
What works for you guys? I seem to always log first thing so I know how my day is planned food wise.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I log in the morning as well, including exercise.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I log all my food in the AM, I like to plan in advance
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i tend to log after i finish a meal or a snack.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I log first thing in the morning too, that way I can plan my meals and know my limitations for the day. I like to plan in advance as well!
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I log my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the day so I know just how many calories I have left for dinner.
    I only log my exercise after I get it done.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch and snacks first thing in the morning, dinner as soon as I know what we're having. I the plan changes, I do my best to log before I eat it. Nothing worse than eating something you think is in your limits then getting a nasty surprise.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I log the night before or even sometimes days before (depending the day, if it's a fast day or no). And if I change, I'll be adapting the day before I eat the changes...

I like having my days planned.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

This is my approach as well.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

This^^
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Same... I understand the concept to pre-logging food, but to me it makes more sense to do it as I go.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I log my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the day so I know just how many calories I have left for dinner.

Same. I usually decide what I'm gonna do for dinner once I get home from work, so I pre-log breakfast, lunch and snacks either first thing in the morning or the night before.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I log all the food I know I am going to have in advance. This way I know how much room I have for extras. Perfect example: I know what I'm making for dinner tonight, and I know that I want to make chocolate banana milkshakes for dessert, I pre logged that stuff and then saw how much I had left for lunch and possibly wine with dinner. I find that this helps me make the best choices and stick to what I log.

ETA: I don't consider lunch an "extra" but I always go to the same place for lunch and they have a lot of delicious and unhealhty choices along with healthier items so this way I know what my options are for lunch. The wine with dinner is an "extra."
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I typically log in the AM for what I have planned, and then adjust as needed. For exercise, I usually log after I'm done, unless it's a definite, such as a charity walk or a fitness class. Today I didn't bring much with me to work though, so I'm logging as I go, since I know what dinner will be.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I log as I go too, except for things like milk etc which I'll use thru' the day.
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log breakfast and lunch in the morning and exercise as I go, then decide what I am going to eat for dinner from there
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    mariabraceyrobinson Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I log as the day progresses. If I packed a lunch, I put that in, in the morning, like i did today.
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

THIS
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I log during the food prep or more likely during the serving.
    I rarely pre-plan anything that has to do with my body.
  • khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I pre-log as well. I only go to the grocery store once a week, so knowing what I'm eating for the next week helps for planning that. This does mean I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch day to day in a week...I'm pretty boring but don't mind it.
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Same... I understand the concept to pre-logging food, but to me it makes more sense to do it as I go.