Parents let their kids eat trash?

Options

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The more I see of this train wreck of a thread, the more thankful I am that I decided to be child-free!
    It's probably for the best!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The more I see of this train wreck of a thread, the more thankful I am that I decided to be child-free!

LMAO! Same here!
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Or go to a restaurant that doesn't allow kids, if it bothers you so much.

Do these exist? I know I personally have never seen a restaurant that has a blanket "no kids allowed" policy. I've listened to children screaming at restaurants where dinner is $75/plate and there is no kids menu...explain that one to me?!

On a side note, don't hit kids...I might grumble under my breath within earshot of the parents but that's about as far as I go...

www.google.com

Point conceded...although upon searching at least two of the restaurants that popped up have allowed children in .

Apparently I should start eating at the bar :wink: Then at least I can drown my annoyance away...jokes :laugh:
  • rachseby
    Options

Do these exist? I know I personally have never seen a restaurant that has a blanket "no kids allowed" policy. I've listened to children screaming at restaurants where dinner is $75/plate and there is no kids menu...explain that one to me?!

On a side note, don't hit kids...I might grumble under my breath within earshot of the parents but that's about as far as I go...

There are movie theaters and restaurants where I live where there are strict no-kids policies. Some of them are even 21+ only.

That's awesome for where you live.

Unfortunately where I live there is only one place which is a movie/dinner theater that is 21+ Fridays and Saturdays only. There are no other places with that policy and it's really unfortunate when I'm at a really nice/expensive restaurant and my dinner is ruined by children.
    Applebee's is not a really nice/expensive restaurant...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

There are movie theaters and restaurants where I live where there are strict no-kids policies. Some of them are even 21+ only.

Unfortunately where I live there is only one place which is a movie/dinner theater that is 21+ Fridays and Saturdays only. There are no other places with that policy and it's really unfortunate when I'm at a really nice/expensive restaurant and my dinner is ruined by children.

The solution is probably to remove children from society all together.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

The solution is probably to remove children from society all together.

By George I think you've got it!!:laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Oh I'm sorry. Where did I say I go to Applebees? Did you not read the post where I stated that I DON'T go to child oriented restaurants? Oh right. You didn't because you're just trying to be funny.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    LOLing at a whole bunch of morons in this thread...
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sometimes other people's children annoy me. Sometimes people who blow their nose at the table next to me annoy me. Sometimes people without children who sit next to me and my daughter and loudly talk about sex and spout off profane language with their friends annoy me. I tend to deal with it like an adult. I don't threaten anyone with bodily harm, or passive aggressively give the evil eye. Adults can be just as annoying as children in my opinion.
  • c_tap77
    Options
    I have never gone out to eat and encountered "screaming" children...for the most part they seem pretty well behaved. I have worked and eaten in restaurants for years. Sometimes they might make a mess under the table (which I try to not let my kids do, although there is inevitable droppage) but if you are not the waitstaff that doesn't really affect you...maybe these people encountering "screaming" kids at are amusement parks and don't realize where they are...
    I'm also not sitting there staring at other people's kids and recording what they are eating/drinking.

To be fair, I've been out to eat plenty of times where children have been sitting around me and I hardly noticed. I've also been to restaurants where I've seen children start to act up and parents nip the behavior in the bud. I've also been to restaurants (not family-geared places mind you) and seen children run around screaming throw cutlery repeatedly, and have even come up to my table and take things while parents sit on their phones. This isn't an indictment of all parents who take their children to nice restaurants, just parents with children who are out of control when they are not willing to discipline them for it.
  • RGv2
    Options

LMAO! Same here!

Four pages later and it still applies

charlie_zpsed21d5d2.jpg
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i read the first page and had a good laugh...
    thanks everyone:)
    My 3 year old eats everything from ice cream to spinach and it is definitely not out of the trash can:D
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It's best to take care of yourself and your children. That's probably enough.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

LMAO! Same here!

charlie_zpsed21d5d2.jpg

I've never told anyone how to raise their children. I was simply stating that I personally don't like to have my dinner ruined by unruly children who are screaming and ruining my relaxing night out. I have never once gone up to a parent and yelled at them and them to control their child nor have I ever threatened bodily harm to them. I might give you the stink eye and that is usually all I need to do.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    [/quote

LOL, no probably about it, best decision I ever made!!]
  • rachseby
    Options

Oh I'm sorry. Where did I say I go to Applebees? Did you not read the post where I stated that I DON'T go to child oriented restaurants? Oh right. You didn't because you're just trying to be funny.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.
    I thought it was clever..not hilarious, but clever. So where do you go, the Russian Tea Room?
  • c_tap77
    Options

I've never told anyone how to raise their children. I was simply stating that I personally don't like to have my dinner ruined by unruly children who are screaming and ruining my relaxing night out. I have never once gone up to a parent and yelled at them and them to control their child nor have I ever threatened bodily harm to them. I might give you the stink eye and that is usually all I need to do.

THIS!!!!
  • RGv2
    Options

LOL, no probably about it, best decision I ever made!!

No doubt about it, you probably saved society.
  • RGv2
    Options

LMAO! Same here!

charlie_zpsed21d5d2.jpg

Yes, but you're making is sound like kids are trained animals.

This kids are not whom you should be pissed at, it's the parents...but yes you are correct. Kids should not be allowed in public.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

LMAO! Same here!

charlie_zpsed21d5d2.jpg

So it's acceptable for you to give us the stink eye when when we're trying our best to enjoy a nice meal ourselves and are already humiliated over the way our child is acting? It's okay for you to make us feel like a bad parent because, while we're trying to teach our child self-control, respect, manners, how to communicate, etc., how dare us ruin YOUR meal?

While folks who don't have children might have SOME valid parenting advice (not usually), this one you have no clue on unless you have a child.