80 day pre- holiday challenge

Options

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have challenge I am giving myself and want you to join if you please...
    From the day before Labor Day, (Sept 5th) to the day before Thanksgiving (Nov 24th),,, 80 DAYS!
    1. Log in every day
    2. Exercise every day.
    3. Stay under your calorie budget (I'm not eating any of my exercise calories.)
    4. To keep track of your committment to the 80 days... Comment on your completed diary post...
    For Example..." Day 1! in the books"

I figure this is away for me to make a pre-holiday push... so I can be in great shape going into the holidays...
    Join me if you want to...

This is a great challenge! I am part of just 1 group right now, so I might be able to handle this one too!

1. Log in every day
    <<<<I can do this.........may not be able to log all foods, but can definitely log in to check in>>>>

2. Exercise every day.
    <<<<I have to do this......really gotta do this>>>>

. Stay under your calorie budget (I'm not eating any of my exercise calories.)
    <<<< I track carbs not cals....so I will keep on those>>>>

4. To keep track of your committment to the 80 days... Comment on your completed diary post..
    <<<<I will do this too.....suppose I will jump ahead...and call today day 3"
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Day 2, best day in a long while...
    I vote that every weekend be a three day weekend!!!:happy: :happy:
  • ladymedic22
    ladymedic22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the books, exercised 30 minutes and brought my calories in at 1209! Good day, feels good knowing I have people to answer too. Only 77 more days to go! I can stay on track for that long.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to post last night, but -- Day 2 DONE!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    DAY 3 done.

Still ill so all I could fit today was a walk to work and back [not that I had a choice because there was an industrial strike with the transport today]. But still burnt calories, at least. Yay!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Day 3... today was great, got to love MFP for the accountability we all feel
  • ladymedic22
    Options
    Day three in the books, was sitting in class all day for work so worked out at 530 but at least I did not cancel it all together. Brought the calories in at under 1200 evan while eating at the cafeteria! Plain tossed salad witha piece of cheese and italian dressing (only one tablespoon). Not too bad if I do say so myself.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll join.
    Already up to speed since the 5th, exercised, logged, under my calories every day.
    I'll count today as day three - under my calories, exercised 1 hour 45 minutes, only ate 1/2 my exercise calories.
    This looks like it's going to be a very motivating group!

:flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Day 3 DONE!

Exercised, got enough water, stayed under calorie goal and ate well at that!

Was a good day. :smile:
  • beesareyellow
    Options
    Day 4 done!
    Logged, 80min exercise, did not eat any exercise calories.
    Ate so well today, not actually hungry for extra calories.

I love this challenge.:heart:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Welcome beesryellow... Day 4 in the books... had a friend tell me to throw in one of my weaknesses... give up something i thought I had to have... ok, let me think
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Day 4 DONE!

Got in 30 minutes of exercise, didn't have QUITE as much water as I like ( just the minimum 2 liters) so will work on that tomorrow. Stayed under my calories. Right now I'm eating SOME of my exercise cals, when I feel like it. Though, I've got my base daily cals set to 1310, and I don't think I ate even that much today.

I'm not burning nearly enough calories with exercise, but I haven't been very physical for the past month, so I'm taking it a little easy this week to get acclimated, next week I'll crank it up a notch by adding another 30 mins of cardio/day (so, 1 hour cardio on pure cardio days, 30 mins strength + 30 mins cardio on strength days).

Tomorrows goals: at least 2 1/2 liters water, get in a little more protein than I have this week (I'll pan sear some lovely tofu for dinner, I think!)

'Til tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    DAY 4 was a complete FAIL. Had to go to an unexpected dinner out and ended up going over as didn't do much exercise. Still ill unfortunately. Frustrating...
  • beesareyellow
    Options
    Day 5 done!

Did 1 hr 35 min of fast walking, 25 min wii fit running
    Was under calories, ate no exercise calories because I was too full--:huh:
  • ladymedic22
    Options
    Well tomorrow is a new day. Did you at least track the food even tho you went over? Than that is a success we can only change if we acknowledge what we are doing that is not working. Do not let one day turn into two. Back on track today Balfonso! Everyone will encounter challenges on this 80 day journey!
  • hannahlouise69
    hannahlouise69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im starting tomorrow.....good idea for motivation
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Day 5 completed... only fruit and veggies...
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Eating clean and exercising daily -- I just don't always post here since I keep up with my food/exercise diet here and track my miles ran on dailymile.com.
  • MOM4CHRIST
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I would love the motivation this would give to reach my goal by Christmas.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Day 5 DONE!

Exercised, got in my 3 liters of water (yay!), accidentally skipped lunch because I was writing and by the time I realized I hadn't eaten it was dinnertime! Oops. :embarassed: Dinner was yummy though -- baked sweet potato topped with some vegetarian baked beans and edamame on the side! Didn't get in my leafy greens today (due to forgetting lunch) but otherwise not too bad!