What are you doing with your "FAT" clothes?

Options

Replies

• Shea100
    Shea100 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm going to select a couple of pieces that I HATE...that represent my frustration with being fluffy -- and have BON FIRE! A ceremonial fire to let go of that person, that way of life, and those awful clothes to help close the door on returning to this size. The rest, I will give to appropriate charities to help people who may need them.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Really good quality stuff that has never or seldom been worn...friends who are a little heavier than me. Stained, ripped, baggy...barn clothes, unless way too big, in which case, trash. Anything else...Goodwill.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Gave most to my best friend who loves her new wardrobe. I was lucky enough to have a friend do the same. She's 5'0" and I'm 5'11" so her 'fat' clothes are my 'skinny' clothes. I'm now in size 6/8 and fit in her old skirts.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have already donated a bunch
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I don't know but can someone please send me some of theirs? I am in desperate need of some new clothes. kthxbye.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Donating or trash.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Most of mine went to charity.

A couple of special occasion pieces that I never got the chance to wear went to a family friend who can wear them to work.

The rest (ripped up T-shirts, worn out jeans, etc) were too worn to be anything but rags, so that's what they became.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used mine when I was pregnant :) I just had my baby yesterday and am back in my less-fat clothes but still 7lb away from my pre-baby weight. I'll slowly loose the rest and probably will donate those clothes soon. It really felt great to wear my fat clothes at 39 weeks pregnant and they fit :)
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I donated the biggest clothes to Goodwill because I had 15 bags and needed pickup.

My transition clothes, I give to a friend who is also trying to lose weight. What she doesn't want to keep, she takes to Goodwill.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My friend actually organizes clothing swaps twice a month for women all sizes from 0 to plus size, so You save up all your good, unwanted clothes and bring them there. then grab some new things somone else brought, it's fun. We donate anything left over. We get about 30 women going to it, and an unbelieveable amount of clothes. The last one was about a month ago and I grabbed some things in the next couple sizes down.

I did keep however my largest pair of jeans and yoga pants.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I donate mine in a large bin once I get a garbage bag full (after doing laundry and saying, "you know... I don't like this anymore..." and tossing it). It goes to a central office where the clothes are distributed to different shops where all the proceeds benefit the Ohio Special Olympics.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I put some of it in a charity drop box. I box up some of it. Especially if it was expensive, or it was really flattering on me.

Maintenance has been an issue in the past, so if I can maintain a decent amount of time, I'll probably give the rest of it away also.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Donate to Salvation Army (when I can't wear them anymore. As is, I don't HAVE any 'fat clothes').
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I gave them to my cousin who was having a yard sale to raise money for her daughter's sweet 16. Usually though, I stick them in those donation drop boxes or throw them away if its something like raggedy old gym shorts.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Donated most of them. Some of them were really on their last leg though and I put 'em in a bonfire during one of my summer BBQs.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    They are still in my closet honestly... but I do need to get rid of them (my ticket shows 16 pounds, overall I've lost a total of 43).

I will keep my biggest jeans (Size 12). I only have one pair of them. All the rest will get donated or trashed if it's in bad shape.

And as of this morning, I'm in my size 6's :happy:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    If it's REALLY cute, I'll keep it. I plan on having more kids...
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have a really good support system from MFP of a bunch of lovely ladies. Once my clothes get too big I send them to a girl fin my support system who they will fit. All I ask for return is that as long as the clothes are still in good shape they will continue to be passed around. I don't like donating to Goodwill or Savers because I feel like with in the last few years their prices don't make sense. You can go to most stores and hit up the clearence area and get stuff for the same price.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    At first I was saving them, but now as I shrink out of an item I donate them. Some of the nicer things I''ve sold. I work in a professional office so nice cheap work clothes are a commodity around here. Right now 95% of my closet come from thrift stores, really looking forward to buying clothes where I'm the first person to wear them.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sold them all on ebay, then got pregnant and wish I'd held a few bits back :grumble: :ohwell: