Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at my trainers office at the gym.

I think she'd agree it'd be wrong if I stripped off right there and then. =B
    She might dig it.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself in clothes but if I were nude, I would know to add a couple #s lol. It's not that surprising to weigh more at the dr's office anyway. Chances are it's later in the day, you've eaten and drank... maybe you have to pee? Who cares? Do people really get bent out of shape when another scale says they're heavier?! If the scale you regularly weigh on tells you you're losing, you're losing. Common sense.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My clothes have nothing to do with my body weight. When I weigh on another scale I'm well aware that the number is going to be somewhat different than my regular scale...who cares..it's a different scale...duh...it's going to give me a different number. I guess I just don't obsess about this too much...I know where I've been, where I'm at, and where I'm headed...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I lift, walk, run, and go to zumba class in the nude...I'm not about to start putting on clothes just to weigh. smh

:laugh:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am not concerned about the weight taken in a particular office on a particular day. I am concerned about my personal progress or maintenance. So for consistency I weigh on the same scale, at the same time, on the same day of the week, buck naked. Fluctuations are normal so I never really know exactly how much I weigh and I don't really care if my doctor writes that number down as 5 lb. heavier.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I always weigh NAKED...

Yup I do too after rolling out of bed in the morning (unless I really have to go to the bathroom)...

I get what you are saying though op, since you have to weigh in at work, you want to keep it consistent with home weigh-ins. I think reliability and consistency are very important when it comes to any form of measurement. I just chose to consistently weigh myself naked.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love how people come on these forums telling us what we are doing wrong :noway: I think most people who weigh in two different places know they will get two different numbers even if clothed in both or not. Scales vary, as long as you are aware of the difference the clothes would make.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at my trainers office at the gym.

I think she'd agree it'd be wrong if I stripped off right there and then. =B

Me thinks you need a new trainer. LOL
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Of course I will weigh more at the Dr's office. I have on clothes and shoes sometimes a coat (one pissy RN said it didn't matter to take my coat off once LOL) plus it might be later in the day, or I have worked out and plus eaten a few meals so yes, I will likely weigh more. I tell myself not to stress. That's it.

I also weigh at home first thing in AM after the restroom in the b-day suit.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I agree...I don't care what my clothes way. I'm always nude when I weigh myself.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Pshh I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and completely naked. I even take off my jewelry..that ish adds weight.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    I guess I just don't consider it a big deal when I step on a scale away from home, clothed. I know it'll be higher by at least 2 pounds, it's just a morbid curiosity thing. Maybe its just me...
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I've never been weighed at a doc's office since I was maybe a kid so I wouldn't know about my clothed weight, plus I always carry so much stuff in my pockets that I figure it would maybe come up to 5 lbs but like others have said, I don't care about my clothed weight, I want to know my true self weight so I always weight myself nude before my morning shower.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Who cares? It's about enough consistency so you can see change, not whether you're wearing a wool full-length parka or whatever.

I mean, sure, I weigh a couple pounds more when I weigh at the doctor's because of clothes, but I did the last time I was at the doctor's too! It was 182-151 instead of 180-149 lbs, but it's still 30 lbs. lost, and I've never seen my doctor so happy.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Well, I want to know how much my body weighs, not my clothes.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I like weighing nude it gives me an excuse to wander around my house stark naked free bird style,and "I like it!":bigsmile:
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm weighed at the doctor's office, I ask the MA to make a note in my chart indicting my clothing weighs 10 pounds. :wink:

My "official" weigh-in is once a week, first thing in the morning, in the buff, on the same scale, and that's the only number I pay attention to for weight management.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Nude is not wrong!

Crying about a weight increase when you add the weight of clothes during a public weigh in is wrong!

I love being naked and weighing. The scale is on the way back from the bathroom. Since I'm naked sleeping, and naked waking, I am naked weighing.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    so me wanting to know my weight and not what my cloths weigh is wrong? ok then i like being wrong
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about the extra weight from make up, hair ties/clips, fake nails, jewelry...
    :tongue: