Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    This is a problem for me, im naked about 98% of the time, i will not let my scale tell me how to live my life! ~chucks out window~
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    What?

Really? Really?

You think that because when you get weighed at a DOCTOR's OFFICE (seriously, how often are you going to be at a dang Doctor's office?) with your clothes on, that you should always do it at home?

No. That is a ridiculous suggestion.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why are people so obsessed about what others do..Do what works for you and let others get on with their own thing
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Clothing and shoes doesn't add on a lot it. Well, it seems like that to me anyways.. If anything you shouldn't weigh yourself at different parts of the day. I'm usually 3 pounds heavier at the end of the day from the food and water that I've ingested. I weigh myself in the morning sometimes nude, sometimes on my pajamas.
  • QueenE_
    Options
    In not on
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, I want to know what I weigh, not my clothes. I never weigh anyplace but at home in the nude. I never let my doctor weigh me, and I never let the nurse weigh me at work when we had our annual physicals. So - only once place I weighed myself.
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This really doesn't make sense. I mean unless your clothes weigh exactly the same every single day..... That would be the only valid reason for weighing with clothes on.

PLUS BEING NAKED IS FUNNN!!!!
  • QueenE_
    Options
    Ya know what? Just ignore my comments, obviously I can't freaking type..
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Reading all the posts.....
    This is FANTASTIC material for a Seinfeld episode !!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJXw2nxsSqYN3ofhBzCU6Zf1f96DsCnY-7n4Yte7e8CnlQFNG9H1V439xK
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    nothing done when nude is wrong

Cooking bacon. Ouch.
  • Kureiton84
    Kureiton84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always weigh nude, in the morning, before eating, but after a bowel movement. If I have a doctor's appointment that day, I simply tell him my weight instead of weighing at the office (this is a habit from when I was over 300 lbs, the doctor's scale couldn't weigh me--I know, old school).
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    nothing done when nude is wrong

Cooking bacon. Ouch.

Splatter guard.. problem solved.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself. If I like what I see when I look in the mirror then I'm all good :smile: :smile:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    [OP, what are you saying ? are you saying if you DON"T weigh in the nude, the scales WON'T vary ???

=================
    Why are we splitting hairs over 1 or 2 pounds ??
    btw - clothes (sans shoes or jackets) and you'll weigh 2 pounds heavier at the most.
    heck, if you just drank a pint of water, you're a pound heavier !
    if you haven't pooped yet, you're a 1/2 pound to 1 pound heavier !!

within any given day, your body naturally flectuates 2 to 5 pounds anyways.

This.

8488541.png
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another. Second and most importantly, unless your doctor's office is different than anyone I have been to in the past 20 years, they weigh you first with your clothes on before you go into the smaller waiting room. So that's bound to bug people who are trying to lose.

Even at work, we were doing what we called a "Fat Off" and we always have to weigh with our clothes on. So it made not sense for me to weigh myself nude if every other weigh-in I did outside of my home was going to be with clothes.

So my tip... find something that weighs as much as your typical outfit. And then if you want to weigh in nude/undies you can use this extra device to make up your clothing difference. I use a low pulley row handle from my gym, it happens to weigh about 4lbs and I weighed my typical outfit and it also weighed about 4lbs.

The reason I brought this up, is I have heard complaints from people about their weigh-ins outside of their home. I would still try and weigh in at the same time anytime you do, otherwise you will run into differences. But the idea here is that you would limit the difference to a small margin.

If you disagree, let me know why?

tobias-funke-never-nude-o.gif
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    The doctor scale is always 5lbs more then my scale at home. But that Is the scale I weigh in on so I will stick with it. I weigh in the morning usually naked. I don't really fret too much about other scales or whatnot.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another. Second and most importantly, unless your doctor's office is different than anyone I have been to in the past 20 years, they weigh you first with your clothes on before you go into the smaller waiting room. So that's bound to bug people who are trying to lose.

Even at work, we were doing what we called a "Fat Off" and we always have to weigh with our clothes on. So it made not sense for me to weigh myself nude if every other weigh-in I did outside of my home was going to be with clothes.

So my tip... find something that weighs as much as your typical outfit. And then if you want to weigh in nude/undies you can use this extra device to make up your clothing difference. I use a low pulley row handle from my gym, it happens to weigh about 4lbs and I weighed my typical outfit and it also weighed about 4lbs.

The reason I brought this up, is I have heard complaints from people about their weigh-ins outside of their home. I would still try and weigh in at the same time anytime you do, otherwise you will run into differences. But the idea here is that you would limit the difference to a small margin.

If you disagree, let me know why?

tobias-funke-never-nude-o.gif

Never-nudes unite!
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself nude every day, with the scale in the same spot & my feet on the same spot on the scale--- if I change a variable, the measurement changes. Neurotic - well yes... but there is a method to my madness... I only go by my scale's weight & ignore everyone else's. And I focus on the change on my scale - the change, not the actual weight. As long as I am staying the same (at worst) or going down (at best), I'm good. Doesn't matter if it is 1 pound, 5 pounds or a tenth of a pound. Change is change & that's what I'm measuring!:happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I only care how much I weigh on my regular scales at home -- naked, first thing in the morning. I'm not running all over town weighing myself. ;)