Skinny Students :-)

Options
Hey everyone, any students out there looking to start a group? I did a search but the most recent was from 5 months ago so why not try this? I figure we can get eachother motivated about losing weight and becoming more fit as well as studying and getting through school. We could also do some little challenges in there if you guys want.

Any takers? ;-)

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Taken :D
  • kharr333
    Options
    im in!!
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Cool! :) Remember Elevators are so overrated!!!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    im in
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sounds great I'm in!
    Also, I agree elevators are overrated, I always take the stairs!
  • swankyclanky
    Options
    Definitely !!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm excited :-D

How about a little intro quiz?

Name: Abbie
    Age/standing: 18, and im currently in my 1st semester @ college
    Major: Criminal Justice
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'll join!

Name: Katie/Katherine, just not Kate or Kathy :noway:
    Age/Standing: 19 (20 in October)/ 3rd Semester in College
    Major: English, and NO I'm not going to be a teacher! Every single person asks me that, haha... I want to edit/write books. :bigsmile:
  • abbiez
    Options
    I'll join!

Major: English, and NO I'm not going to be a teacher! Every single person asks me that, haha... I want to edit/write books. :bigsmile:

I'll be 19 on October 27th. Whens your bday?

I love love love english (except my english teacher write now, group work :noway: ick.) I absolutely love to read and wish I had more time for it :-( I've always wanted to write a memoir, but fear my life isnt interesting enough :laugh:

hopefully, one day ill get to read one of your books! what type of books are you interested in writing?
  • lilmizzkay3
    Options
    hey guys.
    my name is katherine, but kat for short :)
    uhm. im 19 years old
    major in psych and minor in french and soci
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    love this idea!
    my name is Brittany.
    I'm 19 years old and in my second year of college (only community college for now :-/)
    major is currently nursing.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yay i've been looking for a young peoples group! :)

My names Ally
    I'm also 19 and am doing a bachelor of social science at uni
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm just about to start uni

Name: Laura
    Studying: Psychology
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm Lucy
    Studying: Business Management.

Going back to uni to do my third and final year in under two weeks, hoping I can keep the weight loss going when i actually have things to do lol.
  • xLyric
    Options
    I'll join!

I'll be 19 on October 27th. Whens your bday?

I love love love english (except my english teacher write now, group work :noway: ick.) I absolutely love to read and wish I had more time for it :-( I've always wanted to write a memoir, but fear my life isnt interesting enough :laugh:

hopefully, one day ill get to read one of your books! what type of books are you interested in writing?

Day before Halloween. :bigsmile: Group work is so awkward... You get these people: :indifferent: :embarassed: :yawn: :bigsmile: :grumble: :huh: all together and they stare at each other the whole time. :laugh:

Studying law you're life will probably get more interesting! Maybe you'll nearly get shot in the courtroom for breaking up a mob ring. :smokin: Or maybe I've seen too much TV!

I love fantasy and most other genres of fiction. Can't stand cowboy stories though (which we have an overabundance of here in Oklahoma). What do you like to read?

brittany, I'm doing comm. college too. I used to say that I'm not in "real" college yet. :laugh: But it's a good way to get in your basics cheaply. My uncle said that he wasted so much money on the basics in a private college that he could have saved by going to the comm. college. So it's not a bad thing!
  • abbiez
    Options
    Welcome Kat, Brittany, Ally, Laura, and Lucy. Anyone else i missed too!

Katie, group work is SO awkward especially bc I like everything done a certain way. I like it when I get a group of slackers bc I can do everything myself :wink: I'm excited about cjus but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet. At first I wanted to do juvenile probation but theres so many different directions that cjus can take you!

I like to read what my boyfriend calls "screwed up" books. If theres a teen pregnancy, drug addiction, some hideous act of trauma - im all over it. And ofcourse true crime books! I also like classics though, like Of Mice and Men, Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye. I like a bit of everything!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I've been looking for more college students!

So... I'm Nicole.
    I'm 21 and a senior (going to be a super senior next year though)
    I have a major in Human Development and Family Studies and am about to pick up a minor it Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management.
  • abbiez
    Options
    Hey Nicole! :-)

Well just got back from the gym. My ipod died so I couldnt do c25k but i still rna some intervals and my longest was 5 mins of straight running! woohoo! :D I also did 30 day shred today. I'm off to get ready and pick the boyfriend up (his truck is broke:frown:) and then were going to see Machete, and yes i am eating popcorn - already tracked it and im in the clear :wink: :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great night, and oh, yeah, lets keep the thread alive :tongue:

P.S. challenge sunday?
  • xLyric
    Options
    Great job! I can barely do the one minute. :laugh:

I'm up for a challenge! :drinker:

Got new weights for the 30DS and they killed me. No soreness now, I think I'm avoiding soreness with chocolate milk of all things, but wow, when I was using them I could barely lift my arms!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole! :-)

Well just got back from the gym. My ipod died so I couldnt do c25k but i still rna some intervals and my longest was 5 mins of straight running! woohoo! :D I also did 30 day shred today. I'm off to get ready and pick the boyfriend up (his truck is broke:frown:) and then were going to see Machete, and yes i am eating popcorn - already tracked it and im in the clear :wink: :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great night, and oh, yeah, lets keep the thread alive :tongue:

P.S. challenge sunday?

Go you! I'm doing the c25k too. am on week 8 now. Are you enjoying it?

30DS is brill too but I got bored at the end of level two and couldn't get the motivation to keep it up after that. I'm going to give it a few months then go again lol.