Don't you just love MFP because...

Options
I love MFP and here's why:

1. You can add someone as a friend and they don't question your agenda.
2. You can unveil all your fears and insecurities and people will support you.
3. You can show off the smallest success and people will be proud of you.
4. You can show off the biggest success and people will cheer you on, without judging you for posting pics of your new sexy body.
5. People are friendly here.
6. People have the same goals, and they work together.
7. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to make enemies here, or to be disrespected or mistreated.
8. Everyone is so welcoming, and you'll always belong on MFP :)

Just some reasons why I love MFP and the gang here.

Replies

• HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I totally get your point; I actually got addicted to MFP more than to getting fit in general. I'm always here, it's ridiculous. :laugh:
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Haha me too! Always surfing the message boards!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Totally agree but there were two crazy ones I had to block way back.
  • baybeejulia
    Options

Lol poor thing, thankfully I haven't had that experience.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I love MFP and here's why:

1. You can add someone as a friend and they don't question your agenda.
    2. You can unveil all your fears and insecurities and people will support you.
    3. You can show off the smallest success and people will be proud of you.
    4. You can show off the biggest success and people will cheer you on, without judging you for posting pics of your new sexy body.
    5. People are friendly here.
    6. People have the same goals, and they work together.
    7. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to make enemies here, or to be disrespected or mistreated.
    8. Everyone is so welcoming, and you'll always belong on MFP :)

Just some reasons why I love MFP and the gang here.

While I have to say, I've seen #7 happen to people occasionally, in general, I have to say YES TO ALL on your reasons to love MFP. I lost 45 pounds beteween September last year and March this year (and holding steady since the end of March) and I couldn't have done it without MFP.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options

it sucks when it happens, but at least we have the option to block annoying people.
    although, the crazy ones are also entertaining!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mfp! It's refreshing to see someone post on all of the positive aspects of mfp, instead of ranting about the negative.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I agree....but I have had 3 that were crazy and they are blocked now
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been sucked into some of the more negative threads, but I am totally thankful for the gracious, awesome community here. People have been infinitely helpful and supportive when I have asked for advice or help. MFP has also inspired me to do a lot of research and reading about nutrition, calorie deficits, etc., so I have gained a ton of new knowledge since joining! I used to use another tracking website and the community wasn't nearly as welcoming or helpful as MFP. This place rocks.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this. I feel the same way, and it annoys me when people complain about how "mean" this place is. Generally, there are some really awesome folks here.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    All negativity on here originates with the people who aren't doing things right and aren't happy with themselves. Just avoid them :)

There are a million times more happy people on here.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great post! I totally agree!
    I posted about my workout this morning... I like sharing that kind of stuff and my MFP friends understand that Im proud and not bragging....
    I am addicted to the message boards as well... :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I can't help but question the purpose behind this topic. One might even say that I'm questioning your agenda.
    *Waits to be taken seriously.*
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love this place, it's awesome.
  • SocialSocks
    Options
    I love this post. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    All negativity on here originates with the people who aren't doing things right and aren't happy with themselves. Just avoid them :)

There are a million times more happy people on here.

So true! I some amazing friends on here. Wouldn't give it up for the world! I can get back on track when I wander off enjoying myself a little too much way better than I can without it. Thank you for starting this thread. Great to see someone do a positive thread.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    I can't help but question the purpose behind this topic. One might even say that I'm questioning your agenda.
    *Waits to be taken seriously.*

Haha.. you're right, I have an agenda. I want to share how amazing I feel!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    i agree ... AND mfp really makes it easier on this VERY TOUGH journey when you don't have support anywhere else!! i love mfp
  • IzzyM210
    IzzyM210 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We must have the exact same friends. :wink:
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Since I've started back on the ol' dusty trail here, and actually have been utilizing the site instead of just pretending have a phone app was going to make it all better, this place has been great. There are very helpful and fun people on here that are removed enough from the situation to look at you objectively and tell you what's what. I love it.