HELP!!! Losing my way again!

Options
This is my second time around on MFP and I was doing great up until a month ago. I started training for my first 5k and was out morning & night walking/jogging but I'm doing this on my own and it is so hard to stay motivated. My workouts got less and less and now I am getting depressed and disgusted with myself.

I feel like my husband is trying to sabotage things for me so I'm on my own. I'm looking for friends who understand.

Replies

• Valdus92
    Valdus92 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just try to remember that feeling you get when you run past your mind saying PLEASE STOP! Think of the tingles, the euphoria, the wondrous pins and needles. Have you tried couch to 5K one serious app!
  • CookieL246
    Options
    People hate change. Is that why he is trying to sabotage?
  • SRuth17
    SRuth17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I recently decided to go vegan and I'm the only one in my family that is! I get looks, I get offered meat, dairy, cheese things that I no longer eat and sometimes it is very hard to not give in and eat a cheeseburger because everyone else is doing it. But then I remember why I'm doing it, and why I exercise so much and thats because I deserve it! Just like you! You are on this journey for yourself and no one else, its about becoming a healthier and happier you! Don't give up because you are strong enough to do this and you can! Feel free to do add me!
  • JasonRDA
    JasonRDA Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm not sure if this will help but I also enjoy running, or at least I did when I was in the shape to do it, I have had gr8 success by remembering that feeling of freedom when you run and are in shape. Try and weight that against a craving and it becomes an easy choice. You are not alone, the community here is gr8 and they and I will give you support :)
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    Could you set up a system of rewards for yourself? Things to look
    Forward to when you start to lose your way? Try the best you can to nip
    That depression in the bud if at all possible - from my own experience I know
    What a death spiral it can be. Could yourhusband lose a few pounds?
    If so, Could you get your husband to join you?
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you can't stay motivated, but I know you will find plenty of women here who feel the same about their husbands sabotaging them. Together, you will be able to achieve anything.

Good luck on your Journey.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it on my own too. Why did your work outs become less & less? For me it's because I'm sick otherwise it was something I enjoyed & gave me some 'me' time.

We are our own persons - no one can sabotage us apart from ourselves.
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard. We need the support of our spouses/close people or it makes it so much harder. Post here often - we will help each other!!
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Totally agree !! We must stay focused . We are the only ones who can mess it up for ourselves
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    The only person that is responsible for your motivation, habits, food choices and exercise is you.
  • memerlo
    memerlo Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm doing it myself as well but that's because the rest of my family are in shape. My husband though is supportive and doesn't try to convince me to do things that I don't want to do. I have to admit though, when they snack it's hard to keep away but I do. Don't give up. I've given up way too many times in my life, this one is for me and the only way I won't succeed is because I chose not to. Feel free to add me if you need support. I log in every day and as least chart my calories and exercise.
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    I was going to try the couch to 5k but my husband said it uses too much data on the phone...so I would just alternate walking and jogging.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    OP you said you were out every morning & night jogging/running. That's a lot to jump staraight into. It might be better to do interval days as it's a bit much too put on your body doing 7 days a week. If it's becoming boring for you it might be time to look at alternative work outs to keep you going.
  • Valdus92
    Valdus92 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If someone that I cared about was trying to sabotage me being healthy or having a positive I think I think, I would...

CRY HAVOC!

And let slip the dogs of war!
  • gregre04
    Options
    People hate change. Is that why he is trying to sabotage?
    I look better than I did a year ago so that might be why.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    IF YOU CHANGE NOTHING.........NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Please feel free to add me for some support.:smile:

Lori in GA
  • gregre04
    Options
    Could you set up a system of rewards for yourself? Things to look
    Forward to when you start to lose your way? Try the best you can to nip
    That depression in the bud if at all possible - from my own experience I know
    What a death spiral it can be. Could yourhusband lose a few pounds?
    If so, Could you get your husband to join you?

My husband could lose a few pounds. He started walking with me but he only walked slow so I gave up walking with him.
  • gregre04
    Options
    I'm doing it on my own too. Why did your work outs become less & less? For me it's because I'm sick otherwise it was something I enjoyed & gave me some 'me' time.

We are our own persons - no one can sabotage us apart from ourselves.

Between the heat,humidity and rain I wasn't out much and then I started eating poorly then felt bad because of it...that vicious cycle!!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    well the issue here is the marriage, not the exercise or the diet. Try 'Love and Respect' the book or the DVD and you and your hubby get to fixing what's important. order it on Amazon. get started.
  • gregre04
    Options
    I'm sorry you can't stay motivated, but I know you will find plenty of women here who feel the same about their husbands sabotaging them. Together, you will be able to achieve anything.

Good luck on your Journey.
    Thank you :smile: