Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Going to the bathroom in public restrooms. Not because I don't want peopole to hear me... Actually, I am OK with it if theres more than 1 other person there. It's Because scary movies have me convinced that if I am alone in a public restroom, I am fair game for serial killers/potergeists/rapists and just about any other bad guy out there

OK, I am scared of my own bathroom too :blushing: I used to make my BF sit outside the door every time I took a shower. But I'm a big girl now :laugh:

LOL! For years I was convinced that one day I would open up a stall, only to find a murdered corpse sitting on the toilet. Movies have warped my precious mind. :)

LOL yeah, for years I wouldn't take a bath because as soon as I would get in, I would imagine Freddie's hand between my legs... One of my fav scary movies, but also where my fear of bathrooms all began... :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    49f3c11f.jpg
  • whierd
    Options
    8d8ehem.gif
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1) I'm not a very strong swimmer, but I'm not afraid of drowning....I'm afraid of the things in the water that I can't see...just to name a few: alligator gar, walleye, and musky. Also, I've seen some huge snapping turtles. I get terrified that an abnormally large one will rip off one of my feet or something. haha
    2) I'm afraid spiders, cave crickets, or other bugs will crawl in my ears and nose while I'm sleeping. *shudder*
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    14disturbing.gif
    25disturbing.gif
    12disturbing.gif
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of moths. They attack me. Ignore others but go for me. And they're very erratic!

I know someone who is afraid of cotton balls. Cardboard is certainly more scary than cotton balls! Apparently that phobia has a name, too.

I copied this from a website: For Freud, teeth falling out in dreams point to anxiety about sexual repression and the desire to be nurtured. This disturbing symbol also tends to show up in dreams during important moments of transition in the dreamer’s life. Discover all the meanings to uncover the message hidden behind this intriguing dream symbol.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    8d8ehem.gif

A curse on you.

Mirrors have always freaked me out.
  • whierd
    Options
    8d8ehem.gif

A curse on you.

Mirrors have always freaked me out.

Yeah, it made my blood run cold when I saw it.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Only that Nina will somehow rise from the dead. but you knew that.:noway:
  • whierd
    Options
    GifHellraiser.gif
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    nothing weird - just deathly afraid of spiders.

I'm also noticing as I'm getting older that I'm afraid of heights - they've never bothered me before!
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Being trapped
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Being trapped

That's not weird...

...that's totally legit.

*shudder*

*hyperventilate*
  • whierd
    Options
    I can hold my breath for about 90 seconds, but panic when I'm underwater for more than 10.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Random textures! Like the feel of fish scales...totally freaks me out! I'm also afraid of the look of plucked-out chickens, like when they've been really stressed out and their feathers are falling out and all you see is the stemmy-part sticking out of the skin...it makes me gag and run! Although...unless it's on my plate, I'm not fond of chickens anyway.

Other than those two rather odd fears, you can add spiders, large snakes, and the constant fear that I'm going to look out the windows at night and see someone else looking back at me (looking in the mirror and having that feeling too!) Ugh. This topic is making me paranoid now...
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    nothing weird - just deathly afraid of spiders.

I'm also noticing as I'm getting older that I'm afraid of heights - they've never bothered me before!

Heights! Me too. I was fearless when I was a kid, but now that I understand how *dying* works...yeah, heights are not my friend.
  • justwebby
    justwebby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I have this same dream! I wonder what it means?

I just had this dream last night! Mine is that my teeth are REALLY loose in my mouth & as I'm talking they are trying to fall out of my mouth & they feel all weird. So bizarre. I have it a lot.

I've had that dream too... quite a few times... so vivid and everything too. I wake up checking my teeth to see if they are loose!

I have a fear of Gorillas and Ladybugs.... and the typical spiders...
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Phones. I really hate hate hate placing or receiving phone calls.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Random textures!

LIKE COURDUROY!!!! Makes my skin crawl, my fingers curl, etc just thinking about it... I hate accidentallly brushing up against it.. eek!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Okay, another weird thing: I am super paranoid about walking over manholes/sewer grates. Since I was a kid, I have been convinced that they will fall through as soon as I walk over them. I try to get over them quick if I have to walk over one. It's silly, but I can't be convinced otherwise!