What type of people are attracted to Myfitnesspal?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    2 things make me love it. 1) I too am analytical, and 2) I had no concept of portion sizes and calorie counts of what I ate on a daily basis. #2 Is a recipe for dietary disaster!
  • KelseyLK1
    KelseyLK1 Posts: 26
    Options
    my favorite part about MFP is the social aspect. this is only my first week using it & i'm sooo hooked! i think it's really helpful to have a community like this that supports and motivates you :smile: and the calorie tracker helps me a ton...i love the charts & it's really easy to use...holds me accountable for everything that goes into my body
    it's just simple, fun & helpful. i always look forward to logging food & exercise + hearing when people reach their goals, very encouraging:smooched:
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1. To tell ya the truth I was lonely and felt so by myself with all the pounds I KNOW has to come off!!! Have made some really cool friends and Enjoy spending time here with them and being supportive any way I can!! sometimes we all just need someone to hear us and a nice pat on the back and a good atta Girl/Boy is heart warming and enpowering!!

2. When I was going to Weight Watchers years back I realized how important food journaling is!! It is a very powerful tool and It makes you realize all that you eat and makes you accountable for all the calories ya take in!! Now W.W. has changed to points and I dont know what all that is about but same thing Food diary and water with exercise and the meetings has made it very successful!! So with MFP you have the three corner stones and You log in here everyday and be with Like mInded ppl which is like attending a meeting each and every day!! Now we may be doing different types of eating plans but we are all here for the same reason!! To get Healthy and in shape!!! :smile:

3. The Food database is wonderful and is great at keepin ya honest!!

4. I read a lot of profiles and look at the food diaries and I ask questions so am learning all the time!
  • TISHkidneytransplant28
    Options
    Because I want to lose weight and MFP holds me accountable to what I shove in my piehole! Yep it's just that simple:)
  • katrinaneuman
    katrinaneuman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a planner I have to plan everything. I like to see progress in everything I do. My Fitness Pal is perfect for me because I set goals and stick to it. I hate to miss a day, I don't like the feeling of failure and so therefore I stick with this. It is easy for me to tell myself that I didn't that much because I graze instead of sit down and have meals, with this app I log every food that enters my mouth. It helps me eat more balanced I find myself having more meals and I am still losing weight and coming in under my calorie goal, even eating more because I am picking healthier things knowing that I have to account for it. I am proud of anyone that uses this app, keep up the hard work.
  • TheRainQueen
    TheRainQueen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lol to someone saying MFP stood for Muscles, Fatties, and Pervs. I find I am very detail oriented and like to have a plan..I have calorie counted before but this site has helped immensely with my goals when before, I have unfortunately given up before. 75 lbs so far and still going strong.
  • starartist
    starartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hmmm no I can't say I am into science and math. I'm a graphic designer and fine artist. I'm usually quite messy and I procrastinate. I think I just like the app for its convienence. I don't really look at the graphs or anything. I just like the social aspect of the website and the fact that logging my calories gets me results.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i like numbers. and precision.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am a person that needs a reasonable/understandable/logical explanation for things I take up. I am also a person who cannot "go on a diet of deprivation". This app did it for me because, well, it's common sense. So I guess I am a common sense kind of gal.
  • PeterMS1
    PeterMS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agree with earlier comment by Krystle
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm not a math girl, definitely a liberal arts type. However, I know I need structure in order to achieve a goal, I simply cannot be trusted if left to my own devices :tongue:

This sounds like me. I can flit from one project to the next without missing a beat, or without finishing if I get bored with something. MFP is the structure in my "get healthy" plan.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    OP: to answer your question, " Are we all good at something? " the answer is YES! Each of us is good at something, and nobody is good at everything.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Do-ers! I think the main cross section of people who are attracted to MFP are doers! I have the mobile ap for MFP, and it treally helps me with logging all my calories in, and my nike fuel band gives me the numbers for calories out to log.

To me, MFP is the "excel speadsheet with smarts" for fitness. I am an accountant and seeing the numbers and graphs and macros helps keep me on track.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Only awesome people

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfjYdWhcgjRfTetRiDsENF_DAFjvaCwYENlqj7E9gcF67xDC28
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've always been the type to make lists and charts. In college I always volunteered to make my friends' schedules based on their degree requirements and desire to sleep in. I suppose I rank somewhat high on the neurotic end of personalities, so MFP and I fit like peas in a pod! After reading through some other replies, OP, it looks like yes- MFP does have a "type" haha

*Edit* I'm an ESFJ by the way :)

I am an INTJ and I like MFP because I like logging and knowing what is in the food I eat. I do not really look at the graphs and charts. Also, MFP is free and a good source of data so that is a bonus. I like the forums. They are motivating when I can spend more time on them. I guess I am more utilitarian in my usage. I have been able to at least stay within my TDEE using MFP and the BodyMediaFit. My husband is in the hospital right now and having emergency surgery in a couple days because he has not even been able to walk lately. We found out it was an issue he was having in his upper spine. So this situation has been very stressful and it is hard to keep losing weight. I am just holding myself to sticking within my TDEE during the next three weeks until my husband comes home from the hospital and rehab. It is great that MFP can be used to lose and to maintain.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm the girl who makes lists for her lists :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!