Options

Replies

• RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Great job, everyone!!

A few of mine:

-Looser clothes even when the scale did not show any loss

-The other night I was DYING to eat everything in sight and blow off my plan but I reigned it in and found other ways to satisfy my cravings and stayed within my calorie range. I indulged in banana and PB and it did the trick. : )

-getting more into herbal teas and finding them satisfying and a great way to get more fluid in
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My massage therapist told me if she know of my 'past' (being so heavy) she would've just thought I was a 40ish year old, very healthy lady. She says I have great muscle form. :)

And these are great NSV's, you guys rock!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    1. Got back into my size 10 pants after a a set back in my weight loss.
    2. Ran 1.25 miles without slowing down to catch my breath
    3. Decided I am ready for a 5K color run.

"I see my path, but don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."~Rosalie de Castro
  • jxspxr
    jxspxr Posts: 150
    Options
    1. I went biking with a really sporty friend of mine and it was nice! He was quicker, but I was not bad at all and we had a good time!
    2. After biking I took my shirt off (it was a very hot day) and another friend of mine was shocked by my size, my muscles. He said he already knew I was strong but that I've grown even stronger. That was awesome to hear, especially since these muscles grow naturally on me, I don't do fitness (yet).
  • bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am drawing a blank here. What does the acronym NSV stand for?
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Non scale victory. Any kind of success not related to the scale. :)

Mine this week: I noticed a HUGE difference in my knees. Up and down stairs like nobody's business! I've never gotten out of breath by doing stairs, hills, etc, but my knees would kill me. Not any more!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

Non scale victory. Any kind of success not related to the scale. :)

Mine this week: I noticed a HUGE difference in my knees. Up and down stairs like nobody's business! I've never gotten out of breath by doing stairs, hills, etc, but my knees would kill me. Not any more!

Ditto for me...... I've started doing squats and they've really made quite a difference in my leg strength.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I went shopping and I loved the way everything looked on me. It has been a long time, since I have felt like this. It was so hard before to find ONE thing that I liked. Now I love everything. :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I went shopping last week and fit into a size 4. I didn't get too excited about it because it was a store I never shop in, and you never know how they size things. Went shopping this week, and bought another size 4. So, I guess that's it. I'm a 4. When I look at my body, it doesn't seem much smaller, but I guess it is.
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was at my community center gym and was waiting for the squat rack (normally empty). The guy that was attempting about 2x what i do on squats made small talk. I had mentioned I was doing stronglifts, and looks and said it must be working!
    It's cool to get complements from people who never seen you before!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Someone at work that I see almost daily but rarely interact with stopped short and said "Hey, Naomi. Didn't there used to be quite a bit more of you?"

My husband took a photo of me from behind as we were out for a walk last night. When he showed me I complained that it made my butt look huge. He got so upset with me! "Are you kidding me??? You are literally working your *kitten* off and you look f***ing fantastic! Don't you dare criticize the woman that I think is beautiful!"

A child in my preschool class (I'm a teacher) sat on my lap and asked "Where is your squishy tummy today?"

My doctor was thrilled with my weight-loss and my blood pressure. She's planning to lower my BP meds dosage in a couple months when we see that my numbers are staying low.

It's been a pretty darned good week!
  • bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I did a search and found one of the acronym lists so I should be good to go.

Great NSV BTW.
  • tbgree00
    tbgree00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was wearing size 44 jeans and they barely fit. Today I tried on size 32 relaxed fit at a store and they looked awesome on me but I put them back because I know I can get into the 32 boot cut jeans I love in the next month or two.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me that my scrubs were about to fall of me! I did notice that the draw string on my scrub pants just ain't working anymore.

Also, for the first time in over 2 years I dropped something on the floor and I didn't absolutely dread picking it up. I just bent down, picked it up and kept going without even thinking about it. A few minutes later I realized what a huge difference that was! It's sad that I have been that out of shape...working on it though! :)
  • papalito
    papalito Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used the arms on the elliptical for all but one minute of my workout.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me that my scrubs were about to fall of me! I did notice that the draw string on my scrub pants just ain't working anymore.

Also, for the first time in over 2 years I dropped something on the floor and I didn't absolutely dread picking it up. I just bent down, picked it up and kept going without even thinking about it. A few minutes later I realized what a huge difference that was! It's sad that I have been that out of shape...working on it though! :)

A few weeks ago, I 'accidentally' ran up two flights of stairs. I didn't even know I did it until I was at the top. There was no reason for it, I wasn't in a hurry. I stood there with my jaw on the floor and realized that maybe my body just knew that it was capable of that now, and wanted to be let out to play.
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    I decided to (after much agonizing about whether I should or not) go to Golden Corral last night with my family and other family members that I haven't seen in months. As we ate dinner my sister in law looked across the table and asked me "Have you lost weight?" Well, this was a big victory for me since no one that I see from day to day has ever said anything regarding my weight loss. I assumed it just didn't show yet but I guess it's because others see me all the time. It also had the effect of reining me in at that massive buffet.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My formerly skinny jeans are now hip-hop baggy, if you know what I mean. ;)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    One of my motivations for getting back on the wagon this time was my work pants and jeans. It is a cold cold winter here in Aus and I needed to wear pants but I couldn't fit into any I own.

Last week I started to wear 2 pairs of work pants for the first time in a year, and on the weekend I wore my jeans all weekend.

My son said 'Mum are they new jeans', I just said 'No they are my old ones but I've just been able to get into them again'.

Great feeling.

GG
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I opened the cookie tin, looked at the beautiful chocolate chip cookie waiting for me, and before I could change my mind I snapped the lid back on and grabbed an apple. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!