Should I dye my hair this color?

Options
2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at picking colors. I think any of those colors would look lovely, but maybe the top right.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Also I don't know if you've ever dyed your hair before but to go from dark brown to blonde (like the bottom right pic) can be quite a process and, depending on the skill level of your hairstylist, can look pretty tacky and unnatural at first. All the brunettes I've seen go blonde take at least 2-3 appointments (initial all over color/highlights, then get it highlighted a few more times) before it actually starts to look decent. That's why I stop at a light caramel-y brown with highlights. Just my personal opinion :bigsmile:

My hair color now is a dye job lol. My natural color is like a dull medium brown :/ I would post a picture, but I've had this dark hair since I started loosing weight so the only pictures I have with my natural color is 79 pounds ago and those picture must stay hidden lol

WoW Congratulations on your loss that's awesome :D You look great. Well I'm sure whatever hair you end up with will look good! Good luck :)
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options
    Yes! You would look gorgeous because you're fair skinned and warmer colors generally look better. You're pretty like you are though :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get crap for my honesty but I'm not a fan of brunettes going blonde at all - It's like replacing a color tv with a black and white tv. To me, that dark color makes a person look quite colorful and vibrant whereas the blonde appears rather lifeless in comparison.

With that said, I would choose a caramel tone that's closest to your natural brown.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get crap for my honesty but I'm not a fan of brunettes going blonde at all - It's like replacing a color tv with a black and white tv. To me, that dark color makes a person look quite colorful and vibrant whereas the blonde appears rather lifeless in comparison.

With that said, I would choose a caramel tone that's closest to your natural brown.

lol :)

re the above "are you the pretty one" comment. what a fine thing to say. _ick move, man. that'll be her friend or cousin or someone. & of course the assumption is that girls are in competition with each other, or that they should be.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees these as the exact same color?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees these as the exact same color?

I was thinking the same thing actually.

And to the OP, if you're having such a difficult time choosing a hair color and are getting nervous about
    such a drastic change....you probably shouldn't dye it.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Furthest left. I think it's subtle enough to help you get used to it. I think if you go too blonde or too red, it'll be such a drastic change and it might take a longer time to get used to. I definitely wouldn't go red. You're quite tan, and it may come off as a bit fake looking. I know that even if I have a natural tan (I'm a natural redhead) I look like I just had a cheap spray job. The other two pictures have coloring similar to yours. So I would go with that. I lean towards the darker. I think it's classier.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Idk,...remember the movie The Blind Side?,...Sandra looked a little..off w/ the blonde,i say stay how you are ,yur beautiful!..or try on some wigs first,b4 you poss.damage yur hair?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    OP, you probably should have mentioned in the OP that your hair is already dyed. Most of us are hesitant to think you should dye your hair if it is naturally dark like that (and you are young and beautiful). But, knowing that your hair is already dyed would bring about more of the responses you were looking for.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Id say this one: Bottom right
    dq1zpf.jpg
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your feedback!
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    youd be stunning either way babe
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I like them all lol
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    hbb
  • AlexB422
    Options
    hbb

What? Lol
  • AlexB422
    Options
    youd be stunning either way babe

Thank you :)
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    You look great as-is, but the one on the left if you want a change.