Anyone else into punk rock?

Options

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I was a big Grunge and punk rock fan many years ago...Still enjoy it too but most of these bands don't play much or at all anymore lol...

In punk i was a fan of...

Blink-182
    Social Distortion
    MxPx
    Millencolin
    NoFx
    Offspring

etc
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like The Ramones.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yes! I was actually just listening to Agent Orange in the car. I got into more punk bands after being into ska in high school. I got to hang out with Mad Caddies one time. That was crazy cool. I'm glad Gogol Bordello's got some love on this site! J.U.F. is in my workout playlist. I love all kinds of music. Rap, classical, indie, pop, techno, funk. But I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for punk rock and ska since it was such a huge part of my high school existence.

Oh and it might not be punk, but it sounds like this is a crowd that might appreciate it. My husband just surprised me with Adam Ant and Alestorm tickets for this fall! I'm so unbelievably excited!
    Your entire post got me pretty stoked, haha!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    I was a big Grunge and punk rock fan many years ago...Still enjoy it too but most of these bands don't play much or at all anymore lol...

In punk i was a fan of...

Blink-182
    Social Distortion
    MxPx
    Millencolin
    NoFx
    Offspring

etc
    I just heard of Millencolin not too long ago, all the stuff I've heard from them so far is really good! :bigsmile:
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mmmm yes I've been on a punk kick lately. Rise Against & Bad Religion is the mix CD in my car right now :D
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    The Ramones are my all time favorite band!

Then the Real Kids, Generation X, Buzzcocks, Undertones, The Damned, The Misfits.

I played guitar in a ska/punk band, but I got kind of tired of ska. Played with some great bands though like The Blue Meanies, Slapstick, MU330, Animal Chin ...
    Undertones!! <3 I haven't listened to them in ages!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    im going to Riotfest in a month..

i love Naked Raygun
    Casualties
    Bouncing Souls
    gogol bordello
    etc
    Ooh, Gogol Bordello! I was supposed to see them a while back but ther show got cancelled. :/

That's a shame. They put on one of the best live shows I've ever been to. Flogging Molly gives them a run for their money, though. If they come back to town, go see them.

HE!! yes!!!! I was front row at a Gogol Bordello Halloween show at the Boulder Theater. I wore the outfit in my profile pic in fact (from when I just saw Adam Ant a few nights ago). Well, it wasn't a row... the stage was only about 2 1/2 feet high, and I was right up against it, right in front of Sergei. It was one of the best shows ever - and I'm going to see them at Red Rocks in a couple of weeks.

I listen to them, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Aiden, Emery, and a whole host of old school punk. :D:D:D
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I was always more metal, grunge than punk but Bad Religion, Rise against, Offspring, Sum41, The Flatliners and Billy Talent :heart:

...and now very nostalgic listening to tunes on youtube....wishing I had a little more than a beer :smokin: :tongue:
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love punk rock and synth punk. I also enjoy other genres though. Ska, rock, nu metal, metal...and even some blues are nice.
  • VirginieBarrette
    VirginieBarrette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOOVE : Bouncing Souls, Bad religion, Dropkick Murphys, Real McKenzies, Billy Talent, Rancid, Transplant, Street Dogs, Flogging Molly, Linkin Park, RHCP, MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES. ♥
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ive grown outta my punk days mostly however still love drop kick murphys
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like bad religion , dead Kennedy's , black flag, gutter mouth, nofx the misfits
  • RGFit412
    RGFit412 Posts: 177
    Options
    Anything that resembles Punk,Ska etc.. from the 90's and present I don't consider it Punk, It's too mainstream, major record label, Warped tour pop image oriented. If it's American it's not politically/anti establishment motivated like U.K. Punk movement, such as Crass, 999, The Clash, Anne Clark, Charged GBH, Billy Bragg, Discharge, P.I.L. The Exploited etc.. The Sex Pistols were just merely a marketing ploy Partridge Family Band formed by Clothing store owner/producer Malcolm McLaren who eventually delved into NYC Hip Hop < Buffalo Girls/Hey DJ etc..

Also True SKA to me is 50s to 80s Jamaican/British, like The Skatalites, The Specials, UB40, The Sensations, The Four Aces, Toots and the Maytals, The English Beat, etc..

American Punk was Anti establishment but leaned more into socio-ideals or sub-culture images/entertainment falling into sub genres being Punk, Skate punk, horror punk and teetering in between, - Minor Threat, Patti Smith, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, Fugazi, Dead Milkmen, FEAR, Circle Jerks, The Buthole Surfers, D.I., Violent Femmes, The Ramones, Gang Green, The Misfits, Descendants, D.R.I., etc..

As for NYC Hardcore it all sounds the same < @ least to me, and just doesn't hold much value, not so much in the bands but their audiences, unless you like to get slashed with a broken beer bottle or go on a stomping excursion with a menagerie of Neo Nazis.

I guess there aspects of punk I still love being a House / DNB DJ, I find my self rooting through my CDs and pulling out a Punk Gem and grinding it out.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dead Kennedy's, X, The Ramones, Bikini Kill. Just to name a few.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :-) dead Kennedy's, bad religion, op ivy, rancid, propaghandi, agnostic front, minor threat, me first and the gimme gimmes, nofx just to name a few ;-)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah. You could say I'm into punk rock although I've never of most of the bands listed. I'm more into early punk; 70's and 80's.

The Clash
    The Damned
    The Buzzcocks
    The Germs
    The Ramones
    The Birthday Party
    TSOL
    The Vandals
    Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik
    DI
    Johnny Thunders
    Dead Kennedys
    Wasted Youth
    Descendants
    Um... I'll just stop here. I was kinda there when punk wasn't dead.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I love punk rock!
  • MaryJaneMadeMeFat
    Options
    YES! Greatest genre of music ever... old school punk that is. P.S. I had drinks with The Forgotten Rebels many, many years ago.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    YES! Greatest genre of music ever... old school punk that is. P.S. I had drinks with The Forgotten Rebels many, many years ago.
    That's pretty freaking rad!
  • MaryJaneMadeMeFat
    Options
    Totally! I have a friend who plays bass in a punk band and they played with CJ Ramone. I love Canadian punk: SNFU, Nomeansno Teenage Head, Dayglo Abortions, Teenage Head.... Avril and Sum 41 are NOT punk.