The Little Reason (or Motivator) for Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Truth? I want to be sexy, damnit. That's my number one reason.

I also want to look good in a bathing suit and take my kids swimming without being totally embarrassed about my body the whole time.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of hiding in my sweater in 100 degree weather, and I want my boyfriend to have the hot gf he deserves :)
  • lwhitaker9590
    lwhitaker9590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a few little things to say here lol 1. Most stores do not have cute clothes in my size, they are either older for my age or are "church clothes" I am tired of not having the cute outfits and looking like a tom boy (because I wear a t-shirt and plain blue jeans) all the time. I am a woman and I want to dress nice and feel great in my clothes. 2. Also I too hate the fact that I get holes in my pants from my thighs rubbing together. 3. I can't cross my legs and I want to be able to! 4. I have a wedding coming up and that keeps me motivated! 5. I want to be able to walk into a room with out wondering if every one is thinking "OMG look how big that girl is!" thats just the begining of my many reasons why I am losing weight!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I want to be the person I imagine myself as.

Every time I walk by a window store or full-length mirror I think "Who the heck is that huge person?!~"
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Health and comfort and capability, being able to play frisbee on the beach with my son and his yet-to-be-conceived kids, getting through a Krav Maga class intact so I can walk without fear at night, and all the usual big reasons. And two little reasons I'll share...
    1. I had a whole bunch of really nice clothes stashed away that I wanted to wear again instead of giving them away.
    2. So that when I say "can't touch this," guys will actually be bummed about it.

Also, fit and good-looking people often get treated better in restaurants, retail establishments, and even the workplace. I wanted me some of that again. :)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I am tired of not having the cute outfits and looking like a tom boy (because I wear a t-shirt and plain blue jeans) all the time. I am a woman and I want to dress nice and feel great in my clothes.
    I also wanted to look unquestionably girly in a t-shirt and plain blue jeans. Pretty much anything looks good on a nice body! :bigsmile:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Confidence. I put layers of clothes on to hide myself. I don't like being naked and hate clothes shopping. I just want for once to be a beautiful woman that can feel great in the skin.

Also my son deserves to still have a mom living when he is 20.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I want some of these women that I look at and notice to start looking back and noticing me also. plain and simple. Its just a vain reason like that.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I agree about the sweating thing. My main motivator is just to be able to move in the ways I need to and want to without pain or difficulty. I hate being limited physically. Also, I feel so ugly and ashamed of my body when I am getting out and doing things regularly. I do not like to look at myself in the mirror in public. Psychologically it is very difficult to be big and feel good about myself.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    To be honest I joined this site not too soon after a suicide attempt.

I feel like even if I'm depressed, I want to be able to say "well, I hate my life but at least I look FABULOUS!"
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    To be honest I joined this site not too soon after a suicide attempt.

I feel like even if I'm depressed, I want to be able to say "well, I hate my life but at least I look FABULOUS!"

Life can get better. I tried to kill myself when I was 14 or 15 and for a long time ( a good ten years) I hated my life and would have killed myself if given the opportunity. After I got married and had my son that gradually changed to the point where I do not feel suicidal at all and I do not hate my life anymore. I love my husband and my son is the most special guy I have ever met. God spoke to me spiritually as well, in that there is a verse I found that talks about how if you destroy God's temple, he will destroy you. So that puts some fear into me that if I were to kill myself I may be destroyed by God, and I do not want that to happen.

The verse is 1 Corinthians 3:17: "If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for God's temple is sacred, and you together are that temple."

Given the fact that Paul also says that the body of a Christian is the temple of God, if I were to destroy my body, it is possible I would face hell. There are also verses that talk about perseverance and finishing the race.

Of course, this may not speak to you, but for me it gives me at least some hesitation when considering suicide, not that suicide is really an issue for me anymore, but I guess it could be again given different circumstances. I have sort of made a promise to myself and my husband that I will never commit suicide. Having a child definitely cements my desire not to kill myself because I could not imagine how it would affect him to lose his mother in that way. He would be devastated because he really loves me a lot.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone say this but its a big thing for me, you know when the wind blows and your top/dress sticks to your stomach I feel so self conscious because of my belly not being flat so that's whats motivating me : )
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight, even though it was only just into an overweight BMI, my waist was two whole sizes bigger than my hips. I only really realised what that meant when a pair of jeans from my favourite brand fit round the waist but bagged at the crotch. So I had to lose or never wear jeans again!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Double post!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    1. Being on top
    2. Chub Rub (thighs rubbing)
    3. To keep hubby interested
    4. I like getting whistled at and objectived
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    1. to be smaller than my sister
    2. to be the cute friend
    3. to be a MILF LOL
    4. but mostly so I could live long enough to make a fool of myself at my youngest son's 60th birthday while being the hottest 90 something there! LOL
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am sick of wearing stretch pants.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Every time I come back to see the responses to this post, I feel less and less alone and more and more motivated and happier. I have seen posts where I didn't realize that was something in the back of my mind that bugged me (i.e. the wind blowing my shirt across my "computer bulge" (its the name my mom gave her roll above the waist line - below the waist line is lap-top)). Thank you everyone - I am new on this latest adventure and I love that I have this place to turn to. I wish they had a "like" button on the posts like facebook, because I would have liked EVERY ONE of the posts!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Main reason, increase strength and stamina to make the farm work a little easier.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Mine is so my gut doesn't hang over. So my husband doesn't have to move my fat rolls when we get intimate. (ugh.. )

You and me both, mine and my husband stomach always gets in the way.